Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
DMOAS
New User

Future Improvements

I could probably drop this into the current thread, but I feel that's become a bit cumbersome to navigate and I was seeing a lot of individual suggestions. I have laundry list of things I'd love to see added to the game. he way I play the game, I tend to stretch the software to its limits and the result is I encounter issues such as unexpected bugs, as well as interface complications and whatnot. Some of the features I’d love to see are partly based on expanding those limits, fixing some holes in the program, and making some tasks simply easier to accomplish.

At rate, I was hoping to see what the community thought of some of these and which, if any, would others who likewise expand the limits of the game, may find useful.

So here goes my list:

• The ability to add more than two leagues. Set Sub Leagues up as powers of 2 so that you can expand the traditional league settings to something more. Currently I can run upwards of 64 leagues (having to combine them as an association). The result works, but it’s clunky and requires going to 32 different Leagues and repeating all the settings and hoping I don’t miss something. Visually it’s hard to work with and gameplay wise execution leaves something to be desired.
  • Additional League Settings:
    • Control the number of innings played, defaulting to 9. Think little league and other leagues that go fewer than 9 innings.
    • Option to setup Mercy Rule(s)
    • Option to select/unselect coaches, jobs available.
    • Expand on HS & College levels rather than treating them as feeder leagues only
      • Options to allow only 4 consecutive years in the league (Freshman - Senior)
      • College red shirt year availability
      • Option of non-draft leagues to get filled by players based on team/coach popularity, team success
      • Transfer rules
    • Allow for non-drafted players from feeder leagues to either go back to their original team (if they qualify) OR become free agents ONLY within the drafting league
    • Set a specific date for eligibility based on age so that when players “age out” they can still go back to the team (if they were on the DL or called up) if they still qualify based on that date. As it is now (if actually works when it often doesn’t), they can’t go back once their age is too high)
    • In season tournaments. Allow for teams to break for scheduled tournaments that may or may not count towards their standings either based on record, random, or pre-determined.
  • Expand playoff model:
    • All “Round Robin” play beyond the first playoff round, up to but excluding the “Finals”.
    • For Round Robin rounds, allow more than 4 teams (similar to how Tournaments are) rather than only allow 4 teams per Group
    • Set number of days played for the round beyond RR, so best or 3 in 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, etc.
    • Allow scheduled Double Header in playoffs
    • Allow games “Spotted” in playoff round. Ex. Division winner gets spotted a game against a WC team in best of 3 wild card round
    • Set different home/away rules for each individual series. Ex. Best in league plays best of 5 all at home against WC team while two division winners play a 2 - 2 - 1.
  • Add scheduling options:
    • Set days of the week allowed to be played
    • Option to set number of games per team, division, sub-league instead of an absolute number (or in addition to an absolute number)
  • Allow leagues to share spring training, be split among multiple “Spring Training Leagues”
  • The ability to copy or create templates for settings to be used in future/other leagues, either in whole or in part
  • Set Stat rules: innings required for a win, outs for save, etc.
  • Set pitch limit rules: think LLWS, pitch counts days between games depending on pitch counts, etc.
  • When expanding leagues, allow future expansion with options.
    • Don’t require new teams to start immediately, allow option to set several years into the future
    • Include team(s) in draft during wait period to build up minor league teams.
    • Allow future re-alignment to be set while adding teams rather than prior to addition/post addition

Deeper levels of micromanaging/relationships
  • Interaction with staff
    • Offer in-game suggestions, pitching coach on whether to warm someone up, stick with someone, etc. Bench coach offering strategy.
    • Relationship levels, following their advice leads to them being more comfortable, satisfied with their job. Not following may harm their relationship, all depending on the type of person/coach.
  • Player interaction
    • Off season focus for player development
      • GM/Manager Relationship with player and/or other coach’s relationship with player along with player makeup determines the effort put in and/or willingness to commit as well how well it helps their improvements
      • Depending on the type of focus or how much is asked of them and their commitment increases likelihood of success as well as potential injury risk
      • Depending on player makeup and what’s asked of them may result in attempts to cheat along with potential risk of suspension.
    • In season advice for breaking ruts, improving play, maintaining focus
    • Complaints over playing time, asking for rest, etc.

• Major overhaul to endurance:
    • Make Spring Training mean something, including if it’s skipped.
    • Have actual max endurance, possible max endurance, current endurance
      • Start at player’s baseline and build up their current max towards a possible max.
      • Lack of playing time or DL time reduces maxes and require it to be built up through a rehab assignment or other means. Don’t just allow them to be thrown in and have them immediate have full endurance. Or a reliever to magically have a starter’s endurance overnight.
      • Have season and career endurance maxes
        • Hitting their max in this case starts a decline in performance for both the season and career. Pushing too far risk increases their long term/career threatening injury risk (think Tommy John Surgery, etc.)
        • Rest can build it back up, but limited to the point where making starters better suited to be relievers/back ups/platoons/etc to maximize performance
  • Rivalries
    • Team Rivalries, either based on their division, frequent meetings, or big games (playoffs, tight races, etc.)
    • Player/personal rivalries, based on past experiences or competition, or history (hit too many times, shown up, too much success, etc.)
    • “Clutch” rating. Some players will lock in better during these games, others will play poorer.
    • More fan excitement depending on the type of rivalry
    • Rivalry “meter” that can go up and down depending on the intensity of the rivalry. Rivalries would need to be fed and can “die off”
DMOAS is offline   Reply With Quote