Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Requests for Cirriddiquan Kingdom Union and related subleague logos

Folks, if you could help me out here with a few more logos here, I'd be most appreciative here. I will probably not need these at least until I get to the All-Star Break for the Slaabovian Republic League's first season, but I will likely need them sometime around that time, if not a bit later.

Part of this post is excerpted from post two of the main request thread for items related to this dynasty. While the rest likely will not be.

The excerpted part is as follows:

Main colors for the overall league logo should be purple, gold, brown, and green, if not also orange. As for the logos/caps/uniforms for both divisions/subleagues, base them on the main colors for the applicable teams in them, please, as best as possible.

The look of the Dovatha Division's text for its logo or logos should be more artistic or literature-like in nature, while the one or ones for the Wufazevir Division should be more royal, noble, or imperial-looking, I think. I'm not sure what would be best for imagery for any or all of the above logos at the moment, but text-wise, at least, the above should be true for each logo mentioned above, if made, and if possible.

The overall league logo should blend the two looks together, as best as possible, as well, of course, but still have a mostly royal-type look to it, given the name of the league.

Here is the part that is not excerpted from the referenced post. Instead of the listed colors in that post for the teams in the CKU, please use the colors used for the current looks of the related team sets in the related threads to said teams, when you do the related logos/caps/uniforms for the respective subleagues, as you see fit.

Please keep them as close as you each can to looks roughly appropriate for the 1901 to 1915 or 1920 timeframe, as well, preferably in non-circular and non-square formats. I prefer non-square and non-circular logos whenever possible, but will take logos in them, if needed and desired, of course.

Thanks to all who may be willing to try and help me here. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I could probably make this league logo also, but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. If you could try rephrasing it I'll do my best.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Can you please be more specific in what you do not understand? Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
chey
Minors (Triple A)

With the SRL you gave me specific instructions for the logo (golden sun, words and date needed) -- could you do that for the CKU as well? It may be here and I'm just not catching on, but I'd appreciate having it spelled out.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, while I try to find a good way to be more specific here, chey, you may perhaps want to look through this thread here, at the very least. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=292101. I'll add more links to other related threads once I find them.

I was trying to give any potential designers at least a bit more design freedom here for the CKU if I could. But please let me try and see if I can be more specific in a little bit here. Please give me at least a day or two, and I'll try to figure out better what I mean here. Fair enough? CD out.

P.S. More links below:

Folliston Cupids

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298858

Willson Athletics

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298940

Rocíoton Camels

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298974

Bublitz City Squires

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298986

Lima Llamas

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298995

St. Peter Hearts

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299038

Hope all those links help. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-27-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added links, and basic related information.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

If anyone can help me here, perhaps something like a dark-haired 16th Century AD farmboy's head between the ends of a baseball bat and a long sword might work here. A ball with a gold sun-like corona should be below the head, and the logo should say Dovatha Division somewhere on it, if possible, please.

For the Wufazevir Division Logo, think something more along the lines of royalty or nobility or imperial-type things, as best as you can. Maybe something with crowns or other things along those lines, including maybe a brown or black-haired 16th Century AD Princess's head, for example? And also, you will want to include the necessary text on it, along with a ball surrounded by the same kind of sun-like corona as the one for the Dovatha Division, for sure, of course.

Both people's skins should be fairly light-colored, but not overly so, as well. The rest of the logos' design characteristics for both subleagues' logos will be up to anyone who tries to help me with them here, as much as possible. IF you have any questions, please feel free to ask, in reference to those subleagues' logos.

As for the overall league logo or logos, as already stated, the look or looks of it or them should each try to merge the necessary things together as best as possible, if at all possible. Thanks. CD out.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #7
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for your potential interest here, chey. If you can help me out here more, great. If not, so be it. In any case, thanks for your help so far with my project. It is certainly much appreciated by me, just so you know.

I do not expect to need these particular logos until at least the All-Star Break this year in real time. But we'll have to see about that, of course. I have plenty of other things I'll likely need to work on outside of OOTP in the meantime, including a number of my writing projects, whether they're original fiction or fan fiction or of some other kind, folks. So you'll not likely need to hurry here. For I don't expect to simulate or autoplay a lot of games between now and then, in truth. That should allow anyone and everyone here to take their time and all with such things here.

Thanks in advance to anyone else who can possibly help me out here, even if it's only a little bit, either for the first time, or again, for sure, folks. CD out.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bumping, because it seems nobody's yet done any more work related to this sort of thing here, even in the planning stages, at least. Please let me know if you might be interested in helping me out here at least a bit, folks. Thanks. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:44 AM   #9
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Yeah, nobody wants to do your work for you.

CD, man, jersey sets are a breeze to do with the creators out there.
I did all of my HS feeder teams with them, and they look OK right?

Dude, all honesty, no excuses, you need to get up of your dead horse and star producing your uniform concepts...

Start getting some feedback, and earn that OOTP HOF status based on substance, not blowhard request posts.

I feel you have some intricate skills that are idly loafing around, you feel that they are needing to be unleashed, yet you have some sort of hesitation to release the skills you possess.

I have a dream...The day when CD creates his own unique contributions and posts them for the OOTP community and doesn't consistently post windbag requests of contributions that no one cares to fulfill!
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #10
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have posted things before, see Missouri Gatekeepers, for example. Granted, it's not much, probably, but at least it's something. And I have suggested locations for teams, and team names that people could use, as well, among other things I've done here. I do not loaf around here, either. However, I often do not feel that I can do sufficient enough justice to certain items to make them myself, for various reasons. Not everyone can be a great visual artist type person, you know.

I don't generally start things, if I can avoid doing so, if I don't feel I can do them well enough in the first place, or at least I try not to do so, anyway. Whether it's with my writing or certain other things that I do in my life, that's often the case for me.

I know the saying "Nothing ventured, nothing gained," but I still think I'm better at describing many things than I am at actually creating them visually. I mean, I can often visualize certain things in certain ways, for sure. But translating them into an actual visual image or images on paper or on a screen, for instance, that may be quite hard for me to do easily enough at times, unfortunately. Especially when I don't have the ability to use templates for certain items, that is.

As I said in another post, I do not seek fame here, just by posting many posts as I often do around here. Fame is fleeting, and it won't last for eternity. I don't care how many posts I make here, I'm not seeking to earn it just by posting. I could care less about such a status here, to be honest. All I really care about is doing the best I can here and elsewhere in my life, and especially about doing what may be God's will here as best as I possibly can, no matter what it is, et cetera. Not about who likes who more, or who doesn't, et cetera.

Thank you for your time. I still wish you all the best possible, and I have absolutely no hard feelings whatsoever here, in direct regards to you, at all, Lawn Loaf. But I do think you're possibly just being at least a little unfair here to me and/or certain others around here, just the same. I still forgive you here, anyway, though. And with that said, I will close this post here. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:32 AM   #11
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Furthermore, have you even checked out ANY of my dynasty reports related to my saved games? Those dynasty reports, for example, are clear evidence that I have periodically been posting things other than various requests of mine in my various posts here on these forums, Lawn Loaf. So never say that I'm just trying to take unfair advantage of others around here again, please, without trying to give back in whatever ways I can to this community, even if it may not seem like very much to you or to others around here.

That's all for now, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 04-19-2019, 12:50 AM   #12
Robo
All Star Starter

CD, the jersey creator is pretty easy to learn. I have never used it until today. It takes a little figuring out, just by messing with it. But it has tons of features.
If you go to sites like this: https://www.fontspace.com/category/baseball and down load the fonts, put the font on your desktop, right click and chose install, it will download the font to your microsoft font folder. The font will then appear in the jersey creator. I get a ton of fonts from this site. Also if you download any logo from here that is a png without a background, put them in a designated folder, you choose that folder in the uniform creator and upload the logo. They are very easy to resize in the generator. I think there are some programs for free that will take the backgrounds out. Maybe GIMP. I know a few guys on here know about them.

I still prefer photo shop to make uniforms, but this a fairly easy way to do them and it has a lot of features. You should just try and see what you can you do. It may take you a little while to master it, but it would be worth it. It took me a long time to learn photo shop, I relied on tutorials on you tube. As many request as you have and all the details that you want, you learning how to use it would make your baseball world that much more special to you.

If you are willing to learn it, I am sure some guys here, including myself would give you advice on how to use the uniform creator.

Last edited by Robo; 04-20-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:58 AM   #13
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Furthermore, have you even checked out ANY of my dynasty reports related to my saved games? Those dynasty reports, for example, are clear evidence that I have periodically been posting things other than various requests of mine in my various posts here on these forums, Lawn Loaf. So never say that I'm just trying to take unfair advantage of others around here again, please, without trying to give back in whatever ways I can to this community, even if it may not seem like very much to you or to others around here.

That's all for now, I think. CD out.
CD,

The jersey creator is really easy to use. It just takes a little time. I'll save you the work of going through thousands of fonts and direct you to my HS feeder thread, where I have linked all of my fonts I have spent hours finding and loading. There has got to be at least a thousand.

All you have to do is start messing around making some jerseys. It takes a little skill, but mostly imagination.

I don't want to come across as condescending, the way I see it is this: I wanted to create a bunch of HS teams to real life for a league I have. There was not much in terms of uniforms to choose from. I knew there was no way I could ask for these to be done. So I knew if I wanted them done, I'd have to buck up and learn how to do them. Over time it became easier, and I developed a system. I posted them for all because I didn't want to be selfish, and figured if there were people out there who found them useful great.
That's what I am trying to get across to you. Just get started, post them, try, try again, develop your system, post some more, give back. Your ideas are so intricate, the odds are you're the only one that can put them into reality.
I'll be more than happy to help you out too. I have a streamlined process that I am willing to share with you, just let me know.
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:46 AM   #14
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I absolutely agree with Lawn Loaf.

CD, you seem to be a very nice person, but you really have very special requests. And you simply can't expect the folks around here to spend hours and hours working on your requests.

When I create a 40-team fictional league with AAA, AA, A and Rookie levels it takes me at least a couple of weeks to create my logos, jerseys and caps (of course more skilled guys may be faster).
Then, more often than not, I realize that I don't really like a certain logo and I search for a better image. Or a jersey/cap doesn't appear in-game the way I wanted ... so it has to be changed.

Your requests are so meticulous (and I don't mean it in a negative way) that nobody can exactly match them because nobody can look into your head.

So I, too, would advise you to start doing them yourself.

Use Justafan's great software ... your early tries will be bad, no doubt about it. Don't get discouraged. It's try and fail. Simply try all the features and very soon you'll get decent results.

One very important thing: Save each and every jersey/cap as a template - so if you're not satisfied with a certain jersey/cap tomorrow, next week or next month you simply can load the template and make your changes without starting all over again.

You have such detailed requests about what colors shoudl be used - simply load the template and make the color just a nuance lighter or darker, or use a font you like more.
There are so many options to make them just the way you like them.

Of course, there are lots of guys here that will help you if some things don't work - and of course you still can make your requests if you need a logo here and a jersey there.

Actually, I'm a lot like you - I want my jerseys/caps have certain colors and I often re-visit them and make small adjustments - my league stuff is an ongoing project. I'm also very specific how my schedules should be - so I decided to create my own schedules ... it takes me weeks to have them completed, but at the end they are just like I want them (or can accept them).

And that's my final advise: Relax. Find out what you can do and what you can't. Some things simply can't be done with Justafan's software. You don't have to do it all yourself. Check the countless threads, look for logos and jerseys/caps you can live with.

Try it and I'm sure you will love it!
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote