Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #61
Freakle
Bat Boy

- i get a runtime error when i include 2 draft picks in a trade (NHL).

- Maybe not an error, but an AI "bug":
It is possible to trade for every unsigned RFA right for basically nothing (e.g. getting Pietrangelo and a pick for Stortini/Staubitz/Career AHL guy.
It is still possible to gain every single right of unsigned draftees from teams (could aquire every right the Canadiens had for Ben Lovejoy).

- if i start a season and turn everything but trades and draft to CPU, the lines get horrible shuffeld (Anaheim: Getzlaf as 4th line RW, Nick Bonino as firstline center), after most of the season the game keeps crashing if i do that, and the savefile is corrupted and can't be opened again / doesn't appear anymore on my pc.

- Daniel Winnik is missing for the Anaheim Ducks.

- switching the Hidden stat "injury proneness" doesn't seem to do anything, after a whole season, my testplayer (Cogliano) got hurt nearly the same amount of time, with one season this value beeing set to 1, one to max.

- if i propose a trade to another team, save the game and resume later, i can't accept that trade, even if they do. There is just the option "discuss trade again" not "accept"

most of my other bugs are allready mentioned above, so i won't repeat them again. (text issues, the trading notifications with nothing in return, crashes in Draft, RFA system still not working)

Last edited by Freakle; 09-04-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Freakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #62
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

When editing players ratings in commish mode including his potentials, a players overall or potential rating never changes which requires a fix.

Also mentioned earlier in the thread, please add the ability to edit the jersey number.

Thanks
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #63
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

I've mentioned it, but I'll write it here too just to make sure it's seen.

There appears to be problems caused by teams protected lists in historical mode. For example:

- Teams are skipping their draft picks entirely. For example, I recently had a draft where 4 of the top 10 picks were skipped.

- High draftees are becoming UFA's at age 18, because teams have no room to sign them, assumingly due to the protected lists. For example, I saw Marian Gaborik get drafted 4th overall, but go unsigned and sign with a new team a month later.

One way to fix this is to get rid of the protected lists completely, or find a way to have the AI automatically remove the lowest rated players from the list when it's almost maxed out. They wouldn't have to release them completely. Just kick them off the protected list.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #64
Freakle
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
When editing players ratings in commish mode including his potentials, a players overall or potential rating never changes which requires a fix.

Also mentioned earlier in the thread, please add the ability to edit the jersey number.

Thanks
it changes the season afterwards
Freakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #65
Merla

Not sure if this has been reported, but after a couple of seasons all teams seem to have at least 100% capacity use (all games are sold out - in every league), and some teams even more:

Last edited by Merla; 09-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #66
Merla

Also, players like Mikhail Grabovski, Charlie Coyle, Marc-André Fleury joining the English league in 2015 is very unrealistic. Same with f.e. Tyler Kennedy and Devin Dubnyk joining the Norwegian league, despite being NHL regulars.

And I doubt Chris Stewart and Simon Despres (after scoring 40 pts in 2014) would join the Swedish 2nd Division in 2015 as well.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #67
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakle View Post
it changes the season afterwards
I would want player edits to refresh/recalc right away to see if I tweaked him too much or not enough
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #68
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When in a game the commentary is just error: category not found.
thebusbybriddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #69
moore4807
All Star Starter

Some bugs found

I started the NHL season managing the Flyers and allowed all leagues to be active... sort of testing the waters after all the complaints I read.
Anyway there are a few minor issues I found with the quick sim (not playing the game) found in a month's worth of play.
1) Rosters - the separate tabs for the NHL and AHL teams should be next to each other, or make it highly visible Ie; team colors on tabs... it's difficult to tell what to do without descriptions or script on screen.
2)There is no "intuitive" script in rosters to tell me if I hold the mouse over the player have it say "right click for options" or something similar. this appears for headers on stats and skills but not for action resolutions
3) The team manager messaging is poor and needs work... There is also a messaging choice in both manager options AND manager news, but neither one seems to work or make a difference since I get injuries for players on teams I never heard of in NHL or AHL... ex.Charlotte Checkers? / Abeline Stars? (ECHL?) no matter what I choose as the level of messages. As a matter of fact the manager news always defaults to personal messages only.
5) Trades need a lot of work - but thats been mostly covered.
6) Lineups - I do like the ice time for the lines, but not being able to line match is disappointing (EHM feature) I regularly put the checking line #4 against the top line #1 and so on... The players also seem to return to 100%rested immediately after the game is over and thats just not realistic, sometimes you need to rest players on back to back days when they are old or out of shape, this feature seems to be missing here.
7)I wish the training was its own tab instead of crammed into the roster screen. There are just so many things you could add to this feature that would add immersiveness to the game IMHO. Perhaps rehab could be added as an option instead of none.

My next month of simming will include actually simming games so I dont think I'll get it done tonight, but I will post when I'm done there.

*** Overall its a good start and offer congratulations on getting this huge project off the ground***
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #70
Papi
All Star Starter

Play by Play also does not track penalties. Your team goes shorthanded, and you have no idea what the penalty is, or who committed it. If the Bruins lose Bergeron, I want the ability to choose who replaces him on the PK.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #71
Muero
Bat Boy

On OS X, the app runs fine the first time after installation, but every time after that, it looks totally messed up. Reinstallation makes it run fine, but again only once, before messing up again.
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffR; 09-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Muero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #72
yzerwing
All Star Starter

2 way contract offer issue: When offering 2 way deals:

1) Most refuse them (ie. young players not good enough for the NHL yet)
2) Can't change the values to lower then the NHL contract
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #73
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have offered a bunch of extensions to key players (Kessel, Phaneuf, Reimer and Gardiner) and they are not responding to them. Now my 'money for FAs' is -4.5 million, even though none of the extensions have been accepted and I have $5m spare cap right now.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #74
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Schedule issue. Its great that the Olympic break schedule made it in, but it happening in non Olympic years isn't.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #75
BryceG
Bat Boy

A couple of Issues/Bugs in Historical Leagues

Hi there I have had a couple issues in running a historical league 1986 as the Oilers

1) First I was able to sign both Theo Fleury and M Recchi as 17 year old free agents rather then them going through the amateur draft which is what I set in the original league settings?

2) After signing the players it put me over the 50 player protected list and I was unable to find a way to release players from the protected list? I did turn on the assistant GM and it released players for me but manually I could not do it?

3) Maybe I am missing something but I was unable to find players stats for my team alone? I could only view league player stats?

Otherwise happy with the game so far.

Cheers Bryce
BryceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #76
even worse username
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
I use a MAC with a trackpad. Many times the game does not respond to my clicks. I would say more than 50% of the time there is no response. I believe this is a problem.
I second this. Very unresponsive to trackpad clicks, which becomes exasperating in a great hurry.
even worse username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #77
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceG View Post
Hi there I have had a couple issues in running a historical league 1986 as the Oilers

1) First I was able to sign both Theo Fleury and M Recchi as 17 year old free agents rather then them going through the amateur draft which is what I set in the original league settings?

2) After signing the players it put me over the 50 player protected list and I was unable to find a way to release players from the protected list? I did turn on the assistant GM and it released players for me but manually I could not do it?

3) Maybe I am missing something but I was unable to find players stats for my team alone? I could only view league player stats?

Otherwise happy with the game so far.

Cheers Bryce
The first question is a known issue, I think they may have fixed it, but that will come in a patch on Friday or Saturday, I think.

Your second qusetion, I am not 100% sure about, but I think that if you go to the player protection tab, and right click on their names, it will let you lapse their rights. If you are talking about contracted players, then you either trade them or wait for the off-season and buy them out.

Your third question: go to your team, their is an info tab, click on that and their are lots of options to pick from, one of them is the stats for your team.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #78
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGDK View Post
Something seems a bit....off here. I've just started a new save, made one signing (which isn't mentioned in the attached news article). Is this team *that* good? Not from what I can tell looking at the league, but...?

What do you think?
May be legitimate, actually. Solway seems to have higher ratings than the rest of the league. I don't know much about low-level UK hockey, but their Wikipedia page seems to indicate they're pretty successful.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #79
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

I had detroit offer me : nothing
for a player....
ok ken holland your not that great of GM to get me to go for that. message ID 3692
Attached Images
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #80
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

Can get the game to get to the date of July.1.2014. Playing in the NHL on a mac.
ThePerfectDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote