Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #81
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Graziano-Papp

New York Daily Star

PAPP TAKES UD FROM ROCKY
Floors Graziano In Second

November 27, 1950

By Jimmy Wallwork
If there were any doubts about Olympic gold medalist Laszlo Papp, let them be put to rest. The Hungarian slugger, who fled from his homeland when the Reds took over and made him a marked man, proved to the world last night that he's deserving to wear the world middleweight crown by virture of his one-sided win over ex-champ Rocky Graziano.

To be sure Rocky has been on the decline. Still he possesses a punch that's stonger than a mule's kick. But young Laszlo took the best that Graziano could give, blinked, cleared his head, and just fought on.

Not known for his boxing skills, Graziano sought to trade on his assets...a powerful punch that could take out a heavyweight. And he landed his bombs. But Papp, so ever well-braced, took each and every shot.

And to complicate things for the former champ, the young Hungarian just fired back, at least, two shots for every one he took.

By my accounting, I'll nominate round four as "Round of the Year". Graziano came out of the chute swinging, blasting bombs. Yet the young Papp, displaying skills way beyond his young years, was able to dodge and duck pretty much everything that Graziano offered.
As Graziano flailed away, Papp avoided Rocky's intended efforts, and effectively countered with blows to everything above Graziano's trunks.

In the end, there was no suspense when the judges' cards were read.

Papp took the unanimous decision with readings of 99-90, 96-93, and 98-91.

It's sad to see what appears to be the tail end of Graziano's career. He certainly had given the sport an unmatched color and panache.

But don't despond, dear boxing fans.

Laszlo Papp is a star, burning bright, in the boxing world. He's got the potential to be one of the greats, and we're all very fortunate to be along for the ride!

professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #82
Lee
Global Moderator

Welcome back!!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #83
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Thank you! It feels wonderful to be back in the forum.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #84
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

Hi Prof

I have just downloaded your edited MW version of LP for my all time uni.

Did you ever rate him at WW or even JMW?

If so I would love to see your work!

Cheers

ps. When is Papp fighting again?
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #85
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quest for the middleweight crown!

Now that Laszlo "disposed" of Graziano...he'll start working his way to a middleweight title shot.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #86
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Since I returned as an active member of the forum, I've had a few "PMs" concerning this thread.

Will it continue...or did I walk away from it?

My plan is to work it through to its conclusion.

Here's my problem...I'm doing some substantial renovations in my home, and my collection of The Ring (1949-1979) are in various boxes.

Unlike the Total Eclipse of the Sonny, I need to do a lot of research to move forward with this Laszlo Papp universe.

If it all works according to schedule, that is if you can ever trust contractors, I should have this thread up and running in the early part of January.

For those who've expressed an interest in Papp's "Lost Years", thank you for your support.

And thank you very much for your patience!

Last edited by professordp; 12-13-2014 at 02:31 PM.