Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Mods

Old 04-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

iOOTP 14 - Stadiums

I've begun work on stadium images for iOOTP 14, however the upgrade to an Apple Retina display presents both pros and cons -- while the display size is larger and better, the available stadium images online are usually smaller in size and of poor quality.

If you would like to see all 32 stadiums released here for everyone to have, I could use the community's help.

To keep this thread clear of clutter and images I cannot use, here are my requests:

1. Images MUST be larger than 2048x1536 pixels.

2. Images should be shot from an upper deck, as directly from behind home plate as possible.

3. Images should be as recent as possible or represent the stadium as it looks today in 2014.

4. I prefer the images be from a night time game. In instances where night game images are not as plentiful, a day game image may be used.

When all the images are found and I've Photoshopped them, here's an example of what you can expect to use in your game:

Last edited by thespungo; 04-22-2014 at 05:03 PM.
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
I've begun work on stadium images for iOOTP 14, however the upgrade to an Apple Retina display presents both pros and cons -- while the display size is larger and better, the available stadium images online are usually smaller in size and of poor quality.

If you would like to see all 32 stadiums released here for everyone to have, I could use the community's help.

To keep this thread clear of clutter and images I cannot use, here are my requests:

2. Images should be shot from an upper deck, as directly from behind home plate as possible.

3. Images should be as recent as possible or represent the stadium as it looks today in 2014.

4. I prefer the images be from a night time game. In instances where night game images are not as plentiful, a day game image may be used.

When all the images are found and I've Photoshopped them, here's an example of what you can expect to use in your game:

Thanks for leading this quest! I'll start searching as soon as I can to help. Let us know if you find ballparks so we aren't looking for ones you don't need. Thanks!
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtneedsaride View Post
Thanks for leading this quest! I'll start searching as soon as I can to help. Let us know if you find ballparks so we aren't looking for ones you don't need. Thanks!

I think plenty of OOTP users have made sets that could easily be resized. Hell, I could even do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Where in iOOTP do you put these graphics and what do you call them?
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I think plenty of OOTP users have made sets that could easily be resized. Hell, I could even do it myself.
Feel free to use low quality images and blow them up to a larger size, reducing their quality even further.

My stadium set will be true Retina size and quality.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
Where in iOOTP do you put these graphics and what do you call them?
The OOTP team has not answered this yet.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I have a solid current set that I used on iOTTP13.... a user here did them.
(Since its now 2014 a few images may need updating)

There are two sets of the same images. One set for iPAD one set for iPHONE. Both worked and looked great!

This is where they were placed:

Using iFunBox -

User Applications
iOOTP13
Documents
*Place in documents folder*

Now this was for 2013...I tired 2014 and they aren't showing up... I am guessing due to the larger screen, meaning they need to be resized. If I recall correctly, if these images are not sized exactly they will not show up in game. Just checked 2013 and they are still working for me, so this must be the issue.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #8
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I have a solid current set that I used on iOTTP13.... a user here did them.

(Since its now 2014 a few images may need updating)

There are two sets of the same images. One set for iPAD one set for iPHONE. Both worked and looked great!

This is where they were placed:

Using iFunBox -

User Applications

iOOTP13

Documents

*Place in documents folder*

Now this was for 2013...I tired 2014 and they aren't showing up... I am guessing due to the larger screen, meaning they need to be resized. If I recall correctly, if these images are not sized exactly they will not show up in game. Just checked 2013 and they are still working for me, so this must be the issue.

Where can I get the 2013 images?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where can I get the 2013 images?
I just looked through 8 pages of the iOOTP forum and I cannot for the life of me find the thread where these images where shared

I got them right off this site... I checked the mod too but no luck. I will have to check further back then 8 pages see if I can find the thread.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #10
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Feel free to use low quality images and blow them up to a larger size, reducing their quality even further.

My stadium set will be true Retina size and quality.

The set that I have saved on my computer is made up of images about 1500-2000 pixels wide. They are all definitely larger than the 1136 pixels that Retina has. When I get a chance, I will resize these images properly. I personally won't use them in iOOTP, but I know some like to so I will still post.

Why ask for something that you already have?

Quote:
Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 AM   #11
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The set that I have saved on my computer is made up of images about 1500-2000 pixels wide. They are all definitely larger than the 1136 pixels that Retina has. When I get a chance, I will resize these images properly. I personally won't use them in iOOTP, but I know some like to so I will still post.

Why ask for something that you already have?
Let's see some of these images you have.

Last edited by thespungo; 04-25-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Since the iPad screen did not change I downloaded iOOTP14 and added the images I used on 2013 and they didn't work. Used the same naming convention and placed them in the same spot as previous years and they didn't work. So not sure what's going on!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Let's see some of these images you have.
I can't for the life of me find the post or the poster of these images over on the OOTP mods boards, but here are some examples.

In the set, the pictures aren't the greatest (some are over/underexposed, and the Citizens Bank Park pic is clearly two images pasted together), but they are all 1600x1200 and could easily be cropped into the iPhone Retina ratio and then easily resized. I could do all of this and you could do the naming as I am not familiar with naming stadiums so they load automatically.

EDIT: The forum automatically lowers the quality of these images. The native pics are all around 1 MB, but the forum lowers them to 300 KB. Also, the bars you see at the bottom one one or two could easily be cropped out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Quote:

Last edited by Ike348; 04-25-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #14
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

I didn't see any high quality stadium images put up on the boards last year, which is why I went ahead and made my own. While I appreciate you looking for useable images, those shots are clearly smaller scaled images up-sized to Retina-scale -- the quality is not what I'm looking for.

Additionally, the Dodgers Stadium shot is outdated.

This should give you an idea of the quality I'm looking for:

Last edited by thespungo; 04-26-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #15
Ike348
All Star Starter

Those images I posted are larger than Retina size. I'll resize them soon and post them here if you can't find yours.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #16
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Those images I posted are larger than Retina size. I'll resize them soon and post them here if you can't find yours.
You're confusing scale and image quality. The images may very well be larger than Retina scale, for whatever reason, but they're most certainly not of high quality.

Someone found low-res images and increased their scale. But the reason they're blurry and pixelated is because their native scale was considerably smaller than Retina size.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #17
Ike348
All Star Starter

Well here it is...

Issues:
- Files are not named correctly. I am not familiar with putting stadiums in iOOTP (because I never use them), so they will need to be properly re-named. Someone else with experience can download and re-name the files.
- Some images are lower quality. Progressive Field and Rogers Centre are the most glaring examples.
- Some images are out of date. Tropicana Field has the old Devil Rays logo behind home plate.
- Heads in the way (Fenway Park)
- Because of the tall ratio of the iPhone 5 screen, some ballpark features, such as scoreboards, are cropped out.
- Images too dark or too light in some cases.

Other than that, I think this pack suffices until thespungo can release his. Hopefully he still has his 2013 pack that he took down for whatever reason. Not a lot has changed in one year.

Link:
MLB Stadiums for iOOTP

Quote:
Old 04-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #18
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Well here it is...

Issues:

- Files are not named correctly. I am not familiar with putting stadiums in iOOTP (because I never use them), so they will need to be properly re-named. Someone else with experience can download and re-name the files.

- Some images are lower quality. Progressive Field and Rogers Centre are the most glaring examples.

- Some images are out of date. Tropicana Field has the old Devil Rays logo behind home plate.

- Heads in the way (Fenway Park)

- Because of the tall ratio of the iPhone 5 screen, some ballpark features, such as scoreboards, are cropped out.

- Images too dark or too light in some cases.

Other than that, I think this pack suffices until thespungo can release his. Hopefully he still has his 2013 pack that he took down for whatever reason. Not a lot has changed in one year.

Link:

MLB Stadiums for iOOTP

Where do they go and what do you name them?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #19
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Where do they go and what do you name them?

I don't know. You would have to search these boards to find out. Like I said, I am not familiar with the automatic loading process of iOOTP. Whenever I load something, such as a stadium, in OOTP, I do it manually.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #20
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Since the iPad screen did not change I downloaded iOOTP14 and added the images I used on 2013 and they didn't work. Used the same naming convention and placed them in the same spot as previous years and they didn't work. So not sure what's going on!

Where in iOOTP 2013 do you put the stadium graphics to work?

Anyone?