Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Training Camp Development Reports

I feel like this should happen after preseason instead of at the start of preseason.

Not only is it more realistic but if this is moved to the end of the preseason, Try-Outs will get a chance for some rating boosts in theory. That small boost could be a deciding factor of me offering my young prospect an NHL contract or not.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

I disagree. Nobody anymore comes to camp and improves. If you're coming to camp expecting to get into shape or improve, you are already not making a team. Improvements are made in terms of learning tactics, line combinations and positioning. Moving that back is less effective.

A PTO player regardless isn't going to improve. It's more if they fit better than someone else. Same with a prospect. Even at that, if anyone is close, why do you not have them under contract anyway?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I disagree. Nobody anymore comes to camp and improves. If you're coming to camp expecting to get into shape or improve, you are already not making a team. Improvements are made in terms of learning tactics, line combinations and positioning. Moving that back is less effective.

A PTO player regardless isn't going to improve. It's more if they fit better than someone else. Same with a prospect. Even at that, if anyone is close, why do you not have them under contract anyway?
Does none of that fall under mental attributes?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Does none of that fall under mental attributes?
To a point I would guess, but not enough where it's going to have an impact on a player going into a training camp. Any player on a PTO would be stressed about not having a contract, so they would likely fall on the more negative aspects anyway.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
To a point I would guess, but not enough where it's going to have an impact on a player going into a training camp. Any player on a PTO would be stressed about not having a contract, so they would likely fall on the more negative aspects anyway.
For a veteran Try-out maybe but I would think that they would have something to prove instead of stressing.

I understand try outs aren’t separated into ATO (amateur) and PTO (professional) where ATO’s aren’t allowed to play in preseason. So young non contracted prospects can play in preseason in FHM. I personally wouldn’t play them that much (as I would also not play my starters a lot) to a avoid any injuries. So they wouldn’t really benefit from that call up.

When I say that a +1 bump somewhere (if he even gets one) could be a factor in me signing a prospect or not, I am not talking about a NHL ready guy. It could be someone that has a deadline coming up and I had no intentions of giving a contract to.

If there are plans for a more fleshed out training camp like EHM than this is a moot point anyway.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
For a veteran Try-out maybe but I would think that they would have something to prove instead of stressing.

I understand try outs aren’t separated into ATO (amateur) and PTO (professional) where ATO’s aren’t allowed to play in preseason. So young non contracted prospects can play in preseason in FHM. I personally wouldn’t play them that much (as I would also not play my starters a lot) to a avoid any injuries. So they wouldn’t really benefit from that call up.

When I say that a +1 bump somewhere (if he even gets one) could be a factor in me signing a prospect or not, I am not talking about a NHL ready guy. It could be someone that has a deadline coming up and I had no intentions of giving a contract to.

If there are plans for a more fleshed out training camp like EHM than this is a moot point anyway.
But those young players get those bump at the beginning of September when their camps open. You wouldn't really see anyone make strides enough in one area to jump a star level, and even if they did, they likely shouldn't be at the NHL Level anyways.

I can't really speak to what may come, but I'm not sure spending more time in development camps would necessitate things anyway. For instance I know someone asked about the possibility of inter-squad games, but honestly, even that is something that's quickly fading out of what's actually happening at camps. There's fewer and fewer of them occurring.

To me, a higher priority (and I'm not saying this is happening, nor even in the works) would be Rookie Camp orientation and hopefully having some of the smaller Rookie Tournaments - which may more directly link to what you're thinking.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:46 AM   #7
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I fully agree with Adam. Having summer camps for rookies would also be a huge thing, European teams are starting organizing them, but I also recognize that at this point the priority isn't very high as after all the progress is well-rendered by the way the game handles that.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:33 AM   #8
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Rookie camps makes sense within the context of the game. Would this possible be a preseason just for prospect in FHM? In that case I probably wouldn’t allow non contracted prospects to Try out during the NHL preseason since most of them guys only last about a week in training camp and can not play in the NHL preseason.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Rookie camps makes sense within the context of the game. Would this possible be a preseason just for prospect in FHM? In that case I probably wouldn’t allow non contracted prospects to Try out during the NHL preseason since most of them guys only last about a week in training camp and can not play in the NHL preseason.
IF and WHEN it was able to get in (again, no idea how hard to program it would be, but I'm going to guess it would take substantially planning and testing), I think you'd want to find a way to just have it limited to your draft picks with the possibility of adding someone - although that may become fairly complicated.