Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

My SP is a 3B

I just got OOTP 20 a week ago and I found my first inconsistency. I was going thru the Royals draft and, in the 8th Round, they picked a SP. When I clicked on his profile, he was a 3B. His alternate positions were 2B and SS. The scouting report was even a third baseman's description. Nothing about being a pitcher anywhere.
Help!

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 10-17-2019 at 12:20 AM.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I just went back to look over the first couple of rounds of the same draft (2019) and there are a LOT of positions wrongly listed. The very first pick by the Orioles was a RP and when you click on his profile, he was a 3B. The entire report was about him as a 3B. There were many inconsistencies like this through the first four or five rounds!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

It's likely that the player was a two-player in college and has two way skills, so that can happen, especially if your Assistant GM has control over your minor leagues. You can always change him back to a SP by right clicking and going to the set position option in the drop down menu, where you can reset him to an SP. If you really want to make sure your Minor league AI doesn't move him back, you can right click and go to game strategy and use the force start/use option and set him to the position you'd like him to use.

edit: as for the scouting report issue, you can either wait for the monthly scouting report to update that information, or assign your scout to re-scout the player. The scout will only do the report on the position he is listed as, so make sure they're in the position you want before that updates.

Last edited by DrTobiasFunke; 11-04-2019 at 04:48 PM.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote