Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
cune_daddy
Bat Boy

Batter Ratings vs. LHP/RHP

First off major props on the game. I'm loving it. The only issue I have found is that the better ratings seem to be reversed. For example LHB have higher ratings vs LHP which is obviously incorrect. I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed. Thanks!

**** I have clarified my question below ****

Last edited by cune_daddy; 03-28-2015 at 01:57 PM.
cune_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cune_daddy View Post
First off major props on the game. I'm loving it. The only issue I have found is that the better ratings seem to be reversed. For example LHB have higher ratings vs LHP which is obviously incorrect. I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed. Thanks!
I don't think you can make blanket statements like that. To be sure I looked at 30 or so LHB and found the ratings to be what I expected. Perhaps it is something in your league set up that is different?

Give more info please.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
cune_daddy
Bat Boy

Clarification

Sorry I was not clearer before as I was on my cell and had a 2 year old girl screaming in my ear. So let's start over...

Traditionally in baseball, RHB have had more success vs. LHP than RHP. Likewise, LHB have had more success vs. RHP than LHP. Except for a few rare players.

If you go to your players' batting ratings page you will see that the ratings reflect the exact opposite. For example A. Rizzo (LHB) has much better rating vs LHP than RHP. That is just one player but I have found this on almost every single Cubs player.

Take this and compare it to your OOTP players and you will find that it is the exact opposite and the way it should be. I believe this was just an oversight.

Now, I have just realized that the Pitchers' ratings are also backwards... as Kyle Hendricks a RHP for example, has better 'Stuff' vs LHB etc.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Also for the record, I am on Android version.

Last edited by cune_daddy; 03-28-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cune_daddy View Post
Sorry I was not clearer before as I was on my cell and had a 2 year old girl screaming in my ear. So let's start over...

Traditionally in baseball, RHB have had more success vs. LHP than RHP. Likewise, LHB have had more success vs. RHP than LHP. Except for a few rare players.

If you go to your players' batting ratings page you will see that the ratings reflect the exact opposite. For example A. Rizzo (LHB) has much better rating vs LHP than RHP. That is just one player but I have found this on almost every single Cubs player.

Take this and compare it to your OOTP players and you will find that it is the exact opposite and the way it should be. I believe this was just an oversight.

Now, I have just realized that the Pitchers' ratings are also backwards... as Kyle Hendricks a RHP for example, has better 'Stuff' vs LHB etc.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Also for the record, I am on Android version.
Yeah I misidentified the game you were referring to. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Good luck.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I would like to be able to edit those ratings, like in the Computer game.

But, if not, it is still the best out there for the IPad. Plus, you can only do so much on the IPad.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:26 AM   #6
cune_daddy
Bat Boy

I'm actually surprised that no one else has noticed this.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Where exactly are you looking? What kind of device? I am not seeing this either, and the code indicates everything is displayed correctly. Rizzo for example shows better ratings vs RHP than LHP.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-30-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #8
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Anthony Varvaro is an example of a RHP who is better against lefties than righties, and his rating should reflect that
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
cune_daddy
Bat Boy

I was looking at the wrong numbers the entire time. Sorry!!