Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Enforcer
Minors (Double A)

Mr. Winter.. What about these features?

Hey Mr. Winter I would like to hear if these will be added?

career leagues incl.
aging
player progression
salary cap
some type of animations even just x's and o's like XOR
head2head online multiplayer

I would love to know this

Thank you
LE
Old 06-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

career leagues incl.
aging
player progression
salary cap

Thank you
LE
From what I know all of those will be in the game except for the last one (though there might be online leagues).
Old 06-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
james17
All Star Starter

I believe baseballsonly is correct.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:22 AM   #4
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

I think Michael said animation is off the table for v.1.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:38 AM   #5
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
I think Michael said animation is off the table for v.1.
Hmmm...not sure about that. Original features included it. Of course, it may have changed. Need to hear from Michael, I guess.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:25 AM   #6
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Personally I am more interesred in a stable match engine with solid PBP that allows you to carry out a game at your pace in version 1. After that bells and whistles can be added. If it can all be done in version 1 great. I hope though 1st things come first and not a rush job to get everything in so it ends up not satisfying anyone. Yes, I am thinking of examples.

Last edited by bradko; 06-26-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #7
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is there any sort of development blog or preview for BTSF?
Old 06-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #8
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Is there any sort of development blog or preview for BTSF?
Great idea! I wish there was.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

There are some videos from Francis' game that BTS is based on...

it had a 2d game animation, I'm going to guess that it carries over to PFS.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #10
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Maybe I'm confusing another game discussion.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:51 AM   #11
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

career leagues incl.
aging
player progression
salary cap

Thank you
LE

Online multiplayer certainly not and animations are at least questionable. The rest should be in the game.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #12
Ohgr
Bat Boy

I'd rather wait for another year and having the games animated in an accurate way, than finding myself hating it, because of the lack of game animation. There are enough games out there who just textsim it because of reasons.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #13
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Then wait another year. As you stated you want accurate animation. With the actual game gameplay being a very small part of the overall goal of achieving a career /draft /trade simulation anyway, it would be a waste in my opinion to spend resources here. BTW there are NO sims currently available of this type that get the text part even right. When they try to hurry in animation without fixing this it just makes the situation worse.

Last edited by bradko; 07-02-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:09 AM   #14
james17
All Star Starter

I'm still hoping for some type of X's and O's 2D animation. OOTP has returned to being my favorite game to play because of the recently added animation. No it's not perfect by any means but it sure makes playing out every game more enjoyable.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #15
Ohgr
Bat Boy

Well, a better one than DDS would be great already, since it is skipping the hangtimes during throws, kickoffs and punts and incomplete passes. I just want to see my strong o-line pulling holes into a weaker d-line and my running back going through this gap.

There is Pigskin Empire which makes a decent job of animating the plays, but it is online. If that would be available as a singleplayer game, I'd love to play it.

I can't believe that in 2016, we still have games with ugly UI and textsimulated games as the leading games of the genre and devs that don't even try to make animations possible. The last thing I need is another one of those.
Don't get me wrong there, those games are great when it comes to depth and stuff, but the connection to the players on the field is what I miss.

Last edited by Ohgr; 07-03-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #16
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Everyone keeps saying it but could someone please point to the career sim football game with great PBP so I can buy it instead. I dont want to hear Action Pc or strat not the right genre. Don't give me ddspf or mogul or that one from the 90s that has been updated like twice. Don't waste my time you claim you know a good one please PM me because I have been looking a long time.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #17
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Self ban

Last edited by bradko; 07-06-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #18
Ohgr
Bat Boy

What's wrong with you...
No respect for my opinion, disrespecting me personally by claiming I was drunken or would work for whatever? Insulting me for not being a long time member of those forums and expecting me to answer you within 24 hours?...What is wrong with you? I expect an apology for your disrespectful behaviour or just stop talking to me.

However, I'm going to reply to you anyways, even though I wouldn't:

Please respect my opinion or at least try to understand what I'm writing or just don't say anything. Because I can't find any context to what I wrote in your latest post. And If I had been misunderstanding, then apologies for that, my first language isn't english.

Yes, animated plays are important to me (and by god I'm not the only one), because there are enough games that do the text sim. I like FOF for it's depth (and I can't think of any game, that could do it better) and Bowl Bound for being College of those pure text games. I played both of those for years now.
Haven't touched Football Mogul, but I know it's also text. Like mentioned, Pigskin Empire does the play creating and animation, and playersimulating very well, but it's online and it requires you to be online every day, which I simply can't (plus you need 3 more players to run a good team)...My time for games doesn't allow to play such games.I work alot and my sparetime varies.

I don't like Strat-O-Matic or Action! PC Football either, because you can't build a dynasty. Just Season-Sims. Though I liked Strat-O as the tabletop game it originally was.

DDS...well...I had high hopes but it broke my illusions in the very first hours, where I let it simulate a draft and it simply picked 10 QB in my team in the first 10 rounds plus the animations were just...well, like written above. Although I have heard it might be great for online leagues. But like mentioned - no time for that.

So...there is no such game, what I'm looking for and I'm begging for it at every game I hope that can be such a game. That's why I am here, I have hopes, that BTS could be that game. They do very well at OOTP, but baseball is just not for me.

I hope I was able to clarify my point.

Last edited by Ohgr; 07-04-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:07 PM   #19
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Michael,
Why would this game not have 2d animation when prototype game BTS is based does? Shouldn't it be able to carry over.

Also, I am going to strongly recommend (for your interest) that you include multiplayer games (not head2head--games that work like OOTP online leagues: you export a file containing your strategy, roster moves, etc) of some kind, even if the import/export is crude. I know many people are longing for a good MP game and would be much more inclined to dish out $40 for this game if it included the feature in some form.
Please realize I am not asking for head-2-head gameplay, rather an import/export style like OOTP (and DDS and FOF, the two competitors) have.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #20
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgr View Post
DDS...well...I had high hopes but it broke my illusions in the very first hours, where I let it simulate a draft and it simply picked 10 QB in my team in the first 10 rounds plus the animations were just...well, like written above. Although I have heard it might be great for online leagues. But like mentioned - no time for that.
I agree with your frustrations about DDS, and in fact I have stopped playing the game. However, I would like to point two things out:
1) There have been many improvements since the game was released, fixing bugs like the one you mentioned. I recommend giving it another try.
2) Online leagues are very manageable--most sim 2 or 3 times per week. If you can log on twice each week for 15-30 minutes, you should be good enough (especially since DDS is fairly simple; FOF is more time consuming).