Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #201
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Teeny, tiny annoyance bug. When clicking on the first tournament below the title box (in this example Sunday 1500) it is not immediately clear how to close the box. You have to scroll up to reveal Sunday 1500 again to click on it again to close the box.
Attached Images
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #202
PyreDruid
Bat Boy

Tried to do a team with a 1500 cap, doesn't show all of my cards, so there's no way for me to get it under 1500. The lowest rated player available (reserve roster) is 60, most of my 60 overall and all sub 60 players aren't on my roster anywhere.

Listing entire organization only shows the same 200.
PyreDruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #203
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreDruid View Post
Tried to do a team with a 1500 cap, doesn't show all of my cards, so there's no way for me to get it under 1500. The lowest rated player available (reserve roster) is 60, most of my 60 overall and all sub 60 players aren't on my roster anywhere.

Listing entire organization only shows the same 200.

was it a "live only" or "historical only" tourney? I see a couple of those in the list right now.... (in which case, if the 'hide ineligible cards' box is checked off, you won't see your entire collection)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:11 PM   #204
PyreDruid
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
was it a "live only" or "historical only" tourney? I see a couple of those in the list right now.... (in which case, if the 'hide ineligible cards' box is checked off, you won't see your entire collection)

Doesn't show anything but the 1500 cap (60/Card). But I found the issue, the button for the "Card collection screen" was hidden (looks like it got pushed out of the way because of the warning that I was over the limit). Ooops. Spent 30 minutes trying to figure that out.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:14 PM   #205
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Seems to be a bug that allows people to change roster even after the tournament is under way. Facing a guy in a 1500 cap tournament that brought in 98 Kevin Brown as a ringer (along with swapping out 2/3 of the lineup) to let his regular rotation get back on full rest.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #206
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Bug issue:

I was in the final round of a 128 1500 quick super big cap game 6 down 3-2. I joined another tourney of the same type while waiting. I modified my roster quite a bit from the previous tourney. I go back in to check on my first tournament and the roster I was making for the new tournament was now the roster that was playing in game 6 of the old tourney.

I feel bad because I was running a 4 man rotation so my pitchers were pitching at about 70% and the new pitcher from my new roster was a 100% rested 98 Kevin Brown who wasn't even on my roster throughout the entire tourney.

Also when I was still modifying my new tourney roster the beginning of game 6. The old tourney took whatever roster I had for the new tourney at the time the simulation happened. I continued to modify the new tourney roster but no changes happened in game 7. It kept the game 6 roster.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #207
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmy Fungy-Phipps View Post
Seems to be a bug that allows people to change roster even after the tournament is under way. Facing a guy in a 1500 cap tournament that brought in 98 Kevin Brown as a ringer (along with swapping out 2/3 of the lineup) to let his regular rotation get back on full rest.
That was my team and out of my control. I was just modifying a new team in a tourney with the same format and that happened.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #208
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

The AI loves to use 2-3 guys over and over from the bullpen. I'll have at least 3 guys with 0 IP by the end of a tour but 3 others will have 10+

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:58 PM   #209
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Teeny, tiny annoyance bug. When clicking on the first tournament below the title box (in this example Sunday 1500) it is not immediately clear how to close the box. You have to scroll up to reveal Sunday 1500 again to click on it again to close the box.
As a workaround, you can close the box by clicking the refresh button.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:02 AM   #210
bailey
Hall Of Famer

This list is supposed to be sorted by type (asc). It looks unsorted to me. Better to sort alphabetically by title, IMHO. edit: or even by tournament ID would be better.
Attached Images
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:08 AM   #211
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
That was my team and out of my control. I was just modifying a new team in a tourney with the same format and that happened.
Ah, so that was it. No harm done! Hope they track down the bug that caused it.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:14 AM   #212
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Not a fan of the round robin tournament tree screen. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense--there has to be a better way to display the groupings/standings for round robin format.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #213
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
I am currently playing in a 1930 Historical Players Only Silver Level or Lower Tournament and I just recently lost a game and the winning pitcher is named "Joe Unknown".

Has anyone else seen the same thing?

*****Edit****

After looking into things more closely, I just realized that the team I played only had 12 players; 5 starting pitchers and only 6 position players.

So that is where the "Joe Unknown"comes from.

Not sure why a team improperly staffed can successfully play in a tournament, for starters, but also why a team with only 6 position players and only 5 pitchers can take a series to seven games!
I just ran into this as well in the Daily DEL Iron tournament. My first round opponent had a 7 player roster, and thus played with a bunch of Joe Unknowns. Oddly, mousing over them displayed player cards, some of which were bronze, and one a gold.

Tournament ID: 2370001
Team I saw the issue on: Tokyo Whalers
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #214
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Minor comment, don't know if others have said this already: I wish if you were in a tournament lobby, the "your tournament has ended! Check out the results!" notification is turned into a "there is a new simulation available" instead. Knowing the tournament is over takes all the suspense out of the final series.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #215
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I am 5 games into a the Quick Super Big Gold1 tourney and my bullpen has pitched only 1 inning.

My SP hook slider is actually 1 notch toward "quick" from the middle. Some of the starts have been "good" and most of these games have been blowouts so I can see leaving the starter in there. But, 1 IP by the bullpen after 5 games? One example that doesn't look quite right to me is Waite Hoyt's start...

89 Waite Hoyt (98 STAM) pitched 9 IP 10 H 4 ER 5 BB 3 K and 137 pitches in G2. To be fair, it was a 13-4 game.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #216
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
The worst part, for me, about these 128/64 tours is that they are advertised as quick but have 30 minute sims and the 128 ones can go for upwards of over 17-18 hours
Doesn't the "quick" just mean they start as soon as they're full rather than at a set time?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:23 AM   #217
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
My concern is the continued devaluation of collection missions. There are already too many barriers to collecting, and it is unfortunate that this is turning into a missed opportunity to help. More packs as rewards are helpful in a general sense, but packs are too random and unreliable to be of any help with completing our collections and our collection missions. Even with massive payouts across the entire community, the Bakers and Freehans of this game still have astronomically low odds of being pulled.

Sorry, but I find it odd that the number of Special Edition cards in game are increasing in a way that allows players to directly bypass a significant game feature that the dev team worked very hard on. It would make more sense to increase the number of SE cards in game by giving us more chances to earn those cards that will complete our collections. It is a shame that there is no synergy between collections and tournaments - they didn't have to exist separately, yet they do.
I am sorry, but I cannot follow this logic. The vast majority of tournaments pay out packs or PP. SE cards are paid out very rarely, and they are not always the same cards, so there is no devaluation whatsoever.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #218
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Doesn't the "quick" just mean they start as soon as they're full rather than at a set time?
Yes.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #219
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Minor comment, don't know if others have said this already: I wish if you were in a tournament lobby, the "your tournament has ended! Check out the results!" notification is turned into a "there is a new simulation available" instead. Knowing the tournament is over takes all the suspense out of the final series.
If you enable "hide scores" then the message is different
Old 11-13-2019, 04:25 AM   #220
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
This list is supposed to be sorted by type (asc). It looks unsorted to me. Better to sort alphabetically by title, IMHO. edit: or even by tournament ID would be better.
Sorting will be fixed in the next patch