Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 05-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

No Stanley Cup special sale? ;-)

I just finished watching Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Sharks and their prey (wait, what?) and remembered FHM.

I also remember the near-annual World Series special sale for OOTP - is there going to be something similar for FHM? I'd like to try it, but not really being a hockey fan (despite Kühnhackl playing - I remember seeing his father play - OMG), the reviews seem to point to a wait and see strategy.

OOTP I enjoy very much, even though I am no baseball fan either, btw ;-).
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 AM   #2
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

I'm in the same situation, so I would like to know if anything like this is planned.

Actually I think it'd be pretty normal tbh. Lots of hyped people + sales = megatons of buys
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Sometimes setting things up over a Holiday Weekend isn't easy. But you should check your favorite store right now...
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
9.99 are you kidding me when I payed full price a few weeks ago. Next time I will try begging.
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
9.99 are you kidding me when I payed full price a few weeks ago. Next time I will try begging.
Depending on where you bought it, you could try and ask for a refund, but

(A) you didn't pay full price if you bought it a few weeks ago, it's been down to $19.99 - which has been a great deal.

(B) This is a temporary sale, it will be going back up afterwards.

(C) You've been able to enjoy the game for a while already, so that should be worth the few extra bucks.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #6
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Smile

D) oh yeah and there won't be a next time. I paid 29.99 which has been worth every penny.

E) I don't mind sales it erks me a little bit when people beg for them and are told oh ok. Who is more likely to support the developer long term.

Last edited by bradko; 06-01-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #7
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

Can't believe this is happening. Already bought. Thanks and will try to provide as much feedback as possible for future updates/iterations of the series.
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
bradko
Minors (Single A)

And his suggestions will undoubtably be treated with more respect than you treated mine.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
E) I don't mind sales it erks me a little bit when people beg for them and are told oh ok. Who is more likely to support the developer long term.
Whoa, please don't mistake my what I wrote. This price drop has been planned for a while and didn't just happen because someone asked for it.

As I eluded to earlier, we would have posted it a few days ago, but the problem was simple - The Stanley Cup started on a Holiday in the USA, which is where some of the contacts are for getting a price drop done.

We appreciate anyone and everyone who has purchased and will purchase the game and strive to help create the best game possible for our consumers. If you have feedback, we'll gladly listen to it.