Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 06:27 PM   #21
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Another thing that in my opinion would be interested to hear is how will those who use fictional fighters set up their universes.
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:14 AM   #22
PyroFalkon
Minors (Triple A)

I'd like to my two cents into this thread.

First of all, the overall rating calculation is PARTLY based on the fighter's RECENT FIGHTS. So if a fighter is given a rating of 5, and he fights 20 bouts and loses them all, and you recalculate, his overall rating will drop. I don't remember where I read that -- either in the manual or somewhere on this board -- but I think that's what happening.

I normally don't have to hit Calc twice. I just don't hit Calc at all the first time through. Make him "unrated," hit save, THEN hit Calc, and save again. That seems to not change until he starts actually fighting.

I currently have 41 fighters in my universe. 33 are HWs, and 8 are SMWs. The SMWs are about to have a tournament to determine the champ, although considering the ratings, the winner is probably a forgone conclusion.

All my fighters were generated through my TBCB RFG program. Is anyone here actually using it to make your fictional fighters that you're posting, or are you just making them manually?

Thanks for any replies!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #23
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Pyro, my understanding of the overall rating is that it is a single number that represents all the numbers on the ratings screen. If a fighter losses 100 fights in a row, his overall rating will not change when you hit the calc. button
it will only change if you change some of the individual ratings such as punches landed,HP,KD1....

Sal
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #24
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFalkon
I'd like to my two cents into this thread.

First of all, the overall rating calculation is PARTLY based on the fighter's RECENT FIGHTS. So if a fighter is given a rating of 5, and he fights 20 bouts and loses them all, and you recalculate, his overall rating will drop. I don't remember where I read that -- either in the manual or somewhere on this board -- but I think that's what happening.
Again, what I am seeing is that if you sim a number of fights to test a created fighter, and DO NOT update the fighter's record or save the results in any way, the fighter's overall rating will STILL sometimes change if you press "calc" after you do your test simming.

I have seen this a number of times. So, I think the only overall rating number that is really valid is the one you get after you finish testing the fighter.

Of course, once a user DLs a fighter and begins using him, his rating number may also change...
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #25
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFalkon

All my fighters were generated through my TBCB RFG program. Is anyone here actually using it to make your fictional fighters that you're posting, or are you just making them manually?

Thanks for any replies!
All of the fighters I have created so far have done from scratch without using the RFG program. I'm awaiting it to reach a bit more developed style -don't like the old dos style - and then, the results that the different tests with the program I have ran had given me haven't been completley positive. It's almost equally probable -random numbers- to get a fighter rated 1, than a fighter rated 6, and I'm more biased in the fictional creation to the low ranking ones. Then, have seen some other "rather strange" numbers created in attributes such as clinching -values real low- or punching and counter-punching -not being related to each other at all-. but then, the effort is really apreciated and it will surely improve much more.
Thanks for the job and please, keep on with it
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote