Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #41
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

P403 still down. I should have randomized my three teams this week and maybe 1 or 2 of them would be up by now.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #42
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I can currently log in to my bronze team, but not my silver for whatever reason.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #43
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

The unfortunate thing for me is that I had a bunch of auctions ending at 11:00pm EST and looks like I won't have any volume of buyers to bid up the lower bids that got in before this. This server issue is literally costing me a lot of PP I bet.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:17 PM   #44
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Hey guys, sorry for the hassle. I'd like to tell you a bit about the background. Hopefully it makes sense:
For PT19, we use 6 servers at the moment. We copy all the league files to a single CDN storage. This CDN storage had a problem a few hours ago and the league data could not get uploaded.
For PT20, we use a different network and provider and a completely different concept. We have 16 servers in place for PT20 and it's completely separated from PT19. That is because we saw the problems a few weeks ago with box scores unavailable and so on, so we revamped the whole concept to have a system which is better scalable.
We wanted to introduce the new system to PT19 after the release of OOTP20. But with the problems tonight, I started to migrate the PT19 sim servers to the PT20 concept and that was not easy.

Obviously, it would have been much better to move all the stuff when the simulations are not running at the same time. For example Monday morning. But I had to find a solution for the bad CDN storage problem immediately and that was the only thing that worked.

Please accept my apologies for this server outage.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #45
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Huge thanks for your efforts!
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:13 AM   #46
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the hassle. I'd like to tell you a bit about the background. Hopefully it makes sense:
For PT19, we use 6 servers at the moment. We copy all the league files to a single CDN storage. This CDN storage had a problem a few hours ago and the league data could not get uploaded.
For PT20, we use a different network and provider and a completely different concept. We have 16 servers in place for PT20 and it's completely separated from PT19. That is because we saw the problems a few weeks ago with box scores unavailable and so on, so we revamped the whole concept to have a system which is better scalable.
We wanted to introduce the new system to PT19 after the release of OOTP20. But with the problems tonight, I started to migrate the PT19 sim servers to the PT20 concept and that was not easy.

Obviously, it would have been much better to move all the stuff when the simulations are not running at the same time. For example Monday morning. But I had to find a solution for the bad CDN storage problem immediately and that was the only thing that worked.

Wow. And all that at 3 AM. You're a hero!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:17 AM   #47
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Customers should be able to receive the same critical service information here on the company forums. This is not the first time that information has been withheld from this community.
Agreed. Sorry, it was quite hectical yesterday....
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:48 AM   #48
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Customers should be able to receive the same critical service information here on the company forums. This is not the first time that information has been withheld from this community.
Is it weird to think that the official location for any important game related messages should be the game itself?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:18 AM   #49
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Is it weird to think that the official location for any important game related messages should be the game itself?
Seeing how often i "dismiss message(s)" in my OOTP 16 relating to info about the newer games, only for them to crop up again and again I don't think this would work very reliably either.

While I slept through all of this, a brief post acknowledging a major snafu in progress pinned to the PT Forum here would be daft though.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #50
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Man, you guys need to get with the times. Message boards will die someday and you'll have to move on or be left behind. Usually, twitter is the main form of communication for companies and pretty much never message boards. Just click on a link and read, it's not that hard. Takes about 10 minutes to get used to discord. I'm old too.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #51
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

We might be old farts*, but they still can't leave us behind here. We still got firm grip on our wallets!

+++

*I'm 32.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Man, you guys need to get with the times. Message boards will die someday and you'll have to move on or be left behind. Usually, twitter is the main form of communication for companies and pretty much never message boards. Just click on a link and read, it's not that hard. Takes about 10 minutes to get used to discord. I'm old too.

These forums have been the company's primary means of communication with its customers for most of its existence. The customer support function is located here, not on Discord. Discord and Twitter are being used to promote the game, which is great, but important customer support information should be posted here.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #53
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the Devs to keep this board up to date - but I also think they realize they dropped the ball on this one. That said, however, when your trying to keep up with the problem, communication isn't the first thing on your mind.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #54
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Discord isn't a social media marketing thing. It's just a communication tool and is super easy to use. More like Slack than twitter.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #55
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Discord isn't a social media marketing thing. It's just a communication tool and is super easy to use. More like Slack than twitter.
Ok. That's irrelevant to the point of the discussion. Customer support information should be shared here.

Are you saying that customer support information should NOT be shared here? Are you saying that it should only be shared on Discord? If not, then we all agree.

Last edited by Orcin; 03-19-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #56
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
These forums have been the company's primary means of communication with its customers for most of its existence. The customer support function is located here, not on Discord. Discord and Twitter are being used to promote the game, which is great, but important customer support information should be posted here.

They also have Customer Support staff on Discord. As I type this, there are currently a moderator and 2 OOTP non developer staff people online.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #57
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
They also have Customer Support staff on Discord. As I type this, there are currently a moderator and 2 OOTP non developer staff people online.
I have no problem with that. You evade the point. Are you saying that the information should ONLY be shared on Discord? Are you saying that the information should NOT be shared here? Sharing the same information on all platforms, including Discord, at relatively the same time is a perfect solution.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #58
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok. That's irrelevant to the point of the discussion. Customer support information should be shared here.

Are you saying that customer support information should NOT be shared here? Are you saying that it should only be shared on Discord? If not, then we all agree.
I was mainly just addressing where you said "they are promoting the game on Discord". Personally I am not a fan of social media either, so I thought it might be worth mentioning, that's not what Discord is. Anyways. Wasn't expecting such hostility...gonna ignore this thread now. Carry on.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #59
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was mainly just addressing where you said "they are promoting the game on Discord". Personally I am not a fan of social media either, so I thought it might be worth mentioning, that's not what Discord is. Anyways. Wasn't expecting such hostility...gonna ignore this thread now. Carry on.
I don't see anything hostile about my reply to you. I asked you to clarify your point because I did not understand how it was relevant.

Quote:
I was mainly just addressing where you said "they are promoting the game on Discord".
My post did not say anything about Discord being social media or not.

Last edited by Orcin; 03-19-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #60
chazzycat
All Star Starter

replying "that's irrelevant to the discussion" and then putting words in my mouth which I did not say, when I was just trying to help you, is the part that came across as hostile.