Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A simulated six-team fictional league with a historical community draft

Hi,

So for my first game I wish to make a fictional league starring legends from across all eras of the game (well, as long as I can find the player in historical mode).

Want to see how Brett Hull would do with Connor McDavid as his center? You could make it happen in the AGE Hockey League (Always Golden Era Hockey League)!

The League
As I said in the title, the league consists of six teams - each with a designated captain/franchise player. All six players are forwards and I have decided on some level of inter-player rivalry, from three different eras.

The teams are:
Team Richard (Maurice)
Team Howe
Team Gretzky
Team Lemieux
Team Ovechkin
Team Crosby

All players drafted into the league will be manual edited by me, using data from the historical mode from their NHL Rookie season - and all skaters will be 18/19 years of age in the first season, all goalies will be 20/21 (dependent on their birthdays). However, if a skater was older than 22 or a goalie older than 25 in their rookie season, their in-game age will reflect this, as they should have more developed stats and therefore should retire/decline earlier in the name of fairness (I haven't thought this completely through, and it might not be fair at all, let me know)!

The Draft!
Any forum member can draft players to any of the teams. But are only allowed to draft one player in each round and may not draft two players in a row (last pick one round, first pick next round).
In the first 3 rounds we draft goalies, then 7 rounds of defenders and lastly 14 rounds of forwards, for a grand total of 25 players on each team.

The draft is a snake draft, so the picking order is flipped every round. Here's the draft order for the first two rounds, as decided by a intricate dice system:
1: Gretzky
2: Howe
3: Ovechkin
4: Lemieux
5: Richard
6: Crosby

Round 2:
7: Crosby
8: Richard
9: Lemieux
10: Ovechkin
11: Howe
12: Gretzky

Once the draft is concluded, I shall commence editing the game world, once done I shall save it for anyone interested (i.e. someone who wants to play the league online) and after that I will write up a Dynasty post, with tales of greatness.

Any comments, suggestions, better team names and obviously draft participation is very welcome!

Last edited by Skadhauge; 09-29-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Skadhauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The teams (I shall update this as best I can, but as I live in Denmark and a lot of you in the americas, there might be quite a bit of draft activity between my updates)

Team Gretzky

C Wayne Gretzky
G Patrick Roy

Team Howe

C Gordie Howe

Team Ovechkin

LW Alex Ovechkin

Team Lemieux

C Mario Lemieux

Team Richard

RW Maurice Richard

Team Crosby

C Sidney Crosby
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #3
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sooo... My rules, my pick!

With the first overall pick, Team Gretzky picks Patrick Roy.

Team Howe is on the clock...
Old 09-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

Team Howe selects: Bobby Orr
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickphillies View Post
Team Howe selects: Bobby Orr
Sorry buddy, love to see someone patricipating, but round 1-3 is only goalies. Round 4-10 is defence and then lastly we pick forwards