Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
pittttbullll
Bat Boy

Game Question

Hello.
One of my favorite things to do in past baseball games was to create a team of all historical greats and simulate them through a season against the most current teams to see how they compared out to their historical stats for the year I picked them.
I prefer to play a manager only mode without all of the team building and rookie and salaries and caps but injuries and fatigue and other season settings on.
Also, is it possible to reset all of their ages to younger numbers so I could simulate multiple seasons with the same players and keep accumulated stats for them as the seasons progressed on.
I've been waiting for a game like that which was more statistically accurate and not all pretty graphics and unrealistic numbers.
With the addition of the 3d animations in gameplay, if this game can do all of this it looks like I've finally found the game I've been waiting so long for!!!
Thanks.
pittttbullll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Yes you can do all that.
If you want the players to be younger, once you've got everthing to your liking. You can export the rosters, load up the file in any spreadsheet and change the player's date of birth so they're younger. When done save the file in either .txt or .csv format (either one works) and reimport.

To export Rosters for any lg:
Very important!!! Make a backup of your save game before you do this just in case.

1. Select the lg. you want and then click league settings option from the lgs. dropdown list.
2. On the lg. settings page on the right hand side, click the export roster button.
3. Open the exported roster's file in a spreadsheet. This file will be in your saved games\ Import/Export folder.
4. Once your done editing, (NEVER, NEVER CHANGE THE PLAYER OR TEAM IDS) save the file back to your saved games\import/export folder in either .txt or .csv format.
5. On the games lg. settings screen, click the Import rosters button.
6. Once it's imported successfully, I highly suggest you save and restart ootp to ensure your changes took effect.

Hope this helps and welcome to ootp. You're gonna love it.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-23-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote