Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #21
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Even the Pilots?!?
Yup
Old 03-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #22
treesham
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidHickenbottom View Post
Fictional MLB with expansion at the end of season one. I'll be playing as the Carolina Horsemen with a brand new stadium in Charlotte. I'll probably set up ***, KBO, & CPBL leagues, too, although I might integrate Cuba into the MLB draft to shake things up.
Carolina Horsemen based in Charlotte? Only if it's a historical league with the old New York Giant player Dusty Rhodes....
treesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #23
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Think I might use the Brewers’ ‘50th season’ to do single-season replays of all of ‘em

I might do something similar starting with 1970 Brewers but might do a historical "shuffle the deck" with players from say 1920 to 1980 so you could potentially have Robin Yount and Babe Ruth coming into the league the same year. I've doing that with fictional midwestern teams and actual historical players too...

Drafting those leagues is half the fun...
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #24
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Usually I start off with a MLB Historical in 1901 and take control of the New York Giants. The past few years, I have went ahead and did a modern day one too as well.

This year, might be a little different....and try a few new ideas, especially in regards to the playoffs.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #25
youcoolman69
Minors (Single A)

I'll start a franchise with my Mariners. Excited to build around Kelenic.

20/80 rating system
Scouting: OFF
Coaches: OFF
Turn off Independent League FA, tone down INTL FAs

Hoping to find a fresh online league with similar settings or start my own if I had an assistant commish or two as I have no experience running a league.
youcoolman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #26
gigispeed1333
Minors (Single A)

Trade difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
I plan to start a new Modern-Day MLB Universe as the GM & manager of the Baltimore Orioles.

Basically the Out-of-the box settings, with these changes that I found to be the best for my game:

*80-20 rating Scale (what the scouts use).

*No Stars

*Trade AI: Very Difficult / favor prospects

*Other Leagues: ***, KBO, Mexico and play with the WBC.

*League evolution “on”, but No expansion and No relocation.

*Change award names to Silver Slugger and Gold Glove

The Orioles are in a tough spot with some legacy contracts, mid-market level revenue and a rebuilding system, so with my normal settings above, this will be interesting.
How difficult is it to make trades on Very Difficult versus Difficult? I have always played challenge mode, which I believe is difficult or hard?
gigispeed1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #27
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigispeed1333 View Post
How difficult is it to make trades on Very Difficult versus Difficult? I have always played challenge mode, which I believe is difficult or hard?
You can still make trades, but it is tougher.

For example, it is often pretty difficult to wrench-out top prospects, without yourself giving-up very real value. As a result, you really end-up looking for positional differences and other team's needs across the board in such situations.

And if you add-in the "No Stars", that causes me to really focus more on the player details. Therefore, using these settings will take longer to build-up your system, and I think makes the draft even more important.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #28
GSchultz
Bat Boy

I really like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePride87 View Post
Going to remove the Central Divisions, go back to a 4-division format like the early 90s....bring the Expos back as well as another expansion team. Create a system where only the best get to shine in the postseason (no cheap wild-card champions)

AL East
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Rays
Orioles
Tigers
Indians
[expansion team]

AL West
Astros
Rangers
Athletics
Mariners
Angels
White Sox
Twins
Royals

NL East
Expos
Braves
Marlins
Mets
Nationals
Phillies
Pirates
Reds

NL West
Cubs
Cardinals
Brewers
Rockies
Dodgers
Giants
DBacks
Padres

168 game season, divisional games only (24 each rival, 12h/12a)

Regular season division champs go to the 4-team playoff

Going to be a pain setting the schedule up, but excited to get this new game and start setting it up. Hate interleague, hate 33% of teams making the playoffs
GSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:13 PM   #29
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

I'm going to do a hands-off 2020 game in commissioner mode, and go day-by-day in real time.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #30
orange6
Minors (Double A)

I was planning on doing a 16-team fictional league with 1 level of minors. I will put all franchises in cities with no current MLB teams to eliminate any bias in my head (Portland, Brooklyn, Charlotte, etc).

But now with MLB being on pause, I might run a simultaneous MLB “live start” that acts as a competing league. Allow trading between leagues starting with the next offseason.
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #31
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Can't wait to import my expanded MLB league. Plan on starting it over though, this image is from a test copy I'm running in 20 right now to try a few changes I want to incorporate.
Bluenoser, what size monitor and resolution is that?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #32
Hacksaw86
Minors (Single A)

I usually play modern day MLB, but this time I have compiled a list of teams and going fully fictional, 32 team league. Creating three levels of minors as well (shout out to low and his thread for all the logos and uniforms.) Only thing I haven't decided on is taking over a team right away or simming for a few years to generate some history.
Hacksaw86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #33
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Probably work on an idea I started in 20, but never finished it up.

5 or 6 state based Independent Leagues at about AA level, in an association, and a larger regional MLB level league. Independent leagues get to draft HS and College players, top level league can buy players from Independents.

Probably create it and sim it for about 5 years, then take over a team in one of the independent leagues. Also want to create an association tournament with the top teams from the associated leagues.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #34
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

I always start with a standard game with my Pirates. This year I am really toying with the idea of starting a fictional league. I have been playing since version 3, but despite this I have never played a fictional league, except for Random Debut. I really like the idea of being able to build the stadiums for all the teams in a fictional universe now that there is a stadium builder in OOTP 21.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #35
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Bluenoser, what size monitor and resolution is that?
28" set @ 2560 x 1440 - game set to standard size font.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-16-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #36
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

I love reading threads like this. you guys are so creative. you come up with ideas that seem no brainer when you read them, but i would never have thought of in 100 years.
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #37
assamarra
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
I'm going to do a hands-off 2020 game in commissioner mode, and go day-by-day in real time.
I am planning on going day by day with either the Mets or Pirates, I already by in a day by day online league.

A real slow burner

Expect the worst, anything else is a bonus

assamarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #38
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Start setting up fictional universe, research dozens of cities history, geography, etc. to determine appropriate team names. Then spend hours upon hours getting logos, making jerseys and hats. Then one day come up with the next amazing idea for a league and start the whole process over again.

Do this over and over again until Mar.2021 and OOTP 22 is about to drop and I realize I haven't done anything. Rinse and repeat, version after version. I think I may have a problem.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #39
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
Start setting up fictional universe, research dozens of cities history, geography, etc. to determine appropriate team names. Then spend hours upon hours getting logos, making jerseys and hats. Then one day come up with the next amazing idea for a league and start the whole process over again.

Do this over and over again until Mar.2021 and OOTP 22 is about to drop and I realize I haven't done anything. Rinse and repeat, version after version. I think I may have a problem.
i know the feeling, i've been working on the same fictional world dynasty since OOTP 16. i finally got it started in OOTP 19 and it is still there. i'm trying to get it to a stopping point. So it never made it into OOTP 20, besides just to look at. Maybe, i'll be able to import it into 21... maybe.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 AM   #40
Dfost35
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One of my favorite fictional leagues was creating a custom league with a team in every state. (gave everyone a team to root for) Had it setup with 5team divisions with 5 divisions in each conference with an independent Canadian league. It’s honestly one of my favorite setups and I’m thinking about reviving it for this version.

Before it felt pretty immersive with the custom caps, logos, and jerseys. Now it should even more with the ballpark creator. Really wish I had the afternoon off to dive into this today!
Dfost35 is offline   Reply With Quote