Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
turn2643
Bat Boy

New to OOTP 14. How do I...

I just switched from Strat-o-matic and I like to play all star teams based on players best year. For example the Yankees have 06Jeter , 27 Gehrig, 12 Cano, etc. I have played around and read through but I still have not figured out how to do this. Is this even possible to do? I can't find the directories that I am even supposed to add Free Agents to. Please Help!
turn2643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Read through the manual on how to structure a custom historical league. For your immediate question, go here. You will have to know and select the players' best years to import.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
turn2643
Bat Boy

When I try to import anyone from historical_database.odb it says error. when i try to import lets say Babe Ruth from 1921 I put in ruthba01 rear 1921 and it says error. Do I have to install anything else? I can not figure this out.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Did you check out the quick starts included with the game?

there is an All-Time greatest...30 major league teams with the 40 best players ever to play on them...

There is also Seamheads laundry league, the 1200 greatest players ever to play the game in a "Fantasty Draft" start with 30 teams...maybe you could work with one of those files until you get it figured out.

They already have the players you are looking for at least, the All Time Greatest is heavily weighted towords the players best season from what I understand

Hope this helps ya
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
turn2643
Bat Boy

Thanks. I'll keep playing around with it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn2643 View Post
When I try to import anyone from historical_database.odb it says error. when i try to import lets say Babe Ruth from 1921 I put in ruthba01 rear 1921 and it says error. Do I have to install anything else? I can not figure this out.
Are you hitting the blue button next to the import from txt file ..after you select the database to use??...don't do that..that's only for inputting players from a .txt file list that you create.
To import players one at a time, Just enter the player's ID and then hit the bottom Import player button. See the screenie:
Attached Images
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote