Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Getting Ready to Promote and Relegate... Need Advice

Need help and advice for promotion and relegation.

I have two leagues that are equal... both with 10 reputation.

The manual says that one league must have a lower reputation.

Is this required for Promotion/Relegation?

Do I need to make one league a 9 instead of a 10 for this to work well?

Both of my leagues are supposed to be equal in talent and league reputation...both are rated 10 in reputation... I call them First Division and Second Division, but the First Division isn't suppose to be superior to the Second Division... that's the way I named them.

I will relegate or demote the bottom two teams in my First Division to the Second Division... and promote the top two teams in my Second Division to the First Division... I will do it manually... I was advised that it is better to do it manually rather than let the AI do it automatically.

Please advise... I don't want to mess this league up... I really enjoy it.

Would appreciate any other tips as well.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-15-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:08 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Well, I guess nobody knows anything about Promotion and Relegation in OOTP19.

I will just make sure I have everything backed up and give it a try.

I think I know how to do it in theory.

Wish me luck.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Good luck, would love to hear how it goes as I've wanted to do a promotion/relegation league as well but haven't finished the season to see how it turned out.

I do have one question, though, if the leagues are equal, why are teams being promoted/relegated from it? Doesn't being relegated to a league imply that it is a lesser league?
damonrusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonrusst View Post
Good luck, would love to hear how it goes as I've wanted to do a promotion/relegation league as well but haven't finished the season to see how it turned out.

I do have one question, though, if the leagues are equal, why are teams being promoted/relegated from it? Doesn't being relegated to a league imply that it is a lesser league?
Yes, you are correct... I found this out on the OOTP20 Forum... got a few replies there... no response on OOTP19... apparently most people go to the latest version of the game... I'm just stubborn and want both leagues' talent to be equal... I was told the main reason for the reputation difference was to give the free agents some choice in where they wanted to play... I don't use free agents... no financials... no free agency... So I will just leave them both as 10 reputation and hope it works.

I will make certain to back the league up before I promote and relegate... will let you know how things go in the next week or so.

You might want to check out that thread... there's some good information.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-19-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

All went very smoothly in the Promotion/Relegation of my two leagues.

The two worst teams in one league were demoted to the other division... and the two best teams in one division were promoted to the other division.

I kept both leagues at a 10 Reputation... I don't use financials… if you use financials, you must give each league a different reputation setting.
I think I will have manually redo the league schedule.

Just triple check all of your Promotion/Relegation Settings for each league before you do it.

And BACK THEM UP, TOO!

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-20-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey Eugene,

You might want to do what I have been doing...it has been a blast.

Just 1 league, but I have prom relg in the league itself
So say a 28 team league
I have 2 divisions
Elite Level (20 teams), Division 2 (8 low financial teams to start)

Here comes the fun.
At the end of the season the top 4 teams ONLY from the elite level play in the playoff automatic. A 5th wildcard can come from either division, hence the div 2 leader could make the playoff but only as the 5 wildcard no mater how good their record.

At the end of the year I manually move the top 2 division 2 teams up, and I drop the bottom 2 elite level teams down. Basically win your way up to try and compete at a higher level.

There are advantages for doing so. The 2 promoted teams draft 1-2 in the amateur draft. I make the draft all 21 year old (teams have only 1 minor league) and I make the top 5 players a boost in current talent...normally a batter comes in at 40% of his avoid k, and 50% of his power. I make it 60 and 70 so they are almost right there in the majors or later in the year. I bump the top 5 pitchers too (so make it more like an NHL draft with players very close to ready). Drafts help teams immensely.

the rest of the draft runs down the second division, then up the first division.

To simulate the more player movement in prom releg I have only 5 years till FA, sometimes I use 4 if I want to get really wild, and have only 1 year until arbitration. Have a player have to pay him...just like prom-releg is for.

I can no tell you how much fun this is. When your team is in the lower level...you cant just finish last and suck, for you are stuck with draft #8 then, you have to work to play your way to the upper division. If you are in the upper div, you have to maybe trade away a young guy for someone to keep you in the top 18 and not drop down.

And with this only being 1 league, finances are all teh same, as are schedules, everything runs like a normal league, just 2 teams go up, 2 teams go down, and I alter the draft.

Really I recommend it.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Hey Eugene,

You might want to do what I have been doing...it has been a blast.

Just 1 league, but I have prom relg in the league itself
So say a 28 team league
I have 2 divisions
Elite Level (20 teams), Division 2 (8 low financial teams to start)

Here comes the fun.
At the end of the season the top 4 teams ONLY from the elite level play in the playoff automatic. A 5th wildcard can come from either division, hence the div 2 leader could make the playoff but only as the 5 wildcard no mater how good their record.

At the end of the year I manually move the top 2 division 2 teams up, and I drop the bottom 2 elite level teams down. Basically win your way up to try and compete at a higher level.

There are advantages for doing so. The 2 promoted teams draft 1-2 in the amateur draft. I make the draft all 21 year old (teams have only 1 minor league) and I make the top 5 players a boost in current talent...normally a batter comes in at 40% of his avoid k, and 50% of his power. I make it 60 and 70 so they are almost right there in the majors or later in the year. I bump the top 5 pitchers too (so make it more like an NHL draft with players very close to ready). Drafts help teams immensely.

the rest of the draft runs down the second division, then up the first division.

To simulate the more player movement in prom releg I have only 5 years till FA, sometimes I use 4 if I want to get really wild, and have only 1 year until arbitration. Have a player have to pay him...just like prom-releg is for.

I can no tell you how much fun this is. When your team is in the lower level...you cant just finish last and suck, for you are stuck with draft #8 then, you have to work to play your way to the upper division. If you are in the upper div, you have to maybe trade away a young guy for someone to keep you in the top 18 and not drop down.

And with this only being 1 league, finances are all teh same, as are schedules, everything runs like a normal league, just 2 teams go up, 2 teams go down, and I alter the draft.

Really I recommend it.
Thanks for taking the time to share this with me... much appreciate it.