Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #21
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I'm really hoping FHM4 has online leagues,and perhaps even the ability to import our FHM2 league that we kept playing for this past year.

You'll easily have 32 more sales, right there!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #22
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Is there an rough estimate when we get the official announcement of FHM 4 with infos about the features?

I was (again) very underwhelmed by EA's yearly NHL title. Maybe you can make up for it with a great announcement...
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #23
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Is there an rough estimate when we get the official announcement of FHM 4 with infos about the features?

I was (again) very underwhelmed by EA's yearly NHL title. Maybe you can make up for it with a great announcement...
We will start to talk about FHM 4 a few weeks before release, so a rough estimate for the first infos should be Mid-August.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #24
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

hi,

will the trade/contracts engine get updated?

specially NTC, NMC and will there be a limited NTC

would love to see players submit x amount of teams they won't/will accept a trade to.

in FHM3 i can trade for/away any player with a NMC, it would be cool to see some players reject the trade based on the clause in his contract
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk43 View Post
in FHM3 i can trade for/away any player with a NMC, it would be cool to see some players reject the trade based on the clause in his contract
Player with a NMC should already decline possible trades to specific teams. If you don´t see this, it looks like a bug we need to look into.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 AM   #26
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Player with a NMC should already decline possible trades to specific teams. If you don´t see this, it looks like a bug we need to look into.
must be striking lucky with the teams i trade them to
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #27
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Fhm 4

I have been playing hockey simulators for over 20 years going back to HLS2. I am still utterly disappointed with FHM1,2,3 and wish I wouldn't have spent my money on the product. The game simulates ridiculously slow, the trade engine is unrealistic and does not reflect the tendencies of the current NHL, and is bare bones for trading features. There should be the shop a player around feature like in OOTP baseball. There should be the option to input what you are looking for in return be it prospects, draft picks, combination. There should be trades at the draft and teams making draft pick offers at the draft. Going back to the simulator engine, it runs way too slow and I am not interested in excuses such as there being so many features. If that is the case, then offer a dummied option so people who just want to make trades and be a GM not have to concern themselves with in depth simulation of the AHL. I seriously hope they do a huge revamp of those two issues otherwise I am going to save my money and not invest.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

I just hope there aren't too many new features added, but a select few that are done properly. Adding too much at once leads to a...well, FHM 3, which I couldn't bring myself around to REALLY like at any point of the ~70 hours I spent playing (still more than with most games).

Will I spend my money on FHM 4 then? Sure. From the first game on, I've felt the game has loads of potential. I won't feel bad throwing a few €s at a developer who actually listens to their playerbase and seems to be actually set on making the best game possible, not just a yearly money grab.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #29
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It would be interesting to know what exactly you didn't like about FHM 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
I just hope there aren't too many new features added, but a select few that are done properly. Adding too much at once leads to a...well, FHM 3, which I couldn't bring myself around to REALLY like at any point of the ~70 hours I spent playing (still more than with most games).

Will I spend my money on FHM 4 then? Sure. From the first game on, I've felt the game has loads of potential. I won't feel bad throwing a few €s at a developer who actually listens to their playerbase and seems to be actually set on making the best game possible, not just a yearly money grab.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #30
SCampo98
Bat Boy

Quote:
Either that or it would be interesting if the player in question was like some of the players today, with a list of teams he would be willing to waive his NMC for. That would be super cool and ultra realistic.
SCampo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #31
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

I would love if *all* leagues were playable from the Leagues of the World list, or at least if the number of available leagues was dramatically increased. It would be great to be able to play leagues in Poland, Denmark, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, and the Netherlands.
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #32
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

We could make any league playable (that is just a setting) but IMO a league should at least be close to realistic regarding structure, schedule, playoffs and rules, otherwise it is just a fictional league with e.g. the name of the Danish league. Why, for example, would I play in Austria, when the split schedule is not there?

But without going into detail: FHM 4 will have a few more playable leagues to play in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alien View Post
I would love if *all* leagues were playable from the Leagues of the World list, or at least if the number of available leagues was dramatically increased. It would be great to be able to play leagues in Poland, Denmark, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, and the Netherlands.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #33
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

I've been meaning to come up with some things I'd like to see improved upon, but one just popped back into my head and I figured I should share it before it's forgotten again :P

I'd like to see the Awards handed out redesigned. Right now the season ends and they just announce all the award winners. I'd like to see something more like real life, where there are 3 nominees announced and then the winner is decided a few weeks later.

Being able to vote on the awards would probably be a nice addition as well.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #34
bdvorak11
Bat Boy

I am in my 6th season on PTG with Tampa. I am really enjoying the game and look forward to future releases.

Wish List:
* When the season ends and the new season starts, the strategy section stays filled in as you left it.
* When you manage an International Team (like the Winter Olympics), have the option to auto fill the lines instead of doing them manually.
* As mentioned by someone above, adding a "make this trade work now" option like OOTP baseball.

Also, is there a "records" page for NHL teams? Like most points in a game, most assists in a season, etc.

Great game.....thanks again !!
bdvorak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #35
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First off, as an aspiring GM, I thoroughly love this game. It is so unbelievably in depth. I had a couple of suggestions, though.

1) As you get deeper into a career, player salaries escalate quickly, while the salary cap stays the same. I attribute this to the fact that the new star system that was updated from FHM2 now designates someone with a minimum of 1.5 stars as a regular NHLer, but a majority of the players that are drafted by the user will reach a minimum of 2.5. This causes morale issues for some players, and inflates their asking prices for new contracts without any production to use as leverage.

2) Love for the option to run international teams to migrate into Sandbox mode, I love being able to in Path to Glory, but I wish it was accessible in Sandbox mode as well.

3) I'd love to see the option to send eligible players back to junior for their overage year if the team does not already have the maximum number of overagers playing. In that same vein, it would be really cool if you had the option to loan a player to a team in an international league that owns their rights rather than just demoting them. That way, you can sign them, but not force them into the AHL or ECHL too quickly. For example, if you draft a Swedish player, and a CHL team does not own their rights, but you wanted to sign them, you could, and then choose to loan them to the SHL team that owns their rights. Similarly, the AHL and ECHL have policies that allow players to be loaned to different teams. Players on ECHL contracts can be loaned to any AHL team for a certain period of time, and AHL players can be loaned to other AHL teams. Could add another layer of management for those leagues.

4) Finally, I was hoping to see the ability to run an NCAA team show up soon. I realize it would be significantly different than the existing leagues that you have the ability to play, but I also believe that it is the fact that it is so different that will make it such an intriguing option to add.

I hope some of these eventually end up in the game!
fashett_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #36
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
We could make any league playable (that is just a setting) but IMO a league should at least be close to realistic regarding structure, schedule, playoffs and rules, otherwise it is just a fictional league with e.g. the name of the Danish league. Why, for example, would I play in Austria, when the split schedule is not there?

But without going into detail: FHM 4 will have a few more playable leagues to play in.
I'm not really sure what you mean with your comments: Polska Hokej Liga, BeNeLiga, Metal Ligaen, MOL Liga, Erste Bank Eishockey Liga, the Alps Hockey League, DEL2, Oberliga, National League B, and plenty of others are all "realistic" (???) leagues with a "structure, schedule, playoffs, and rules". I follow all of these leagues closely and they compete every year.

I also don't get what you mean by "split schedule"; I was just suggesting that FHM 4 include a bunch of European leagues that exist and are nominally in the game already to be playable.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #37
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you mean with your comments: Polska Hokej Liga, BeNeLiga, Metal Ligaen, MOL Liga, Erste Bank Eishockey Liga, the Alps Hockey League, DEL2, Oberliga, National League B, and plenty of others are all "realistic" (???) leagues with a "structure, schedule, playoffs, and rules". I follow all of these leagues closely and they compete every year.

I also don't get what you mean by "split schedule"; I was just suggesting that FHM 4 include a bunch of European leagues that exist and are nominally in the game already to be playable.
What I meant is: it makes only sense to make more leagues playable in FHM when we do it with real (or at least close to real) league structures, schedules, rules and PO systems. Otherwise it would just be a fictional league. For example: to have the Austrian league playable the game needs to have a system for a split schedule (they divide the league into two groups after a number of games during the regular season and continue to play in this groups until the PO´s).
Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #38
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
What I meant is: it makes only sense to make more leagues playable in FHM when we do it with real (or at least close to real) league structures, schedules, rules and PO systems. Otherwise it would just be a fictional league. For example: to have the Austrian league playable the game needs to have a system for a split schedule (they divide the league into two groups after a number of games during the regular season and continue to play in this groups until the PO´s).
Okay, but that's only one example of a schedule oddity. Most European hockey leagues don't split the season for playoff ranking/qualification like that, and they all have league structures, scheduling regulations, rules, and playoff systems that are transparent enough to plug into the game. The amount of playable European leagues is definitely the biggest downfall of FHM.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #39
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Okay, but that's only one example of a schedule oddity. Most European hockey leagues don't split the season for playoff ranking/qualification like that, and they all have league structures, scheduling regulations, rules, and playoff systems that are transparent enough to plug into the game. The amount of playable European leagues is definitely the biggest downfall of FHM.
As I said: we will add more (European) playable leagues to FHM 4. I just want to say that it takes a lot of work to do it right (we need someone to do the teams, player, records, ...), most of the time we need to code some rules/structure/PO oddities and so on.

And IMO we already cover the most important leagues in FHM, not only in NA but also Europe.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #40
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
As I said: we will add more (European) playable leagues to FHM 4. I just want to say that it takes a lot of work to do it right (we need someone to do the teams, player, records, ...), most of the time we need to code some rules/structure/PO oddities and so on.

And IMO we already cover the most important leagues in FHM, not only in NA but also Europe.
Totally agree with Sebastian here. My friend Matt and I tried to build the Slovakian league to make it playable and it is a big undertaking to make that happen. Between us we created hundreds of players, attempted to rate those players, added staff, added league and team records but there was still loads to do and still is to be honest.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 07-11-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote