Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-27-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
schwabke
Bat Boy

Newbie Questions

So I'm new to the game, and there have been a couple things in my current season that have puzzled me, so when in doubt, ask the experts.

Background - I started a franchise with the 1919 Chicago White Sox (always been fascinated with that team - even wrote a paper on them in my 11th grade English class). Finished the 1919 season 84-56, and missed winning the division by 2 games.

Went through the whole offseason - player retirements, free agent draft, etc and am almost done the 1920 season. Doing fairly well again - 86-61 with 7 games to play (though the Yankees have won over 100 already, so I'm mathematically eliminated). Eddie Collins is riding a 32 game hit streak though.

Anyways - there weren't any injuries in my 1919 season. But I've had several in the 1920 season (good thing I had some players on the bench). After game 118 - my lead off hitter got placed on the 15-day DL. He hasn't been activated - and when I click on him, it says he's not eligible. How does that work? Some players went on the 15 day DL - but were back in less than 15. Missing a big part of my team for over a month - and it hurts!

But what hurts the most - one of my draftees - who I had hitting 6th - and who was hitting over .340 with 100 RBIs - just got snapped away by the Browns as a FA - how did that happen? What could I have done to prevent that? That's a second blow to my lineup! He was currently rated 3.5 stars - with a potential to be 4.5 - so I would never let someone like that get away if I could help it!

Also - since I'm about to finish the season tonight - how do I use my offseason player development budget to improve my team best?

Thanks for your time/help!
schwabke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:07 AM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Injured list time can run out but the player can still be injured and thus not available to be activated.

I'd guess development money doesn't do anything in a historical game if the settings are some version of recalc with development off. Could be wrong though. I play 3 years recalc dev on TCR 100 and spend lots of money on dev. Usually I set scouting to maybe 85% of max and set dev a bit less than that.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:00 AM   #3
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

My view is that if AI teams are spending money on something I should too even if I'm mostly convinced it does nothing. I have no international in my games but AI teams spend scouting money on that so I do too.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote