Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Ugh it looks like Windows is not allowing the application to run. The error is: "Access to the path 'c:\defaultpath.ini' is denied"

Question - which path should I be pointing to when I browse? Is it the Saved Games directory or the actual leauge.lg folder?
The .lg folder.

That error should now just come up as a box with an "OK" (different from the last one). Once you click ok, it should continue. Is it now?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Kemp
All Star Starter

Ok here is exactly what happens now with the new build.

1) I double click on the executable and it comes up, "Couldn't find your OOTP 10 saved_games directory. Try browsing..." I hit the "OK" button.

2) I click the "Browsing" link on the splash page thing and navigate to the League.lg folder.

3) I press the "OK" button and get a popup, ""Access to the path 'c:\defaultpath.ini' is denied." I hit the "OK" button.

4) What looks like a Windows error box pops up (see attached screen shot). I hit the "Continue" button and that windows pop up disappears and I'm back to the Scouting Tracker splash page (the one with the Browsing link at the bottom) and that's it. Nothing happens from there, it just sits.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I'm a bit of a dumbass about this kind of stuff.
Attached Images
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #23
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Ok here is exactly what happens now with the new build.

1) I double click on the executable and it comes up, "Couldn't find your OOTP 10 saved_games directory. Try browsing..." I hit the "OK" button.

2) I click the "Browsing" link on the splash page thing and navigate to the League.lg folder.

3) I press the "OK" button and get a popup, ""Access to the path 'c:\defaultpath.ini' is denied." I hit the "OK" button.

4) What looks like a Windows error box pops up (see attached screen shot). I hit the "Continue" button and that windows pop up disappears and I'm back to the Scouting Tracker splash page (the one with the Browsing link at the bottom) and that's it. Nothing happens from there, it just sits.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I'm a bit of a dumbass about this kind of stuff.
Not at all... thanks for your patience in trying out the utility.

But jeez, your system's security is really tight, huh? I'd check your security settings. There's not much I can do if your pc doesn't allow writing of files...
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
Kemp
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Not at all... thanks for your patience in trying out the utility.

But jeez, your system's security is really tight, huh? I'd check your security settings. There's not much I can do if your pc doesn't allow writing of files...
Apparently yes!! I just bought this laptop and the security settings came like this. I actually copied my league folder to a different pc and your utility worked fine so I guess I have to try to figure out how to chill-out the security on the laptop.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
Afino
Hall Of Famer

So how do I get one individual report?

I check on "select all" and get everyone with updated changes, but I can't click on just one player's checkbox and have his dev show up.

Not only that, I ran a rescout at 7/2 and the ScoutingTracker date says 6/28.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #26
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
So how do I get one individual report?

I check on "select all" and get everyone with updated changes, but I can't click on just one player's checkbox and have his dev show up.

Not only that, I ran a rescout at 7/2 and the ScoutingTracker date says 6/28.

Just like in DevTracker, right-click on one of the lines on the grid, and it asks if you want to see the player card.

I'm not sure about the rescout. If you run the rescout, then make sure you save the game before running the Scouting Tracker again. If there's a new report available, it will ask if you want to create a new baseline.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #27
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you run the rescout, then make sure you save the game before running the Scouting Tracker again.
Yep, that's all I had to do.

Everything's working great now! I have a 6/28 baseline (which is probably when the game rescouted) and a 7/3 (which is when I did the manual).

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #28
Neags23
All Star Starter

Wow, so this is either really bug-free, or I vastly overestimated the demand for a utility like this.

I expected a lot of complaints about the stupid setup/validation thing. I hate it, myself. I had to do it like 3 times in my league before it accepted it.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #29
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, so this is either really bug-free, or I vastly overestimated the demand for a utility like this.
It installs and runs better than your previous apps. We've chatted on these install issues before, and the issues were resolved with a little code tweaking.

This time, it just plain works.

Thanks!
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #30
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I only had to try twice on the validation thing and I figured that was due to the reason you stated, so it wasn't a big deal.

Really though, I like what I've seen so far and haven't come up with any issues.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #31
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Actually - just found a bug.

I'm having issues changing the beginning date to a baseline other than the original.

Say I have four baselines, 6/1, 7/1, 7/15, and 8/1. I can't change the 6/1 start date to 7/1 or 7/15 without it crashing.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #32
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Actually - just found a bug.

I'm having issues changing the beginning date to a baseline other than the original.

Say I have four baselines, 6/1, 7/1, 7/15, and 8/1. I can't change the 6/1 start date to 7/1 or 7/15 without it crashing.
Hm, interesting. I probably won't have this fixed until late tonight. Heading to the cubs game in an hour and then I have hours upon hours of college football to watch.

But thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #33
Neags23
All Star Starter

Dates fixed. There were a few things that were wonky with the dates.

Also a bug with the display on the player card of pitcher's VORP when negative was fixed.

Last edited by Neags23; 01-06-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #34
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

These utilities are single handedly making me want to finally buy an Intel Mac to upgrade my PPC machine so I can run these in Parallels. So jealous.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
Afino
Hall Of Famer

When using "Select All" for players, it seems to ignore using a baseline other than the first. I'm getting all of the player dev since the initial baseline despite having a different start date.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #36
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
When using "Select All" for players, it seems to ignore using a baseline other than the first. I'm getting all of the player dev since the initial baseline despite having a different start date.
Blech. This is a nasty bug.

One of the reasons ScoutingTracker is much faster than DevTracker when getting ratings for every player (it's about 30 seconds vs. like 5 minutes), is that I just go through each team selected, and grab all the players in the baseline with a matching team ID. Before, I'd actually cycle through every player.

The problem with the first method is that players tend not to stay on the same team. And players might show up on a team in a later baseline.

I'm not sure how to fix this, yet, but I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Last edited by Neags23; 09-14-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #37
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Alright, here's another one.

Hopefully this one is easier!!

The scouted ratings for RP's seem to take the Stuff rating as if they were listed as a SP.

Example: One of my RP's has RP ratings of 8/8/7 (Stuff/Move/Control). Well, it's showing up in the ScoutingTracker as 6/8/7. Confused, I changed his position to SP, and sure enough, it changes from 8/8/7 to 6/8/7. I know this is related to their role, so I don't know if this is something that's fixable or just something I have to keep in mind for guys in my bullpen.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #38
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Alright, here's another one.

Hopefully this one is easier!!

The scouted ratings for RP's seem to take the Stuff rating as if they were listed as a SP.

Example: One of my RP's has RP ratings of 8/8/7 (Stuff/Move/Control). Well, it's showing up in the ScoutingTracker as 6/8/7. Confused, I changed his position to SP, and sure enough, it changes from 8/8/7 to 6/8/7. I know this is related to their role, so I don't know if this is something that's fixable or just something I have to keep in mind for guys in my bullpen.
It's fixable if the forumla for how the Stuff rating is calculated for RP's is available. It only shows up in the .dat files one way, then the game converts it.

If anyone knows the formula, share it and I'll implement it.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #39
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Neags, you may not have that support team, but you sure have an active tester in Afino!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #40
Afino
Hall Of Famer

At least he knows he has one loyal follower