Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
robert2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you eat long-term contracts in trades?

Last year, I was playing OOTP 15 and encountered this problem, which I made a thread about at the time:

Quote:
In my game, Jacoby Ellsbury wants to be dealt in the first year of his 7-year contract. However, it appears to be extremely difficult to trade him for anybody besides someone else with a large contract, and I'd prefer receive young cost controlled players for him.

So I'm suggesting there should be a feature where you can pay a portion of a traded player's contract. One where you can either make one payment up front or have prorated payments throughout the course of the player's remaining contract. Only being able to send cash in trades only helps so much, especially when I only have $3.5M of it to help cover a $150M contract.
I haven't downloaded OOTP 16 yet, but I'm wondering if that problem was fixed in this year's game. It was a pretty big obstacle for me last year and it would be nice if it was different this year, but I'll still probably wind up downloading the new version regardless.
robert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
s0ni42
Minors (Double A)

You can only add cash as a one-time transaction in a trade.
s0ni42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'd prefer a fix for the issue that has a player wanting to be traded after year 1 of 7.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
s0ni42
Minors (Double A)

Not sure they wanted to, but the Miami/Toronto deal included a lot of guys that freshly signed big contracts (ie Jose Reyes)
s0ni42 is offline   Reply With Quote