Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #1
Glennf66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Year Won't Tick Over

I've been running the same season since, real life year, 2014 and just finished my 2051 season...well I tried to finish my 2051 season.

After the playoffs the season never ended and I just kept siming, day-by-day, hoping something would happen (free agency, Rule 5 draft) but nothing did. Now I'm at March 5th 2052 and none of the stats have reset, there's no spring training. No nothing.

I'd really hate to lose my long term league like this.
Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Running latest version after the new patch.

Edit: And now the league won't even load. Stuck at 50% for about 10mins.

Last edited by Glennf66; 06-08-2021 at 06:23 PM. Reason: More info
Glennf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

maybe the game has a corrupt file somewhere?
you could try auto restore .. here a link and explanation. hope it helps ...best of luck.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...42&postcount=4
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

oops - double post ... sorry.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
Glennf66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you very much, mitchkenn.
Got it working thanks to you and Alex Murray.

If you're having the same problem try this out, which I got from the "Known Bugs and Resolutions" post.

-Game Won't Advance Into Offseason
We did discover that there is a bug that's causing the offseason begins event to not get summoned by the game. There are two ways you can go about fixing that and correcting that issue while we get it patched out for future saves and any new leagues you start up.

1-We can turn on commissioner mode and force the game into offseason mode and that will push the issue past and out of the way. This is a manual way to go about doing the fix. The way to do that is to enable commissioner mode by going to your manager options screen. After you check that box on go to the MLB dropdown and select Reports & Info. On that menu select League Events List and on that page add an event. Change the custom event dropdown to Offseason Starts and give it the name Offseason Begins. Save those changes to that custom event and the game will start up the offseason for the MLB league. We do recommend following the 2nd step as well just in case the same issue happens next year.

2-The devs have told me that alternatively, you should be able to simply delete the minors schedule. Our lead dev posted this on our forums about this issue. "Okay, it looks like the game is getting confused because some of the minor leagues have already generated their next years schedules. I think it's doing that due to having run an expansion before the season. We should be able to fix that going forward - for now, I would suggest going into your minor leagues and deleting their schedules, and then I think your MLB league should be able to advance to the offseason like normal."
BUILD 42 SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE

Last edited by Glennf66; 06-08-2021 at 10:40 PM. Reason: More info
Glennf66 is offline   Reply With Quote