Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Enough with the expansion already!

My fictional league is in roughly its 47th year. My divisions are 7/7/6, for a total of 40 teams. I just got notified that we are expanding again.

Enough already. Is there something I can do to prevent this from going forward? Some kind of setting or flag I can change? I know I can turn off all rule changes, but I don't want to. Just no more expansion.

As a matter of fact, is there a fairly simple way to CONTRACT a few teams?

Thanks
Critical Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:42 AM   #2
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

I'm not at my computer at the moment but it's a setting under either league settings or global settings. It's for Automatic Evolution of your league. Uncheck the box for Expansion but leave the others checked that you want to keep. I generally now only have the more/less hitting and pitching ones checked these days.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:14 AM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Just a warning, if you contract, you should double-check your minors!
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Just a warning, if you contract, you should double-check your minors!
Ok... thanks... but what am I checking for? Is it as simple as just deleting a few teams and everyone becomes a FA?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

On another note, I unchecked the "Expansion" box, but now on Nov 24, the game is forcing me to submit a prorection list. I backed up the game on Day 1 of the Offseason, so I can go back.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, now that the league has decided to expand, checking the box will merely prevent it from happening again. So you are either stuck with this expansion, or you need to go back to your back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Anybody? Still looking to contract a few teams and I'm looking for suggestions in how to do it, when to do it, and what to watch out for.

I imagine it's as simple as deleting the teams, but do I do it Day 1 of the Offseason, or wait until the rest of the FA file?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

If you are looking to “unexpand” the new teams that haven’t actually had an expansion draft, no question the cleanest way to do it is to go back to your recent save prior to the last expansion.

If you have teams that are active and have filled rosters, have played seasons, etc., and you want to contract them, I would suggest:

a. If you keep an almanac, I would do it on the day after the almanac runs, or else your contracted teams’ last season won’t be in the almanac.
b. Release all players from those teams
c. Delete the teams

I would SUPER highly suggest you do a full backup before doing this. And honestly, it wouldn’t hurt to sim a year into the future and poke around just to make sure nothing went wonky. (Then restore back to that save when you are ready to play again.)

Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

Caveat: I have never done this before. This is just my recommendation based on my sometimes limited understanding of the game.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
Critical Mass
Minors (Triple A)

Well I have already simmed a season since the original post, so those teams are here for now. However, I don't want to keep 42 teams. Would like to get back down to 36.

I was thinking of looking at the worst teams in Market size and Interest and getting rid of them. One team each league every few years.

May have to realign divisions also. The NY Mets moved to Albuquerque and are still in the NL East.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Mass View Post
Well I have already simmed a season since the original post, so those teams are here for now. However, I don't want to keep 42 teams. Would like to get back down to 36.

I was thinking of looking at the worst teams in Market size and Interest and getting rid of them. One team each league every few years.

May have to realign divisions also. The NY Mets moved to Albuquerque and are still in the NL East.
Yeah then I would use that second method I mentioned.

Again, I'd be really cautious about backing up and retaining that backup ANY time you mess with the league structure. The LAST thing you want is to make a change, then move forward without a backup in place, and find out a season later that the restructure badly affected something you hadn't considered. To be clear, what I mean is, make a backup before you make the change, and set that backup file entirely aside and don't touch it unless you need to revert your league structure changes.

Make sure you have another regular backup in place as you move forward with your game.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

and give each backup a unique name, so you don't just write over the last one and lose older backups which you MAY need.

i'd also drop 2 teams at a time, if it were me. The game doesn't like odd number of teams as far as making schedules. But in mods you probably can find any schedule you need. i had to add a team to my mess as i couldn't get the game to accept the mod schedule. i did something wrong and couldn't figure it out with my league structure, so i just added a team and let the game create a working schedule.

just a heads up, just in case. and as battists says. backup every time you plan to make changes, back up before hand. good luck and enjoy.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #13
mso94
Major Leagues

Well Im still looking for the spot to clcik this.

Im using 19
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote