Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 10-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #101
pallison14
Major Leagues

Thanks. I've tried both relative and absolute paths, using the default directories, everything. Just not sure why it's not loading up.

Running: Apache, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.1.6

Should add, host is a 1&1 Linux VPS.

New York (AL), UBL

Last edited by pallison14; 10-02-2010 at 07:02 PM.
pallison14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #102
pallison14
Major Leagues

Okay, I've made some minor headway. Still not working, but apparently on 1&1 plans, you need to specify the port for MySQL connections. In this case, it's actually the path to the socket (i.e. localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock). Will StatsLab accept port parameters in the dbopen.php file?

Still haven't quite gotten it sorted, but feel like I'm at least getting there.

New York (AL), UBL
Old 10-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #103
sporr
Global Moderator

I'm running into my server's 70,000 queries/hour limit
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #104
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallison14 View Post
Okay, I've made some minor headway. Still not working, but apparently on 1&1 plans, you need to specify the port for MySQL connections. In this case, it's actually the path to the socket (i.e. localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock). Will StatsLab accept port parameters in the dbopen.php file?

Still haven't quite gotten it sorted, but feel like I'm at least getting there.
I'm using 1&1 and didn't have to do that.

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #105
pallison14
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingCubbyBlue View Post
I'm using 1&1 and didn't have to do that.
Can I Ask which plan you have and your PHP/MySQL versions? I have a VPS II as well as a standard hosting plan, and neither of them can connect to the SQL server at all.

New York (AL), UBL
Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #106
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallison14 View Post
Yes. In the dbopen.php file where you specify the hostname, append a colon and the port number.

e.g. "mysql.host.com:25"
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #107
pallison14
Major Leagues

For what it's worth, I finally got this going. I had to add the following to my .htaccess file. I'm not sure why my 1&1 VPS is such a pain the rear, but adding the MySQL socket path to the file did the trick.

HTML Code:
php_value mysql.default_socket "/tmp/mysql5.sock"
I should add that you'll need to find your actual MySQL socket path, as it can vary from host to host.

New York (AL), UBL

Last edited by pallison14; 10-04-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #108
pallison14
Major Leagues

Oh, I also had to edit my httpd.include file to allow php scripts to be run outside of web root.

Look for:

HTML Code:
php_admin_value open_basedir "/your/path/to/account/httpdocs:/tmp"
And change to:

HTML Code:
php_admin_value open_basedir "/your/path/to/account:/tmp"
This way, you can run the required dbopen.php file (and store the SQL dumps) in a directory outside of httpdocs.

New York (AL), UBL
Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #109
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
insert into `team_roster` VALUES (31, 1571, 2); -> Duplicate entry '31-1571-2' for key 1
Getting a lot of weird errors lately. It used to take 10 seconds for all of the SQL files to load. Lately I have to split them and load them manually. Tonight I've been trying to get them all to load for almost 3 hours.

What's wrong?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #110
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Getting a lot of weird errors lately. It used to take 10 seconds for all of the SQL files to load. Lately I have to split them and load them manually. Tonight I've been trying to get them all to load for almost 3 hours.

What's wrong?
A couple of things most likely. First, you've got SQL files that StatsLab doesn't use (including team_roster), so remove those. There are several of these that actually have errors in them, and StatsLab has been coded to handle only those that I'm aware of and that the utility requires. The full list of required SQL files is in the ReadMe. The other possibility is if you load a split file twice or out of order, you can get some odd errors. For commishes who are a little more tech savvy, there is a way to load the SQL files from the server rather than the web interface that avoids some of the timeout issues running through a browser cause.

Second, as a league grows, the size of the SQL files grow rather substantially. OOTP dumps ALL the stats for each table EVERY time you export. There's no way to get a partial SQL dump. This is most noticeable as you go from a league with no history to having a first set of stats in the tables, and then each successive season thereafter. Unfortunately, there's not much to code around in this regard until OOTP provides for partial data dumps. In MLB leagues, you're forced to load all of baseball history every time, rather than just the 2010 stats. Likewise, player ratings are loaded for every player in MLB history, rather than just those that are still active in your game.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #111
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Seeing some strange things in Stats under Last Sim. I have a pitcher on DeKalb, Terry Andrews, who I picked up on waivers from Orlando in the 2033 season. He's still on my team for 2034. We just had the first sim of 2034 and Andrews is showing up in Orlando's pitching stats for 2034.

Last Sim Statistics - StatsLab for OOTP11

Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #112
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingCubbyBlue View Post
Seeing some strange things in Stats under Last Sim. I have a pitcher on DeKalb, Terry Andrews, who I picked up on waivers from Orlando in the 2033 season. He's still on my team for 2034. We just had the first sim of 2034 and Andrews is showing up in Orlando's pitching stats for 2034.

Last Sim Statistics - StatsLab for OOTP11
I may have resolved this. Deleted all of the SQL sump files and other files created on the server, redid the SQL files and loaded them as new. Everything appears to be correct now, at least at first glance.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #113
sporr
Global Moderator

In our inaugural draft. Trying to manually draft a player as commish and I get a "Player not draft eligible" message when I try to select a player. Any ideas? It's a player in the draft pool and I get the same error when I try to login as that team owner and draft the player directly from the pool there.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #114
Brick
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a utility that calculates win shares for solo leagues in OOTP 11 like Catobase use to do?
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #115
Goody
Hall Of Famer

We are all getting the "player not draft eligible" message when we go to the draft. It was ok for the first few picks.

Now I can't even get into the draft admin screen to work on things.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #116
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I think I figured it out. You just can't do an inaug draft and a rookie draft in the same year without issues.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #117
Stu
All Star Starter

What host is everyone using for their online league/statslab implementations? I switched from shared host to a VPS a couple years ago but the cost is getting to be too much. I'm considering going back to shared hosting but want to make sure Statslab will still function correctly.

This question could probably go in the online league forum but I'm more interested in hearing about the experiences of Statslab users.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #118
MrWorkrate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
What host is everyone using for their online league/statslab implementations? I switched from shared host to a VPS a couple years ago but the cost is getting to be too much. I'm considering going back to shared hosting but want to make sure Statslab will still function correctly.

This question could probably go in the online league forum but I'm more interested in hearing about the experiences of Statslab users.
I run mine on a shared server without an issue. Two things you'll need to watch out for are SQL server limitations and CPU usage restrictions. Hosts often cap these to prevent a user from hogging all the resources of a shared server, and StatsLab can trigger these (usually the CPU usage one that triggers when processing the SQL files). If there are restrictions in place you can find processing of StatsLab files not completing with the process being terminated by the server.

On the flip side, discount webhosts that don't police SQL server and CPU usage can leave you with an overloaded SQL server, so SQL file processing can take much longer than it should, or even time out. It's tough to find a middle ground.

If you're looking for a host, I'd recommend spending the few extra bucks and going with a higher-end shared host ($12-20 a month). It's sure to run you less than VPS (which I can't remember seeing lower than $50-75 a month) and the slightly higher price weeds out the hosts that oversell their servers and the ones who allow the sites that hog the resources to run.

If you'd like, send me a PM and I'll tell you the one I use. I don't want to be accused of advertising so I won't post a link or say anything here, but I've had to deal with the stress of hosting an OOTP league, StatsLab, and a very large vBulletin board so I know what to look for.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #119
DWK
All Star Reserve

Is anyone else have a issue with there Draft List not saving?

I put my list in save it everything look find, then leave the site do something else then go back and take a look and it's empty or all the players that I put in aren't there (they were not pick yet either).
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #120
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Hi folks,

If you're having trouble with the draft utility... please install this small update:
draft.zip

To install, unzip the contents of this folder into the StatsLab folder on your server. Don't forget to backup your install before you do so.

If you still have problems, post here or PM me (including commish access and a link to your StatsLab install can sometimes help expedite resolution).

Thanks!

fhomess