Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:15 AM   #21
ignats75
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbutt View Post
Here's what I'm talking about:

A live series Rich Hill, who has never fetched more than 70 pp, is currently being auctioned for a minimum bid of 100pp, and buy now of 1112pp.

Sorry man, I'm not paying that.
Figuring how greedy to be and yet still attracting a buyer is what separates the Good from the Bad and Ugly.

ignats75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:43 AM   #22
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignats75 View Post
Figuring how greedy to be and yet still attracting a buyer is what separates the Good from the Bad and Ugly.
I suppose, but the sheer audacity of some of these listings gets me. I try to list cards so that they sell for around what they are worth. Now if Rich Hill is suddenly regularly going for over 1000pp, so be it.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I suppose, but the sheer audacity of some of these listings gets me. I try to list cards so that they sell for around what they are worth. Now if Rich Hill is suddenly regularly going for over 1000pp, so be it.
He's an interesting choice to try to sneak through at a premium price.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #24
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
He's an interesting choice to try to sneak through at a premium price.
You know, that very auction, he is up over 400pp so clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm still not going to pay 499pp for that card but I guess if that is what the market will bear...
Old 03-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #25
chazzycat
All Star Starter

But what if that was the last card you need to complete the collection?

I have definitely overpayed for some cards in that situation...the collection rewards are so strong...
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #26
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Missions are ruling the auction right now. It's also the reward for LIVE collections are significantly better in 21. There are some real solid players on these team collections not to mention getting more plus pakcs for sweeping through divisions and League.

Check out Diamond Special Edition cards on AH. Can get a real good upgrade for your team for 5k or less. Mel Ott, Lyons, Winfield, Kiner, Kendall, Blyleven, Plank are some there now. Maybe because some people blowing through collections are only interested in Perfect rating players?

Anyway, better 5000pp value than buying 5 regular packs or bidding on LIVE Edwin Diaz, Giolito or Kris Bryant or whatever while people are filling out their collections imo
Old 03-31-2020, 05:38 PM   #27
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Missions are ruling the auction right now. It's also the reward for LIVE collections are significantly better in 21. There are some real solid players on these team collections not to mention getting more plus pakcs for sweeping through divisions and League.

Check out Diamond Special Edition cards on AH. Can get a real good upgrade for your team for 5k or less. Mel Ott, Lyons, Winfield, Kiner, Kendall, Blyleven, Plank are some there now. Maybe because some people blowing through collections are only interested in Perfect rating players?

Anyway, better 5000pp value than buying 5 regular packs or bidding on LIVE Edwin Diaz, Giolito or Kris Bryant or whatever while people are filling out their collections imo
A very solid point. I was just noticing Guzman SE on the market and the price was no doubt less than the entire collection could cost, if one were not patient.

And to answer Chazzycat, personally, if that was the last card I needed to complete the collection, I'd be breathing a sigh of relief, knowing that I'm almost there. Generally, there are at least 5 or 6 cards that will do for the last one.

Last edited by halfbutt; 03-31-2020 at 05:39 PM.
halfbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #28
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
And to answer Chazzycat, personally, if that was the last card I needed to complete the collection, I'd be breathing a sigh of relief, knowing that I'm almost there. Generally, there are at least 5 or 6 cards that will do for the last one.
Gotcha. If you can afford to be patient, that's great. I am typically rushing to finish a collection before I leave for work. My logic in that situation is that putting a strong card in your lineup all day could easily make the PP back in achievements, so a little overspending on the last card isn't the end of the world.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:49 PM   #29
bailey
Hall Of Famer

How much would you pay for Yogi Berra? Then buy the 780 cards according to that budget and get 38 other reward cards and 9 gold packs. Who cares if a bronze card costs 500? Not all bronze cards are equally common.
bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:54 PM   #30
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Funny, just found one for 85 PP buy now earlier and was thrilled. To think!

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:56 PM   #31
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Gotcha. If you can afford to be patient, that's great. I am typically rushing to finish a collection before I leave for work. My logic in that situation is that putting a strong card in your lineup all day could easily make the PP back in achievements, so a little overspending on the last card isn't the end of the world.
Yeah like with the Black Sox yesterday before work I overpaid some to finish the Oakland mission as it would mean I could start the season with Ichiro SE in Center (plus a gold pack that wasn't very good).

Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 PM   #32
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
No doubt.

If the entire entertainment business wasn't shut down right now, I'd probably be in the same boat. Having a lot of time to peruse the market on account of social distancing...
Old 04-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
The card is worth 900 pp because the payoff you get for completion of the mission remains equal to or larger than your initial outlay. If you want to get reasonably priced cards, I advise targeting historical cards. They often have better stats and are not being chased by completionists.
completionists. ...nice, Orion.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:10 PM   #34
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
completionists. ...nice, Orion.
It's even a real word!

Old 04-02-2020, 11:55 PM   #35
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
How much would you pay for Yogi Berra? Then buy the 780 cards according to that budget and get 38 other reward cards and 9 gold packs. Who cares if a bronze card costs 500? Not all bronze cards are equally common.
See below. The card is worth 85pp.

I care because I don't have 900 pp to spend on a card that is worth 85.

Now as to your Yogi Berra question, I wouldn't pay anything for Yogi because he is way out of my price range.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #36
chazzycat
All Star Starter

in a free market, you don't get to decide what things are "worth". If someone is willing to pay that price, that's the value now.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #37
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

All my teams are F2P and two of them are significantly better than they would be the second week in because of the Live Collections. I might have a highly competitive team by early summer this time instead of end of summer because of them.

People are quick to get mad at the auction prices but collections were great for building competitive teams in PT 2.0 as well. Tahiti in 2.0 was only competitive because I got Ed Walsh and 99 Appling in late July/early August.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #38
dank41
Bat Boy

I'll overpay for a couple guys by a couple 100 pp if i'm going to get Randy Johnson.
dank41 is offline   Reply With Quote