Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #21
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Game still doesn't load WHA stats correctly. Aren't you guys ashamed of having a statistical simulation game that can't even load stats properly?
We're going to have to take another look at that, it looks like they're loading correctly for some players but not others. It looks like it might be at least in part something going wrong with non-NHL team and league ID's; if it's happening in database generation, it wouldn't have been fixable for this patch, regardless, because the data's not getting changed until the next one. But it'll have to be addressed soon, because I'm getting to the point in the historical research for next year where I'm going to be adding PCHL/WCHL stats, which will work the same way as the WHA ones, and any problems need to be ironed out before that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #22
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Will Edit League S. be turned on in Final Patch? Also League E. for all Leagues including Minors to?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #23
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Jeff, I believe the NHL playoff format is still incorrect. The NHL's new playoff format is based on brackets and divisions similar to the old style used in the 80's and early 90's (with minor differences) before becoming conference based in 1994. It seems FHM is still reseeding teams in the 2nd round based on conference whereas they should be based on the 1st round bracket.

Here's the 2014 playoffs after I simulated the 2013-14 season on FHM after I downloaded the patches (the numbers after the teams are not seeds but the number of games won in the best of seven):

1st Round
Eastern Conference
Toronto 3
Columbus 4

Detroit 1
Boston 4

Pittsburgh 1
NY Rangers 4

Philadelphia 4
Washington 0

And here is how FHM reseeded the teams for the 2nd round after the 1st round finished:

2nd Round
Eastern Conference
Philadelphia
Columbus

Boston
NY Rangers

However, with the new playoff setup I believe the 2nd round should have been seeded this way based on the 1st round bracket:

2nd Round
Eastern Conference
Boston
Columbus

Philadelphia
New York

I've run two seasons (2013-14 and 2014-15) and it does this seemingly incorrect playoff seeding each time in both conferences.

Unless I'm mistaken on what the new NHL playoff format is...but I don't believe I am.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Jeff, I believe the NHL playoff format is still incorrect. The NHL's new playoff format is based on brackets and divisions similar to the old style used in the 80's and early 90's (with minor differences) before becoming conference based in 1994. It seems FHM is still reseeding teams in the 2nd round based on conference whereas they should be based on the 1st round bracket.
Yeah, you're right, and I think I see the problem - there's one database setting that controls the seeding for later rounds, and it's set to re-seed for the NHL rather than keep the brackets intact. We'll get that changed for the next patch.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #25
Duranium
All Star Starter

Penguins roster at the start is 54 under contract ..... unable to trim down below 50 by trading players under contract for other team's unsigned prospects - program always mentions that there are already too many players under contract ... so what? i´m only able to release them or trade them for nothing to get below the 50 treshold ??

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 AM   #26
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Penguins roster at the start is 54 under contract ..... unable to trim down below 50 by trading players under contract for other team's unsigned prospects - program always mentions that there are already too many players under contract ... so what? i´m only able to release them or trade them for nothing to get below the 50 treshold ??
Send players to the "Reserve List" and then you can "Buyout" the contracts. That´s how it worked for me...
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #27
KaleB
Bat Boy

Any fixes for the news subscriptions? Manager Options have no effect and the News Subscription Options under Manager News won't change off of 'No news, only PMs'.

And on a side note, any way to turn off the Scouting Reports being sent to PMs?
KaleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Looks like that may be an issue with the way the trade system is counting the contracts. I'll have the guys take a look at it - and maybe see if it's possible to force the trades to be instant if you're over the contract limit, so you've got the most flexibility to fix the situation.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleB View Post
Any fixes for the news subscriptions? Manager Options have no effect and the News Subscription Options under Manager News won't change off of 'No news, only PMs'.
None yet, sorry. It was on the list of stuff to look at last time (particularly getting rid of that completely redundant second list of options), but didn't make it into the patch. We'll try for the next one.

Quote:
And on a side note, any way to turn off the Scouting Reports being sent to PMs?
No, you can control their frequency but you'll always get at least one report at the conclusion of the scouting trip. I'll see if we can add a "never" option.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #30
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Hiring / Firing Question

Jeff,

Is there an issue with hiring and firing a GM? I joined the ECHL with the Alaska Aces and made several FA signings to improve my team. I finished 1st in my division and had the 2nd best record in the league. This included the Top Defensemen and the Top Goalie ( who was one of the FA signings. I won both the Qtr Final and Semi Final playoff rounds in 5 games and lost in the Conference Final in 7 games. Throughout the season the owner was extremely pleased with my work and looked to a promising future.

I went through the off-season and got the message about what was expected in the coming season and Good Luck. The next day the 1st message I got was that I was fired and no new job offers from anybody for 1 1/2 years.

How touchy is the owner satisfaction and firing that after all I accomplished I was let go and then nothing? Also any word on when we can hire a separate Head Coach?

Thanks....appreciated as always. Have had no issues with the game other than the above.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #31
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

So...Stanley Cup Finals sale coming up? Say yes. I've been thinking about buying, but I'm just not sure if I want to pay full price with all the bugs. If not, I'll probably wait until the next one.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #32
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
So...Stanley Cup Finals sale coming up? Say yes. I've been thinking about buying, but I'm just not sure if I want to pay full price with all the bugs. If not, I'll probably wait until the next one.
The game is currently half off on Steam.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #33
bob
Minors (Double A)

I have the same problem since the first version of the game. I started in 1978 I play without problem until 2000. I sometimes makes me 2001 and several updates since I am unable to cross 1 July 2006. So I expect the next release of the next game v 2.0
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #34
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
The game is currently half off on Steam.
That does me no good. Don't use Steam, don't want to, since OOTP games are the only ones I play, and I don't have home internet except for my phone.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #35
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
That does me no good. Don't use Steam, don't want to, since OOTP games are the only ones I play, and I don't have home internet except for my phone.
Also on sale for $19 within the ootp store...
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #36
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I have the same problem since the first version of the game. I started in 1978 I play without problem until 2000. I sometimes makes me 2001 and several updates since I am unable to cross 1 July 2006. So I expect the next release of the next game v 2.0
Is that with the same savegame, or have you re-started with one of the recent patches? If it's a save that's several versions old, the problem that's preventing progression past those years may not be fixable. If it's a more recent start, we'd like to have a look at the file to see what's going wrong - the directions for sending it to us via ftp are here, or you can zip it up and post it to a filesharing site like Dropbox or Rapidshare and PM me the link so I can get it.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #37
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Jeff,

Is there an issue with hiring and firing a GM? I joined the ECHL with the Alaska Aces and made several FA signings to improve my team. I finished 1st in my division and had the 2nd best record in the league. This included the Top Defensemen and the Top Goalie ( who was one of the FA signings. I won both the Qtr Final and Semi Final playoff rounds in 5 games and lost in the Conference Final in 7 games. Throughout the season the owner was extremely pleased with my work and looked to a promising future.

I went through the off-season and got the message about what was expected in the coming season and Good Luck. The next day the 1st message I got was that I was fired and no new job offers from anybody for 1 1/2 years.

How touchy is the owner satisfaction and firing that after all I accomplished I was let go and then nothing? Also any word on when we can hire a separate Head Coach?

Thanks....appreciated as always. Have had no issues with the game other than the above.
One of the testers reported getting fired after a reasonably successful season, but that's the only other report I've heard. The AI Owner gets a chance to make a GM change at the point you're describing, basically a chance for him to decide if he doesn't like the team's direction and wants to make a change (as opposed to the in-season firings, which are more directed at solving immediate problems.) In the circumstances you described above, the chance of it happening could conceivably have been as high as 4%, given a few specific conditions. You may have just gotten very unlucky in a situation you were likely to survive, but to be on the safe side I'll have the guys take a look at the code to make sure that chance wasn't higher than it was supposed to be.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #38
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
One of the testers reported getting fired after a reasonably successful season, but that's the only other report I've heard. The AI Owner gets a chance to make a GM change at the point you're describing, basically a chance for him to decide if he doesn't like the team's direction and wants to make a change (as opposed to the in-season firings, which are more directed at solving immediate problems.) In the circumstances you described above, the chance of it happening could conceivably have been as high as 4%, given a few specific conditions. You may have just gotten very unlucky in a situation you were likely to survive, but to be on the safe side I'll have the guys take a look at the code to make sure that chance wasn't higher than it was supposed to be.
Thanks for the explanation and looking into it. And I guess we have seen stranger things happen in real coaching hirings and firings...so it could happen. The game is shaping up nicely.Sure some issues are still present but otherwise very solid and enjoyable.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #39
bob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is that with the same savegame, or have you re-started with one of the recent patches? If it's a save that's several versions old, the problem that's preventing progression past those years may not be fixable. If it's a more recent start, we'd like to have a look at the file to see what's going wrong - the directions for sending it to us via ftp are here, or you can zip it up and post it to a filesharing site like Dropbox or Rapidshare and PM me the link so I can get it.
i did .. im not sure if its the good thing i did .. because i just have compress my folder and put on your site .. well we gonna see it if it works .. and please ... tell me your gonna found the bugs :'( lol i know its a big bugs because at every patchs i did the same thing .. download the patch .... go on historical mode ... begin in 1978 .. and try to go at our years from today and continue .. but i cant :/ im block every time .. so good luck ^^ i hope its a little bug and not a major bug they will take you lot of time and change everything just to fix a problem -.-'
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #40
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

I wonder if its possible to get a screenshot or two of what the new match engine looks like??

In the spirit of getting the customers happy
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote