Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
gbrooking
Minors (Double A)

Basketball Game

I love OOTP and am anxious for its football counterpart. I'm also interested in an NBA game (for Mac) but have never found anything remotely like OOTP for basketball.

APOLOGIES if this is the wrong forum....
gbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Most likely should belong in general discussion. With that said I’d love an OOTP a basketball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
killxmike
Bat Boy

I know this is old, but i'd pay $100 for a good OOTP Basketball Game. I've never found a basketball sim that was particularly good.
killxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #4
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike View Post
I know this is old, but i'd pay $100 for a good OOTP Basketball Game. I've never found a basketball sim that was particularly good.

Have you checked out Wolverine Studios? They are working on Pro Basketball 20 as we speak but Pro Basketball 19 is a very good game and the engine has come a long way.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Have you checked out Wolverine Studios? They are working on Pro Basketball 20 as we speak but Pro Basketball 19 is a very good game and the engine has come a long way.

I recently bought Pro Basketball 19 and is very decent.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:14 PM   #6
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 from Grey Dog is good. Text-based, realistic stats. While the game is stable in my experience, it is cumbersome to create foreign leagues and the NBA rosters have not been updated in years. You can play fictional, however. Questions do not get answered for months, if ever.

But they are often running sales and I would recommend it, along with their Fast Break College Basketball. You can import players from the college game into the NBA game.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #7
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I agree that wolverine studios basketball game is fun. The only issue I have, not on Wolverine Studios, is the lack of mod support. There really doesn't seem to be many modders.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
I agree that wolverine studios basketball game is fun. The only issue I have, not on Wolverine Studios, is the lack of mod support. There really doesn't seem to be many modders.

There is an NBA mod but as I’m working on a draft class for our online league I realized the ratings for the NBA mod are way out of whack. Ton of work to get every player playing to their true to life game and then the draft classes won’t exactly match the ratings of the NBA mod either.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #9
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Wolverine's basketball game is pretty good but agree with Rizzo about making mods. I made a European League mod for it a few years back and tried making draft classes but the ratings were pretty bad to work with and it became a bit of a chore.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

For my online league I and two other people make custom draft classes every season. The work it takes to create a realistic class once every 6 months is outrageous so to do that for the entire league would be a task I wouldn’t wish on anyone lol.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #11
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 from Grey Dog is good. Text-based, realistic stats. While the game is stable in my experience, it is cumbersome to create foreign leagues and the NBA rosters have not been updated in years. You can play fictional, however. Questions do not get answered for months, if ever.

But they are often running sales and I would recommend it, along with their Fast Break College Basketball. You can import players from the college game into the NBA game.
I cannot recommend this game.

Poor developer interaction. Never any updates. Game is, what, five years old and the developer has made maybe one update to the game?

Promised changes that were sorely needed and they never came. Simply just vanished and never shows up.

It's a dead series. A dead game. Not worth anyone's time.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #12
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH View Post

Poor developer interaction. Never any updates. Game is, what, five years old and the developer has made maybe one update to the game?

Promised changes that were sorely needed and they never came. Simply just vanished and never shows up.

Exactly. Sad because the game had tons of potential. It was working right just missed a lot of the bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #13
polydamas
All Star Reserve

https://play.basketball-gm.com/

is a decent, bare-bones, but free basketball simulator
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #14
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH View Post

Well, I still play it several times a week. In spite of it being a dead series (the college version is even older than the pro game) and the non-presence of the developer (due to health issues I've heard), it is a good text based sim with realistic stats. For me, it has been very stable, and more fun than the last Wolverine pro basketball sim I bought.

To each his own.

That's why God invented demos.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 08-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #15
BadluckinOOTP
All Star Starter

I still like the Fast Break series better than the Draft Day series even years later. I can just never quite get into the DDS games. If there was ever a basketball sim on the level of FM or OOTP, it would be bad for my overall physical and mental health.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #16
redranger
All Star Reserve

Even though Grey Dog Fast Break college basketball is old, I can still add teams and update conferences, etc to match what they are today (or even into the future for next couple of years)

I don’t think any other one currently on the market can boast that

Haven’t really messed with the pro version much though. I tend to like the college game and having fictional players etc doesn’t bother me in the sense after about four years when you shuffle guys through your school, they all become fictional pretty quick anyways

redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #17
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

First look at the new 2020 version of Wolverine's basketball game. Brand new user interface which is looking very nice. If looking for a basketball game that is actively supported, recommend giving the video a look and keeping an eye on its release. Typically they have free demos for their products, so no risk to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s4HeKkKays
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:52 PM   #18
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
Even though Grey Dog Fast Break college basketball is old, I can still add teams and update conferences, etc to match what they are today (or even into the future for next couple of years)

I don’t think any other one currently on the market can boast that

Haven’t really messed with the pro version much though. I tend to like the college game and having fictional players etc doesn’t bother me in the sense after about four years when you shuffle guys through your school, they all become fictional pretty quick anyways

I've never tried to add teams, though I think it's great that you can do that. It's enough for me that FBCB already has my college: Cleveland State University.