Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
drhay53
Major Leagues

Some random feedback

1) A deadline where you can no longer switch out cards, similar to the trade deadline, would create very interesting auction house decisions similar to the buy/sell decisions you have to make in a "normal" MLB season. Basically, you create market inefficiencies that smart players can exploit. Do I sell my best player for a bunch of PP and a chance to replace them with even better players? Do I overspend on that one SP that could send me over the top? My biggest concern here would be if F2P players can keep up with the prices of people spending lots of money. But I anticipate the big spenders will end up in the highest league pretty fast, and I'll be puttering around in the middle somewhere. That's actually fine with me.

2) If you don't limit the number of Closers a player can have in the bullpen, you'll end up with 6 closers (higher stamina = better) and an ace SP as the typical bullpen. I personally would limit closers to 3 per team (say for 2 setup/stopper roles and 1 closer). This will just create more interesting decisions.

3) I'm really interested to see the kinds of teams people put together that can have success. Will people go "3 true outcomes" crazy and ignore defense? And if so, would an insanely small ball, defense, and GB ratio focused club actually be really strong? We have the ability to build practically any style of team, with basically every player matching our desired style. What kind of game theory will emerge? This should be fun to watch.

4) When someone puts in a bid in the last 10 seconds of an auction, the timer should reset to 30. This stops people from trying to simply get the last bid in right at the end of the timer, which is no fun for anyone. By resetting the clock, a true bidding war can emerge and nobody feels cheated by the timer.

Last edited by drhay53; 11-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

#4 is a really nice idea!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
3) I'm really interested to see the kinds of teams people put together that can have success. Will people go "3 true outcomes" crazy and ignore defense? And if so, would an insanely small ball, defense, and GB ratio focused club actually be really strong? We have the ability to build practically any style of team, with basically every player matching our desired style. What kind of game theory will emerge? This should be fun to watch.
(Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!)

My record isn't anything special, but once my fielders learn new positions and I get another pitcher or two, I'm feeling pretty confident for a mediocre initial card draw.

el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #4
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Do players learn new positions? I thought all development was disabled. It would be nice if they could learn new positions as I’m finding that it’s hard to find cards that can play multiple positions adequately, particularly for historical cards.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Do players learn new positions? I thought all development was disabled. It would be nice if they could learn new positions as I’m finding that it’s hard to find cards that can play multiple positions adequately, particularly for historical cards.
Yep! You might need to use 'force role' options, but they'll learn over time.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Yep! You might need to use 'force role' options, but they'll learn over time.
Has this been confirmed by the devs? The only stuff I have seen says that all development is disabled. I have a Steven Souza Jr card that I have been playing at 1B. His ratings aren't great, but they are good enough that he should eventually become a mediocre defensive 1B. I've played him every game at 1B so far (so, 34 games) yet he still has a 0/100 rating at 1B.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #7
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, it has been confirmed by the devs, I had the same question in bug report because I had a duplicate card but one of them was increasing in their overall positional rating.

The response was that yes, development does not occur but gaining experience/games played at positions does exist. So while a player will not change their arm/range/etc, they can gain experience at different positions.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...35&postcount=3
jkdhoo is offline   Reply With Quote