Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
mhagen24
Bat Boy

Lightbulb College Game Mode

This is something that I would love. You can have a MLB, regular game mode like we have now. Rather than adding a college system into a Standard game, have the college game mode be a thing in and of itself. I've been experimenting with ways to make a college baseball world but scout ratings are always skewed to the best COLLEGE players not necessarily best in regards to MLB scouting unless you add a Major League to the game. You have to closely monitor when players turn 22, but we have 23 year old college baseball players so this may end up cutting players who have only played 3 seasons. Most importantly, there's no way to simulate recruiting! It would require an extensive system outside of the game, requiring to export info from the game and create some sort of external simulation. There are so many cool features that could be added to a college baseball simulation such as player development strategies, hiring a coaching staff based on ability to scout, recruit, and develop pitchers and batters. Discovering unknown players throughout the country to bring in as walk-ons (similar to International Complex in a standard game).

Teams could have different prestige ratings to influence recruiting, number of players drafted out of that college could influence the rating as well as intice recruits. Facility ratings could be a factor of recruiting, having academics become a factor in eligibility and type of players a school recruits. Having Top 25 polls, trying to earn an at-large bid to the CWS. If you have a stud you may lose him once he becomes a Junior (when college players become draft eligible again). There are so many ways to go in-depth to make an incredibly cool and addictive college baseball game mode.

I've exhausted myself trying to come up with a system, and I'll likely keep trying until a game mode is made. There is no college baseball simulation in and of itself, I feel that if anyone makes one it should be OOTP and make it a game mode within the game itself.

This is my wish for OOTP 21 or OOTP 22

Last edited by mhagen24; 02-16-2020 at 04:54 PM.
mhagen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I would pay additional for this as DLC for sure.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

Yeah I’d be in on this too
DD Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
Storm12
Bat Boy

Agreed, this would make OOTP perfect in my opinion.
Storm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:16 AM   #5
itsmb8
All Star Starter

I would definitely pay an extra $20-30 to have this, no question.

Awhile back I was thinking about the idea of creating a completely different save for the college and high school leagues and every offseason having a way to export the high school players into a module that would give them a college team or "enter them in the draft" based on their stats, high school location, etc. and export the college players and those high school players that chose to enter the draft into a draft class that i could import into my professional leagues save, but that would all be really complicated and i dont have the skills to do something like that either.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:26 AM   #6
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
A few small upgrades have made college leagues slightly easier to do now.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #7
reme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagen24 View Post
This is something that I would love. You can have a MLB, regular game mode like we have now. Rather than adding a college system into a Standard game, have the college game mode be a thing in and of itself. I've been experimenting with ways to make a college baseball world but scout ratings are always skewed to the best COLLEGE players not necessarily best in regards to MLB scouting unless you add a Major League to the game. You have to closely monitor when players turn 22, but we have 23 year old college baseball players so this may end up cutting players who have only played 3 seasons. Most importantly, there's no way to simulate recruiting! It would require an extensive system outside of the game, requiring to export info from the game and create some sort of external simulation. There are so many cool features that could be added to a college baseball simulation such as player development strategies, hiring a coaching staff based on ability to scout, recruit, and develop pitchers and batters. Discovering unknown players throughout the country to bring in as walk-ons (similar to International Complex in a standard game).

Teams could have different prestige ratings to influence recruiting, number of players drafted out of that college could influence the rating as well as intice recruits. Facility ratings could be a factor of recruiting, having academics become a factor in eligibility and type of players a school recruits. Having Top 25 polls, trying to earn an at-large bid to the CWS. If you have a stud you may lose him once he becomes a Junior (when college players become draft eligible again). There are so many ways to go in-depth to make an incredibly cool and addictive college baseball game mode.

I've exhausted myself trying to come up with a system, and I'll likely keep trying until a game mode is made. There is no college baseball simulation in and of itself, I feel that if anyone makes one it should be OOTP and make it a game mode within the game itself.

This is my wish for OOTP 21 or OOTP 22

Understanding this is a request for future games, but just In case you are not already aware, there is a college mod that someone has already made . Not sure if it works for 2020, but assume it would. search mods section for WOCB19.

hope this helps for you to at least play a college league now.

Last edited by reme; 03-01-2020 at 09:10 PM.
reme is offline   Reply With Quote