Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #41
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I'd like to begin assembling a list of historical players from any era to perhaps play in this fictional nation's stadiums, once they are ready for use, whenever that is. Once I'm able to start adding parks that I have in mind to this game world, then I will begin putting such players into the applicable draft pools as soon as I can, and as often as I can. Otherwise, the players for said draft pool will be fictional, and most likely autogenerated, of course.

I will be renaming them, if and whenever needed and/or desired, but that doesn't mean that we won't necessarily see multiple players being imported and/or cloned at times, of course. For now, one suggestion per forum member at a time, please. Preferably different players with each potential later suggestion here. If someone has already suggested a player, please do not suggest the same player. Once I get 24 suggestions collected at a time, I will close the suggestions period for a while, as needed.

Thank you for your time and attention here. CD out.

P.S. When you suggest a player, please provide the necessary player ID, and try to remember I'd like to import each of them as early as possible, age-wise, for sure. Thank you. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-28-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #42
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Chey has graciously provided two more logos for the SRL which will eventually replace the original ones that you just made, probably at least ten to fifteen years down the line. However, I do not yet have subleague logos for the Follis Division or the Gens Division, nor has he yet been able to do any league or subleague-related logos for the CKU. He will try and help me out with them, I believe, and he wants me to be more specific with what I would more like to see with the CKU-related league and subleague logos.

I will have to think about such things a bit, but fortunately, the CKU is not yet started, so we still have some time before I absolutely have to have those logos here. I think that he can provide them, but we'll have to see here, of course.

Thank you for your time and attention and all so far here, Eugene. CD out.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #43
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

April 8 results and scheduled games for April 9. Lot of sloppiness on defense by most of the teams here, for sure. Then again, it's still 1901. So probably can't be helped, of course. Can't wait to see the Cupids-Athletics games after the Cupids finish their current series with the Huskies. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #44
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Any predictions on how those games will go, folks? Just wondering, that's all. CD out.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #45
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

April 9 results, April 10 scheduled games. Cupids and Athletics series soon to begin, hopefully it will be a good one, of course. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #46
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

A note for future reference, folks, if I may. In parts where certain dialogue is present, the actual language spoken by those who are or will be in Slaabovia will be Slaabinese, the native language of Slaabovia, unless otherwise stated. However, I still will translate as much as I can of what these may say into English, for most people playing OOTP may use English as their main form of written language here in the forums.

So if you see dialogue here, assume it is in Slaabinese, unless stated, no matter where the players may be listed as coming from on profile or other related screenshots. Also, where you may see nationality listed for players and/or coaches, unless stated explicitly, assume that is where their ethnic heritage comes from, even if they are not mentioned in dynasty reports as coming from there. For instance, if you see a player or coach or owner, et cetera, listed as an American, do not automatically assume that he was born there, unless otherwise stated. Or lives there, for that matter.

If there are exceptions to the speaking of Slaabinese here, I will note them as often and as best as I can. Thank you for your time and attention here. CD out.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #47
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, it would be good for you to occasionally post screenshots of the players' baseball cards and player photos.

It would be a nice feature to see the team jerseys and caps.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #48
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I'll see what I can do to that effect, but it may take a while at times. Thank you for your suggestion, Eugene. Will probably show profiles periodically of players, but not sure which ones right now. CD out.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #49
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

April 10 scores, including box score for Athletics-Cupids game, and April 11 schedule. I watched the Cupids host the Athletics in Busch Stadium 1997. There was a good deal of sloppy play on both sides, but unfortunately, the Cupids couldn't take advantage of three Willson errors, especially in the 4th inning, and what didn't help were two errors for Folliston in the first three innings.

Vihko also seemed to have the Cupids' number this game as well. Wonder if he'll hit well against them this season. Guess we'll all have to wait and see, of course, won't we?

The Cupids couldn't really get anything going against Doppenberg, and it didn't help that they ran into a few caught stealings, and couldn't hit often enough to take advantage of the aforementioned errors by Willson. And once Arnold hit that HR for Willson, it was pretty much all she wrote, so to speak, for any possibly remaining chances that Folliston might have had to come back in this game, for sure. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 03-03-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #50
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Watched the second Athletics-Cupids game, and for the most part, both starting pitchers were basically very good, or had moderately good defense behind them for much of the game. At least in terms of being able to keep runs off the board, anyway, that is.

There was some sloppy play by Willson early on, but the Cupids couldn't take advantage. Leem didn't allow a hit until Arnold hit a leadoff double in the top of the fifth. For the most part, Folliston's defense was very good, until the last two innings, when they got a little sloppy. That led to the run for the Athletics in the ninth to tie the score briefly.

Except for the bit of sloppy play during the game, it was a fairly well-played game by both teams. Hopefully both teams will play better, as the season progresses, of course.

Expect another recap with the April 12 game between the Athletics and Cupids, if at all possible, folks. In the meantime, I'll close this post with a few screenshots. CD out.

P.S. Willson's Weghorst went 0-3 with a strikeout and one LOB, and his BA is .139 with no home runs and two RBI so far this season.

Folliston's Huang went 1-3 with a run scored and one left on, and he's batting .310 with no home runs and two RBI so far this season, just in case you can't tell easily enough here with the box score. He scored the first Folliston run after first getting a base hit, then advancing to second on an error by Hartonen on a pickoff throw. Chang knocked him in with an RBI single.

That's all for now on this post, I think, folks. CD out.
Attached Images
Old 03-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #51
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Couple of teams have at least a few people out for a bit, and I think the one that's likely out the longest of those who are out may not be able to come back for about eleven months, if I remember correctly. Hopefully that won't bode too poorly for certain affected teams and/or players.

Willson has one of their key players out for at least another month or two, I think, so it may be rather thin for them in terms of position players. But maybe by the end of the month, I'll see about moving some players around to various teams, once I see how things are shaking out here, et cetera.

I have twelve human managers created so far for this game, and we'll have to see what each team may need for themselves, before I start the trading off here. Once the first off day happens, I'm probably going to set this aside for a few days, at least for the most part, so I can do some other things I've been putting off for a bit in order to do this sort of thing.

Like more of my writing, for instance. I have a few stories that need to be worked on, for starters, and I want to get at least another chapter or two done for at least one of them by the end of this month, if I can. But I will see if I can pop in and update some of the earliest posts in this thread very soon, in any case, at the very least here. Lord willing, of course.

Feel free to comment and ask reasonable enough questions and all here, but do please try to keep things as clean and as courteous and as respectful as possible here, if you don't mind, folks. Thanks. CD out.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #52
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Watched the final Athletics-Cupids game before the first off day of the season for them, and most teams. The game was a fairly high-scoring game, at least for my tastes, especially when both teams were again sloppy at times during it. Platina and Tuomino had really good games for the Cupids, at least for the most part, while Lang tried to help the Athletics out, going 2-4 with a home run in the third to briefly tie the score at 2.

But defense didn't help the Athletics much, although they were fortunate not to give up any more runs after two late errors. The Cupids hit fairly well this game, too, fortunately for them.

Here are some screenshots from the box score and the results and the standings as of April 13, 1901. For the lines you may not be able to make out well in one of the shots, Yokoyama went 1-3 with 3 LOB, and he's batting .318 with no home runs and 4 RBIs so far this season. While Jian went 1-4 with a run scored and one left on, putting him at a batting average of .150 with no home runs and 5 RBIs.

Until later, then, I'll close this. I'll return to this dynasty's schedule sometime later on, although I don't know when that might be just yet. But I might still try and update the earlier posts in this thread later, if and when I get enough of a chance to do so here, folks, in the meantime. Thanks for your time and attention, et cetera. CD out.
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 PM   #53
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Am beginning to update certain dynasty-related posts here, just so you know, Eugene. Feel free to check out the thread, if and whenever you like. Thank you. CD out.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #54
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

No, don't get rid of your 2d stadium pictures, if you haven't already. Keep them, and keep your prior team histories too, please, Eugene. I'd like to see them all as well, if I can. And historical results from prior years too, if possible. CD out.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #55
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Having trouble posting pictures of the entire league's current logos/caps/uniform looks. Any suggestion on how I can show the previews of all those items here in a single picture, if at all possible, folks? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #56
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Having trouble posting pictures of the entire league's current logos/caps/uniform looks. Any suggestion on how I can show the previews of all those items here in a single picture, if at all possible, folks? Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Don't know for sure... but I think you will have to post them individually.

Just go to a player profile screen... then create a baseball card for that player... and post it here on the forum... that way you can see how each team jersey and cap look.

You will have to do a baseball card for each team.

Here are 5 baseball cards from my league to show you what it looks like.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #57
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, you can also create a team picture in OOTP.

It shows a picture of the whole team roster of players.

I never use it... I don't like the way they look.

Much prefer the individual baseball card.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #58
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Here is a team picture... is this what you want to post?
Attached Images
Old 03-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #59
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

No, I mean the preview picture showing the entire arrangement of logos, caps, and uniforms for teams in a league, at least, in terms of sets. As far as 18, it seems the shoulders get cut off in the team pictures, as far as I've seen.

And I've not yet been able to install 19 on either of my computers, either this one or the new one my brother got me a while back, unfortunately, for various reasons. I believe that shot up there is from 19, is it not? Thanks for your help and all so far. CD out.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #60
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Do you think the Knights are going to get out of the Follis Division basement, and what do you think of the standings and game results so far? I'm not happy with all the errors in the game, for sure. But seeing as it's still 1901, they'll probably be quite numerous for a while, for many teams, unfortunately.

I can't wait to see what happens when several better players come back from injury, especially Langley for the Athletics, for example. I think he's not going to be able to play for at least another 6-8 weeks, though, if I remember correctly.

Hoping the upcoming Cupids-Knights series is a good one, of course. But we'll have to see. I don't know how the remaining nearly 140 games are going to go for everyone here during this first season of this dynasty, but hopefully we'll all see a rather good pennant race in both divisions, obviously.

As far as the statistics, I wonder how they'll shake out by the end of the season. And the standings too, for sure. I won't lie, but I do hope that the Cupids do well this season, and for many years to come, to be completely honest here.

I will probably need to adjust market sizes later, but that can be done later, I'm sure. Along with any number of other related things, as well.

I'm still hoping someone is willing and able to design suitable enough logos for the CKU and certain other subleagues/divisions for this project, if they haven't already done so, according to my hopes and wishes for them. But I will understand if nobody wants to include an American Indian/Native American chief head-type design reminiscent of my high school alma mater from the time I was there many years ago.

Thank you for your time and attention here, everyone, especially those who've helped me so far with this particular project of mine. CD out.