Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #1
orbops
Minors (Single A)

Tie breaker season ending game called due to rain???

This is pretty annoying, the regular season simulation ended with the Marlins and Dodgers tied for the final wild card spot and the tie-breaker game 163 gets called in the 6th inning due to rain??? Come on, there's no way a game 163 tie-breaker game would ever get called. As a Dodger fan, it just pisses me off...

Has anyone ever seen this happen in their games?
orbops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

1977 NLCS Game Four was thought to have been in conditions that would normally be unplayable. And official discussion occurred throughout the game on possibly calling or postponing it.

At any rate, postseason games have been stopped by rain before, and a tiebreaker game would be treated the same.

As for your game, think of it as monsoon conditions where there was no choice but to stop play...

So what happened in your game? Did OOTP handle the postponement/rescheduling ok?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #3
orbops
Minors (Single A)

OOTP handled the tie-breaker as ending in the 6th inning with the Marlins ahead, so they went to the playoffs and the Dodgers were left out. The game was at Dodger Stadium, so the idea of severe rain in early October is highly unlikely.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbops View Post
OOTP handled the tie-breaker as ending in the 6th inning with the Marlins ahead, so they went to the playoffs and the Dodgers were left out. The game was at Dodger Stadium, so the idea of severe rain in early October is highly unlikely.
The first game of the 1982 NLCS was stopped two outs before it became official, and was then officially called off some two-and-a-half hours later, and according to articles at the time, it was certainly a possibility that had the rain come two outs later, the game would have still been called, with Atlanta being declared the winner. So there is certainly precedence, sort of, for what happened in your game.

What makes your situation somewhat unrealistic is that this occurred in Los Angeles. Had something like that occurred in real life, I'm thinking they would've delayed the game as long as possible to get those 9 innings in, and actually getting those 9 innings in would've highly likely, given that even a rare heavy SoCal rainstorm wouldn't typically last very long. In other words, the worst-case scenario would've been a delay of a a couple hours and then the game would've been finished in a light drizzle.

So ya, I can see how that was pretty irritating. I would've CTL-ALT-DEL'd and started that day over
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:46 AM   #5
orbops
Minors (Single A)

I even looked at historical rain levels for early October in LA, and in all the records, there were no heavy rains in early October.

I wish OOTP would model weather a little more realistically.