Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #201
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
That's completely out of line. Do you know what happened to the developer??? Shame on you if u do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #202
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
Your empathy and understanding and quite frankly knowledge of how these things work don’t leave a lot desired, they are completely and utterly absent.

When you finally part with your cash for this game - which you will - and are enjoying the fruits of lots of peoples labours over a long period of time, please think back to your post.

Last edited by TC Dale; 11-27-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Edited for content not allowed on main forums. Please revisit the rules for guidelines.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #203
Cboy704
Bat Boy

Any updates on timeline for this game? I appreciate all the hard work the team has done so far, but curious if a release date is available.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #204
fortius54
Bat Boy

Of course, we are all excited for the game to come out, but it is not the end of the world that it isn't out this year. I don't think anyone is disrespecting the fans. This is not like the EA's of the world. The budgets aren't huge. They don't have a ton of people working on them.

I don't know the first thing about programming, but I'm pretty sure you just can't take the current version of FOF and drop it into a new framework of something that OOTP shoots for and it work automatically. If I have to wait until next year, I'm good with that especially if it allows us to have a more customizable system.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #205
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortius54 View Post
Of course, we are all excited for the game to come out, but it is not the end of the world that it isn't out this year. I don't think anyone is disrespecting the fans. This is not like the EA's of the world. The budgets aren't huge. They don't have a ton of people working on them.

I don't know the first thing about programming, but I'm pretty sure you just can't take the current version of FOF and drop it into a new framework of something that OOTP shoots for and it work automatically. If I have to wait until next year, I'm good with that especially if it allows us to have a more customizable system.
Exactly!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:24 AM   #206
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortius54 View Post

This maybe the case, is also may not be the case, the point is the lack of information and updates is beyond appalling! it takes 1 minute to post something
Old 12-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #207
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
This maybe the case, is also may not be the case, the point is the lack of information and updates is beyond appalling! it takes 1 minute to post something
It also takes a minute to look, see nothing and move on. By now everyone here as well as those lurkers out there know there will be few, if any, intermediate updates. Might as well just accept it and keep on keeping on.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #208
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
It also takes a minute to look, see nothing and move on. By now everyone here as well as those lurkers out there know there will be few, if any, intermediate updates. Might as well just accept it and keep on keeping on.
No body would be upset if they didn't make it sound like the game was coming out in the Fall... OF 2018!!!!!
Old 12-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #209
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

It’s dead, might as well close the forum.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #210
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
It’s dead, might as well close the forum.
Do u have evidence to supoort this "troll-ish" statement? Or do you just want attention?

Old 12-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #211
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

1 update all of 2019, which gave no info. Still no screenshots or any visual confirmation of the game...it’s dead.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #212
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
1 update all of 2019, which gave no info. Still no screenshots or any visual confirmation of the game...it’s dead.
Troll

Old 12-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #213
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Troll

Call him childish names if you must, but he's got a point. How much longer are people supposed to blindly have faith in something with absolutely zero tangible evidence of progress?
Old 12-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #214
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Don't worry about Sharkn. Anyone he disagrees with he calls a troll, like he did to me when I also criticized the process:

Quote:
Troll

Old 12-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #215
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

But the dismissive "troll" comments aside, this is the problem with announcing a game is in development, and then providing zero updates. We have a bunch of infighting happening in a forum for what COULD be a dead game, or what COULD be a game that is a few months away from release. We have no idea which way it's going, so it becomes a toxic back and forth in these threads.

Remember the good ol' days when this first was announced by Markus, and Ben would pop in fairly frequently to comment on questions and ideas? People were having constructive conversations around what they'd love to see in the game, improvements they'd like to see from FOF8, and just generally discussing our love for sports simulation games.

Then silence... and more silence... and... you get the picture. And despite the fact that mods have to see this fighting, they've done nothing to address it or provide any clarity on the project, so it gets more and more toxic. Long time customers like myself get angry, and you start to see brand loyalty erode.

It's not a good look. I'm just baffled that it's considered acceptable to just not talk to your fanbase at all, because that's "how you do things." It really seems pretty simple: Close the forum or chime in every now and then when people make the increasingly rare post about this "game."

Meanwhile, Perfect Team is being pumped out and refined, FHM is rolling along with its next release, and football fans sit here, during football season, with nothing.

In the meantime, I've been customizing Draft Day Sports College Football to my heart's content, crafting an entirely fake league and am developing schedules from scratch, in Excel, as I await the end of year release of the next edition. This is the stuff we love as sports sim fans, and I just wish we could have some sort of dialogue around this passion on this very product.

End of rant.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #216
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Excellent points Zep.

By the way, below is the exact quote from Markus back on Feb. 20th, 2018. Also, take note of the comment about Solecismic and OOTP working together for 8 months prior to Feb. 2018. That means there has been some sort of development effort on going for 2 1/2 years now.

OOTP originally set these expectations, not the community. It is not unreasonable to anticipate or request an occasional status update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hi football fans!

We are very happy to announce today that Jim Gindin, owner of Solecismic Software and creator of the long-running Front Office Football game franchise, has joined the OOTP Developments family!

Jim and our team (led by Andreas) have already worked together for over 8 months, laying the groundwork for a franchise reboot which will proudly carry the name "Front Office Football". We have not finished the final feature list, and we have not set a specific release date, although we are targeting late 2018 at the moment.

Since today is a special date for Jim (his company Solecismic Software celebreates its 20th anniversary), we figured it would be perfect timing to keep you in the loop about what was going on here behind the scenes. The new Front Office Football is based on the existing FOF engine and the OOTP user interface. The design has been rewritten from the ground up and should form the basis of years of new development.

We will announce more specifics in the coming months, so stay tuned! Exciting times are ahead.

All the best!
Markus, Jim, Andreas and the entire OOTP Developments family
Old 12-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #217
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

You are Pathetic, am out of this thread, had enough of reading this all trolling stuff. U will buy the game as soon as it's out.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #218
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
You are Pathetic, am out of this thread, had enough of reading this all trolling stuff. U will buy the game as soon as it's out.

Shark,

I was only detailing facts. If you disagree, that's fine. But point out your position.

I expected more name calling from you. I won't stoop to that level as we all have a right to express our opinions.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #219
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up

Quote:

Good riddance.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #220
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)

Happy Friday everyone. I jump on this thread every few weeks, just to see what's there. Like a lot of other social media (FB, Instagram, etc.) there's a lot of impatient people but those are the times. Harken back to the days of having no access to any information about a game. I used to try to scour the internet back in the day looking for a cool game. Now we just expect to see something new and/or informative as soon as we jump on.
I am a beta-tester for the baseball side but had an epiphany this summer after open-heart surgery at 54. Patience. Don't be in such a rush to get the newest or latest. If what you want isn't there but a decent facsimile is, get that. Enough of this BS back and forth. I remember having to wait in the mail for a Lance Haffner football game that I had ordered or checking the back pages of the Sporting News to see if there was a neat new game or when the new Strat-O-Matic cards were coming out.
Let's just relax and when we get some new information, be happy that it isn't dead, or that at least, you aren't.