Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

2018 Chicago Bears discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
I'm calling it right now. Bears, at best, win 7-8 games this season and still finish last in their division. It is loony to think they leapfrogged Green Bay, Minnesota or Detroit even with Mack. I suppose Rodgers could get hurt again and then the Packers would finish last, but if the key contributors remain healthy, da Bears are still on the bottom looking up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Although the narrative of "they have a new young offensive minded coach and a top pick quarterback so therefore they must be the LA Rams" is way overblown I can still see the team compete for sure. That defense was going to be sneaky good before the Mackquisition (provided Kyle Fuller doesn't prove to be someone who only played well because of a contract push) and while the Robinson signing doesn't fix their still-weak group of wide receivers, Trey Burton is the most underrated tight end in the league and a great signing. If he doesn't go LaDarius Green on them I think that's enough offensive firepower along with Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen to possibly go 10-6 or 11-5 considering they have a very good run-blocking line.
I didn't want to derail the pick the loser pool thread. I don't see how the Bears can possibly get double digit wins. At best they go 3-3 in the division meaning they have to go 7-3 in their other games. It is probably going to take Mack a month or so before he really gets his feet under him after sitting out and learning a new defense. I'm sure he'll get his sacks, but not sure it is enough to be a difference maker right away.

I think they are 3-5 after 8 games and 7-9 for the season.

2019 is more likely for the Bears offense to step up and the defense to be firing on all cylinders from the start of the season.

I know hope springs eternal and maybe I'm just out of touch or delusional. Time will tell.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

You're not out of touch, it's what's expected from the Bears. I just think they will be better this year and I don't know by how much. I need a few weeks before I am going to assume they are going to lose.

They may not win this game in GB, but their schedule is pretty easy overall. I'm not sure they don't win 9 -10 games. At least it wouldn't surprise me.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Mack will help but I'm still not sold. i had them at 5 wins before Mack, actually before the Chiefs game. i have them at 7 wins now. i dont see Trubisky being the savior. Going to the Patriots game.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

That front seven had great potential this season even before the Mack deal. Although Fangio's got a pretty exotic scheme Mack's a game-changing talent (apparently; I've only really seen him play 2 or 3 times and I don't find his numbers as impressive off the back of JJ Watt and Aldon Smith and such but everyone's always going off about his pass rush ability) and I'm sure he'll pick up quickly. The secondary is a bigger question mark but Philly proved a strong pass rush can mitigate a less talent-filled secondary. The other thing here is that Nagy gives them an offense that actually fits in with this century. It'll be interesting to see how Jordan Howard is utilized as he isn't the type of back that works in his type of system but he's a talented enough player I'm sure Nagy will change things around to make it work. A lot rides on Trubisky and that O-Line is going to have to show up in pass protection but for as much of a Matt Stafford believer as I am I could see the Bears sweeping the Lions.

Looking at their schedule for the first time I have them at 9-7 but with road losses to Detroit and Miami. I can see them realistically starting 6-2, it all comes down to Trubisky.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #5
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Mack will help but I'm still not sold. i had them at 5 wins before Mack, actually before the Chiefs game. i have them at 7 wins now. i dont see Trubisky being the savior. Going to the Patriots game.
I'm sure the people that have posted in this thread could give Chicago's receiving corps from last year a run for its money and I'm 5'9" 215 with probably like an 8.1 40. Much like Goff that first year shouldn't be considered a reflection of what Trubisky can do whatsoever. If Burton plays as well as he has the potential to as the #1 TE and Robinson gives Trubisky an actual downfield element with his big catch ability I think Tarik Cohen in the passing game is all Nagy will need to make this offense respectable considering the quality of the running backs and the O-Line from a run-blocking perspective.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:16 AM   #6
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

The bears defense was ranked 10th last year and received a big upgrade with Mack and maybe Smith in the middle. Amos is solid but the rest of the secondary is pretty questionable.

The offense is a bit more of question mark but should see improvement this year. Burton, Robinson, Gabriel, and Miller are major upgrades over the fodder that was on the field last year.

The bears are certainly better. How much is hard to say.