Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 01-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #41
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I'll definitely look at it, but the download link doesn't work
IT should be updated now - I just checked it out. The perils of posting while traveling.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #42
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
IT should be updated now - I just checked it out. The perils of posting while traveling.
Argh. Cant open in with version 16 of sketchup. I'm reluctant to upgrade
Old 01-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #43
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Argh. Cant open in with version 16 of sketchup. I'm reluctant to upgrade
I uploaded the model to the 3d Warehouse - If you search for Stade Canac (look for the one that says Chris and Dana Nielson) and download it I think you would be able to edit it. Let me know if that option works.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #44
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I'm able to download that from the warehouse. Looking at the model, you are presenting the "backs" of a lot of the faces. Most of the time it doesn't matter, but it does for things like scoreboards, ads, and such. It also affects crowds, but only if you're going to do 3D crowds.

It's pretty easy in SketchUp to see what face is presented. Just go to the View menu, choose Face Style and then Monochrome. White is the "front" of the face, and gray is the "back". Here's how Stade Canac looks:

So you can see the scoreboards are reversed - all you should have to do is reverse those faces and you should be good to go.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #45
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
I uploaded the model to the 3d Warehouse - If you search for Stade Canac (look for the one that says Chris and Dana Nielson) and download it I think you would be able to edit it. Let me know if that option works.
Thanks,

I checked it out. IT is what I thought.

If you go to VIEW -> FACE STYLE -> Monochrome, you will see all of the faces and what direction they are facing. I generally have a rule to have most faces with the white side facing. If you have the dark side facing, as your model does for the scoreboard textures, you will get the reverse of the white side in OOTP no matter how it looks in sketchup. Just flip those faces and move the textures to center them, and re-export.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:55 AM   #46
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Thanks gentlemen! I made the adjustment to the Stade Canac file and will probably work my way back through the rest of my files. I really appreciate the help. Here's an updated picture - I loaded the new model into the google drive link above:

Old 01-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #47
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Updates on the Google Drive Folders

Thanks to Silvam and eriqjaffe's feedback (and a day off of of work after a busy stretch recently) I spent some time today going back through the models I made and adjusted them accordingly.

I also added template files to all of the ribbons, scoreboards, and logos in the stadiums (except for one in Charlotte - couldn't figure out how to make the BB&T logo stay put on top of the scoreboard.) You should be able to open the template files in GIMP, change the template or create your own file, and overwrite the .png or .jpeg file in the texture folder.

Thank you everyone for your feedback - it's been incredibly helpful in this process.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #48
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Autozone Park - Memphis, TN

Autozone Park is a pretty beautiful park placed in the midst of downtown Memphis. I tried to create a bit of surrounding skyline, but because the stadium is kind of compact the camera angle doesn't end up showing it.

Otherwise, this is a relatively hitter friendly park - it's a bit smaller than average, which helps with home runs.

New zip file can be found here

Original Zip File can be found here

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:32 AM   #49
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

ONEOK Field - Tulsa, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
Tulsa
I'll mix in some of your missing stadiums with a few others I have in mind over the next few weeks, but here is your Tulsa Stadium, based on the ONEOK Field in Tulsa.

It plays a little pitcher friendly, but because it's smaller it also allows a few more home runs.

Original Zip file can be found here

Night

Day

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #50
drksd4848
All Star Starter

I love how you did the concrete textures here. Looks really sharp with lots of detail.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:52 AM   #51
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Salt Lake City, UT - Smith's Ballpark

The latest in this little project is Smith's Ballpark in Salt Lake City. It claims to have the best backdrop in baseball, and after looking at pictures for the last day, I kinda have to agree.

The park is at over 4000 feet and a little small, so it plays like Coors Field. It's particularly generous to left handed batters.

ZIP File can be found here

Day

Night

Also, thanks to eriqjaffe for letting me use his scoreboard in right field. I think it added the right pop to the model.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:19 AM   #52
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert View Post
Hartford and Dunkin' Donuts Park would be great. It was voted top park in AA after it's inaugural season in 2017, it's got a couple of cool features with the short RF porch.
A little bit later, but here is Dunkin Donuts Park. It's a pretty beautiful stadium with an interesting history - apparently the original contractors were fired after the park opened a year late, and it almost didn't come to pass. I'm glad it did though - it looks pretty great.

The stadium is also on a pretty narrow block, so I spent a lot of time on Clem's looking at Baker Bowl/Shibe Park for inspiration, including the double decker outfield bleachers.

The park plays hitter friendly, particularly because it is so small, and is pretty home run friendly.

Original zip file can be found here

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #53
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Thanks for Dunkin Donuts Park. I live 20 miles from Hartford. Now Chompers and Chew Chew (the mascots) have a place in the OOTP world.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #54
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Hmm... Speaking of New England minor league ballparks... or at least concept ballparks... Just throwing it out there.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by drksd4848; 01-07-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 AM   #55
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Boise Cascade Ballpark - Boise, ID

This one is actually based off of some concepts for a new minor league park in Boise. I took a few liberties with the structure of the park, but kept the field shape and location.

The park is at elevation, so it plays pretty hitter friendly, especially for left handed batters.

Original File can be found here

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #56
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Outstanding work as always. Everybody. You, Silvam, EriqJaffe, anyone else I forgot. It makes the game so much more enjoyable
Old 01-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #57
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Durham Athletic Park - Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post

Raleigh/Durham
Here's Durham Athletic Park, home of the Durham Bulls. It's technically based on Durham Bulls Athletic Park (turns out they are two separate stadiums), but you know, making things more neutral and all that. The stadium is situated in a mixed use area, which I tried to reflect in the surrounding buildings.

The park plays slightly hitter friendly, particularly with the short walls (only 305 to left, but with a 32 foot barrier there.) In general it is more friendly to righties than lefties.

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #58
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Outstanding work as always. Everybody. You, Silvam, EriqJaffe, anyone else I forgot. It makes the game so much more enjoyable
Thanks! It's a lot of fun for me - I've always been a bit of a ballpark nerd, so it's fun to create stadiums and parks that I (and others) can use. Thank you for your feedback and encouragement in the process.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #59
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Shaw Park - Winnipeg, MB

Jparker2112 gave me some help in identifying Canadian cities that could use parks, so I'll be mixing them into this process as we go. This one is from Winnipeg - Shaw Park. It's a traditional quarter circle outfield on a pretty narrow block, so I changed the right field side (making it more open air.)

The field plays pretty neutral, with the usual Canadian depression of home runs and extra base hits.

Daytime

Nighttime

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #60
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for these!
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote