Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #21
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Welp, so far in the division with my father and I and oldtimer, the three of us are out to solid starts all with at least 10 wins through 19 games, oldtimer is currently on top but its close. Going by run differential though he should be WAY ahead so realistically I'm looking at a WC fight against my dad, which will be quite amusing.
Now whenever I see your name I think of Antonio Brown.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:35 PM   #22
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The two-time PL champion Frogs...hold on, allow me to adjust my monocle right quick...yes, the Frogs are in P423 this week. And I'm just loading up for the first time to see what this league looks like...

AC East: two-time PL champ Chicago Rampage, five-time PL champ Homestead Grays, and recent PL champ San Angelo Warbirds. That'll be a tough one.

AC Central: No PL titleholders.

AC West: two-time PL champ Frogs, two-time PL champ Fresno Losers, and the Belfast Dodgers (no titles of any kind for Belfast but 24 playoff berths and a .639 winning percentage). Challenge accepted.

There are no teams with any PL titles in the NC. How many PP do you think it would cost me to get Markus to swap my Frogs into the NC?

It looks like we'll have about 4 quality teams vying for 2 wild card spots in the AC.

The Frogs enter 2045 with almost exactly the same roster as last week. The only change is SE Pudge Rodriguez in for silver Tony Pena after I completed the Texas Rangers missions a bit ago.

We opened the season with a 12-game winning streak, but are just 14-5 now so the competition appears to have increased some.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
Singapore Sluggers in the house here. I have been silently reading JasonC23's after action reports these many past weeks (with much pleasure). I couldn't help suppress a big smile when I saw my new league this week. I am thrilled to say that my good buddies, the Huntley Red Raiders, are not only in my league again; they are also in my conference. And to top it off, they are again in my division! I'm looking forward to another year of our rivalry! Best of luck this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Wow, that's incredible! Hold on a second, I have to finish this email I just started writing, but I'll have more to say after that.

Dear Marcus: "Random" League Placement Setting my ass. What did I ever do to you?!? Yours, JasonC23

Now, where were we? Oh, right--thanks, and good luck to you too!

Just so you guys know, and I think I speak for a lot of others here, I'm going to need a lot more of this in my life this week.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 AM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

There is no room for error in our division. I am 18-4 and there, right behind me, is Orlando at 17-5. I play them for the first time tomorrow in a pair of three-game series at their neutral park. It will be good to see where we stand in a head-to-head battle. We have to be ready.

Luke Appling has a .626 OPS in 14 games. Jackie Robinson has a 1.091 OPS in 18 games. Robinson is now playing full-time again, at 2B vs. RHP and 1B vs. LHP. Appling is platooning with Brett. Want your job back? Play better.

Similarly, Oscar Charleston and Babe Ruth are seeing their playing time diminish while Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and Hank Aaron and playing more often. This is serious, people. We have no time for you to work on your stroke. When the other guy cools off, or IF he cools off, then we'll see.

We need to win every game to beat these guys. Fortunately, the pitchers still remember how to pitch and they are carrying us right now. Let's give them a little run support, ok?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:19 AM   #25
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Welp, so far in the division with my father and I and oldtimer, the three of us are out to solid starts all with at least 10 wins through 19 games, oldtimer is currently on top but its close. Going by run differential though he should be WAY ahead so realistically I'm looking at a WC fight against my dad, which will be quite amusing.

So your dad's team is the Florida Phoenix? We've been in the same league as both of you before, but I don't think it was at the same time. I do recall you being in the other conference back when the whale league had about 15 whales in it and your team won 10 games more than mine (we won only 77 that year - it was the 1st time we ever won less than 104 in perfect).

Don't you have another perfect level team? I thought I saw it before, but maybe I'm imagining things?

Well, good luck to you and your dad. I agree we got a lucky placement (easier division in the easier conference) so maybe 2 of us will make the playoffs? [The Trojans or Bulls should provide the other WC.]

Last edited by old timer; 09-24-2019 at 01:20 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:30 AM   #26
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The two-time PL champion Frogs...hold on, allow me to adjust my monocle right quick...yes, the Frogs are in P423 this week. And I'm just loading up for the first time to see what this league looks like...

AC East: two-time PL champ Chicago Rampage, five-time PL champ Homestead Grays, and recent PL champ San Angelo Warbirds. That'll be a tough one.

AC West: two-time PL champ Frogs, two-time PL champ Fresno Losers, and the Belfast Dodgers (no titles of any kind for Belfast but 24 playoff berths and a .639 winning percentage). Challenge accepted.

There are no teams with any PL titles in the NC. How many PP do you think it would cost me to get Markus to swap my Frogs into the NC?

It looks like we'll have about 4 quality teams vying for 2 wild card spots in the AC.

The Frogs enter 2045 with almost exactly the same roster as last week. The only change is SE Pudge Rodriguez in for silver Tony Pena after I completed the Texas Rangers missions a bit ago.

We opened the season with a 12-game winning streak, but are just 14-5 now so the competition appears to have increased some.

The Fresno Losers are tough. If they hadn't played with a bunch of whales for a while, they'd probably have a lot more titles. Oddly enough, they're the only whale we did well against back in that whale heavy league.

Beating those Losers will be tough, but I have faith in the fearsome frogs. Good luck!!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:40 AM   #27
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We finished April with a 19-7 record and the best RDiff at +83. The last time we were in a tough league, our offense wasn't this strong so I'm hoping we can be more competitive when we play the best teams now.

The offense is rolling along, leading the entire league with 162 R and a .300 AVG. Unfortunately, Willie Mays is not helping out at all up to this point. He's hitting a pathetic .143 (41 OPS+). In spite of that, I'm not ready to bench him. On the other hand, Boudreau and Lava are hot again like they were in the post-season and both Robinson and Seymour are hitting really well too. So I could play Seymour in RF and move Suzuki to CF in place of Mays. That's what I'll do if Mays doesn't kick it into gear soon.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:50 AM   #28
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Fresno Losers are tough. If they hadn't played with a bunch of whales for a while, they'd probably have a lot more titles. Oddly enough, they're the only whale we did well against back in that whale heavy league.

Beating those Losers will be tough, but I have faith in the fearsome frogs. Good luck!!
Yeah, they seem tough. We've played a 3-game set at their place and they took 2/3, but only outscored 13-10. Seems like we could be in for a real battle although they clearly have the better roster by a couple million PP. My only remedy is to out-strategy them and get a little lucky.

Their pitching staff is your standard fare top whale stuff with Walter/Cy/Walsh/Pedro/Schilling. They're missing perfect Eck in the bullpen but have the other standard guys. Lineup is a real murderer's row (Boggs, Brett, Gibson, Williams, Joe D, Honus, Griffey, Ozzie). The first time I've seen a team playing that new-ish 100 Elmer Flick card. Seems to be working out--that card is putting up 7 WAR per 162.

But, the Frogs just snagged a stat-free copy of John Henry Lloyd, so those Losers better watch their step!

Old 09-24-2019, 04:19 AM   #29
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes had an up and down month, going 14-13, not helped by players training at new positions, Colavito being ice cold and the starters underperfroming for the most part, on the other hand these were pretty nice

Bad News Bulldogs went 9-16 with a 9 game losing streak, 2 series against the 2 time PL champs Kowloon Giants didn't help, and we have 6 more games against them in the next month. We are the definition of a good diamond team that isn't good enough for perfect league

Neuman Furshlugginers are 15-11, nothing really outstanding, some players are doing ok, some aren't

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:53 AM   #30
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Dixie Walker had some crazy good performances for my team in April. One game he had 5 walks in 5 PAs and in another one he went 6 for 6 with a walk. Keep it up, dude

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #31
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
So your dad's team is the Florida Phoenix? We've been in the same league as both of you before, but I don't think it was at the same time. I do recall you being in the other conference back when the whale league had about 15 whales in it and your team won 10 games more than mine (we won only 77 that year - it was the 1st time we ever won less than 104 in perfect).

Don't you have another perfect level team? I thought I saw it before, but maybe I'm imagining things?

Well, good luck to you and your dad. I agree we got a lucky placement (easier division in the easier conference) so maybe 2 of us will make the playoffs? [The Trojans or Bulls should provide the other WC.]
Yep, the Phoenix. We got demoted a season or two ago back to Diamond with our other team that we joint manage, its our f2p team (see sig). Although we should be back up this season if we keep playing as we've started. I'm not optimistic about us grabbing a WC, but it is possible. USC/Buffalo plus Saint Louis/Susquehanna are probably all locks but we can hope!
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #32
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

After a 0-5 start the Warbirds are now 19-8 and first place in the tough AC East. Going to be a grind all year again in the AC as the Frogs have pointed out.

Had absolutely tremendous pack luck over the last week and a half that has allowed me to add SE Smoltz (AH) and Lee Smith for this years squad to replace Gooden and Gagne. Packs have slowed considerably but over the long haul have been pretty generous to me.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #33
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I drew the short straw this week and am in an 18-team league with its boring schedule: endless 3 game sets in perfect rotation with the rest of the conference. I don't know why the developers can't be bothered to use a decent, unbalanced schedule for these short leagues. They do it for 16 and 24 team leagues.

Team-wise the big news is the departure of Lou Boudreau (100). He failed to impress with the bat in 1/2 season of play last week, and was off to an even more depressing 1 for 23 start this week and at .043 batting average was the only starter below .300. Boudreau (88) hits better and fields better, yeah, I know small sample size and all that, but with the 500K net profit he went for, maybe I can figure out a way to beat the Singapores of the game with some upgrades in other areas. I think its funny that in 6 months of play I had earned 150K profit in buying and selling players and in 1 transaction tripled that total. I think there might be lesson there.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:18 AM   #34
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Never a bad thing...

After a long, hard day, it's never a bad thing to fire up OOTP XX Perfect Team 2.0 and be greeted with this...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #35
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

What's the P411?

After 2 months, the P411 AC is as top-heavy as predicted. The top 4 teams by run differential are as follows:

1. Huntley Red Raiders, +158
t-2. Bludhaven Robins, +152
t-2. Pine Tar Pirates, +152
4. Singapore Sluggers, +140

Only 3 other AC teams are even in the green: the Vice City Vandals (+13), Vlad News Bears (+6), and Routine Fly Balls (+3).

The NC is not much different; the Seattle Tempest are at +145 and the Brooklyn Blasters are at +133, with no one else better than +37.

As for the Red Raiders, Rube Marquard and Don Sutton have ERAs of 1.95 and 1.97, respectively; there is, of course, a lot of luck built into those, but Marquard also has a FIP of 2.11, so he's not outperforming his peripherals by much. On the offensive side, Luke Appling currently has the longest hitting streak in the AC this season at 22 games, but Lou Gehrig is the lineup stud so far; after leading the league in homers in 2043, he had a bit of a down year last year but has bounced back in a big way in the first third of 2045, with a .308/.408/.484 triple slash line.

Oh, and Huntley is currently 5-2 versus the Singapore Sluggers. Just in case anyone was interested. The teams go head-to-head 6 times in June, so it will be interesting to see if the Red Raiders can keep it up...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:39 AM   #36
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs (37-16, +76) are maintaining a very slim lead over both the Belfast Dodgers (37-18, +67) and the Fresno Losers (37-19, +117) in the AC West. The division has developed into the 3-horse race predicted in the preseason.

The Chicago Rampage (39-13, +189) have the best overall record in P423, although nobody is running away with anything at this point. The AC Central looks to be especially sad with all 5 teams under .500 and the division leader having a 23-29 record.

The 5-time PL champ Homestead Grays have been hard to figure. They are only 29-25 (+75) and 11 games back of the Rampage in the AC East. The Grays won 4 of their PL titles in the previous 5 seasons with one super oddball 63-99 season sandwiched in the middle. Maybe they went into the whale league that one season or were trying to get relegated--hard to say, but it's a solid team with the best Negro League players PP can buy.

The June schedule is going to be absolute murder for the Frogs. Just kicked off a 4-game set against Fresno, then a quickie 2-game set @ Belfast sandwiched between 7 games against the Chicago Rampage. And then 7 games against the San Angelo Warbirds (35-19, +66). By my count, that's 20 really challenging games in the month of June. Measuring stick time.

Team MVPs for the Frogs so far include Ed Walsh (8-0, 2.58 ERA, 2.47 FIP, on his standard 9-WAR pace), super Ichiro (.355/.379/.472), and SE Vida Blue (34 IP, 5 SV, 0.79 ERA, 1.77 FIP). Looks like I finally dialed in strategy settings for both Ichiro and Lenny Dykstra--Nails is once again hitting this season. Also, newcomer John Henry Lloyd has been pretty good (.314/.352/.451). This manager is stoked to have finally grabbed a MINT copy of Lloyd after maybe 3 or 4 attempts. He replaces gold Frankie Frisch as the primary 2B.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #37
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes somehow improved to 29-25 despite mediocre offence, poor defence and decent pitching being dragged down by the defence. On the plus side Garciaparra is now a decently rated 1b and Trammell has reached 51 at 2b. Rocky Colavito has put a slow start behind him to hit 10HR and a 132 OPS+. The main area of concern is Erstad after 2 good seasons in Perfect suddenly forgetting what an extra base hit is, his .619 OPS certainly won't cut it at this level, and he'll soon lose his spot to Cool Papa is he doesn't get hot. Brought in Kluber and Severino to try and shore up the bullpen which is creaking, Greinke at closer has been stellar though, 12 saves 0.64ERA

Bad News Bulldogs continue their cameo in Perfect and will undoubtedly be back in Diamond soon.

Neuman Furshlugginers continue to bubble along at 30-22, the two lefty starters Wilbur Wood and Buehrle both have 7 wins, Smokey Joe Williams has 15 saves with a 0.65 ERA. Will Clark is hitting really well again (.323/.389/.500) and Ryne Sandberg with his weird pro righty splits is doing really well for a player brought in for defence, our problem is not hitting for a lot of power, we really need a lefty RF who has some pop, but funds are tight

Edit I signed up for Origin Access Premier a few days ago and relized that gives me another license, a new team enters the arena... oh dear this is getting out of hand

Last edited by Marleigh; 09-25-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Oh, and Huntley is currently 5-2 versus the Singapore Sluggers. Just in case anyone was interested.
Yes, we are interested.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #39
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes, we are interested.
Honestly, I'm more interested in this than I am in my own weirdo 20 team league.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels ended the day at 40-12, trailing Orlando by 2.5 games after splitting our 6 games at their park in May. We will play a four-game series at home with them this morning.

We are just not hitting this year, but fortunately our pitching is keeping us in the race. Last night, we won a game with only two hits as Pedro & Lee Smith combined on a shutout. We are #1 in runs allowed but only sixth in runs scored. We are 10th in home runs, which is very unusual.

George Brett is leading the league at .395, so I guess he didn't get the memo about taking this year off. Or I should say he WOULD be leading the league if he qualified. He is in a strict platoon and we have seen 19 LH starters in our 52 games. I thought the platooning would be a good strategy when I scouted this league and saw so many left-centric teams. So far, it hasn't helped - or maybe it has and I would have been scoreless without it.

I have seen this before, and typically my teams come back to the mean by the end of the year. SO.. I am looking forward to a strong second half where I run down and crush the Calrissians on my way to a 5th PL title.