Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-04-2018, 11:35 PM   #1
Sir Chives
Bat Boy

Exclamation Question before buying - Tournaments

I currently own and play a lot of ootp 18. I like to create fictional leagues that are structured like soccer leagues in Europe (1 league per level, 1 division per league, promotion and relegation). In addition to that I often have the start date to be very early, like 1880, and grow the leagues slowly over time (i.e. the number of levels and teams in each level fluctuate constantly).

And so my question is this. Is it possible to implement an FA cup style tournament that runs throughout the season along with the regular season? If it is possible how easy is it to do?

I know that association tournaments already exists, however, I like to keep detailed records by taking screenshots of the bracket and the UI for association tournaments is not really conducive to what I do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this issue really is a deal breaker or maker for me.
Sir Chives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
koohead
Hall Of Famer

I don't believe this is possible because for tournament purposes the players are "borrowed" from their regular rosters. If I understand you correctly, you'd want to run a regular league in parallel with a tournament. Perhaps if you manually managed schedules you can ensure there would be no conflicts where a certain player ends up being needed for two different teams at the same time.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Sir Chives
Bat Boy

thank you for letting me know. It looks like I'll be passing on 19 then. Maybe it will be possible in 20
Sir Chives is offline   Reply With Quote