Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Dynasty Report: My own version of money ball

This is the first dynasty report i have done, I will be creating a team using my own variation of what Billy Beane did. I will be looking for guys that fly under the radar, but are good defenders, aren't insanely slow, walk, and hit doubles. For the rotation I will be looking for veterans that don't walk guys, throw strikes, and eat innings. I will also load up the back end of the bullpen.

I will be using the Athletics to do this, since they were the original moneyball team. At the beginning I will likely be making an unrealistic amount of transactions to put together a team I want, and will update this thread as I see fit!

Since this is my first dynasty report, I'd love some tips to make it as interesting as possible to read.
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
CapeBretonBaseball
Bat Boy

Interested!

Really interested in this dynasty! Can't wait for it to unfold!
CapeBretonBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

First days of the Job

Tuesday, March 27th, 2018.

26 year old Jordan Wayne hears his phone ring, he picks it up, hoping it’s the call he’s been waiting for. When he answers he hears “Hi Jordan, it’s John Fisher, the owner of the Oakland Athletics. We’d love to have you as our General Manager, and return this franchise to its former glory. Come by the park and we can discuss some goals I’d like you to accomplish.” It has become official, Jordan Wayne is now the youngest GM in Major League Baseball history.

Later that day, Wayne stops by Oakland Coliseum, he’s emphatic to have some objectives to accomplish. He walks into John Fisher’s office, and takes a seat. “First things first,” says Fisher, “I’d like you to shoot for 76-84 wins this year, I think that’s doable with this group of guys. We also need an upgrade in centerfield, a platoon of Matt Joyce and Herschel Powell isn’t going to get it done. As for long term objectives, I’d appreciate if you sign Jonathan Lucroy to an extension, and make the playoffs within the next 5 years.”

(Goals: Play Close to .500 ball, Upgrade at Center Field this season, sign Jonathan Lucroy to an extension, Keep Building up your team, in order to reach the playoffs in the next 5 seasons)

Wayne takes some time that night to mull over the roster, and he sees no reason to promote or demote any players. However, he looks over available free agents, and does see a player he thinks fits on this team. 34 year old, 8 year veteran, and former Oakland Athletic, Left fielder Brandon Moss. The team has no budget, so he looks to move a player to clear cap space. He thinks to himself, “The contract of Marcus Semien is one I’d like to have off the books, he doesn’t fit into what I’m trying to do anyways. Doesn’t take ball 4 very often, and is not a very efficient defender. Lets see what I can get for him.” Wayne gets word that Colorado has made 24 year old, potential inning eater Kyle Freeland available. He calls up Jeff Bridich, and asks about his interest in Semien. Bridich states that he would like to add Semien to the roster. Wayne also wants to dump 33 year old relief pitcher Chris Hatcher. He finds two young Rockies he likes. 26 year old 1B Jordan Patterson, and the 23 year old pitcher Yency Almonte. He proposes Semien and Hatcher, along with Xavier Altamirano, a low A ball Starting pitcher, for Freeland, Patterson, and Almonte. Bridich says “No reason to wait, this offer looks good to me, lets make it happen”. Wayne has now made his first transaction as a GM, dumping players that don’t fit his system, acquiring players that do, and making cap space in the process.

(Transaction: Oakland Receives: Kyle Freeland, Jordan Patterson (sent to AAA) , Yency Almonte (sent to AA).
Colorado Receives: Marcus Semien, Chris Hatcher, Xavier Altamirano)

While that move freed up some space, Wayne finds out he still needs more to offer Moss the contract he would like to give him, 1 year, $2,750,000. He sees two players with contracts he’d like to move, Yusmeiro Petit, and Matt Joyce, he does not see how they fit into his plan. Wayne knows exactly who he wants, the perfect center fielder for this team, Andrew Toles from the LA Dodgers. He sends out a skype request to Dodgers GM, Farhan Zaidi, hoping he picks up. Jordan is relieved when the call goes through, he says immeditaly, he needs Toles, and is willing to give up Petit and Joyce. Zaidi demands that if Wayne is going to dump the contract of Petit on the Dodgers as well as Joyce, he wants his guy too. The veteran GM says he wants Grant Holmes, a 22 year old minor leaguer. Jordan Wayne hurridly searches through some numbers and reports, and sees that Grant Holmes has struggled throughout his 4 years in the minors, but has a good work ethic. He is hesitant to give up a hard worker, but the thought of Toles and Moss in an Oakland uniform is too good to pass up. He accepts.

(Transaction: Oakland Recieves: Andrew Toles
Los Angeles Recieves: Matt Joyce, Yusmerio Petit, Grant Holmes)

Wayne packs up his papers, says goodnight to the janitorial crew, and heads home. “Successful first day as a GM,” He thinks to himself, “I wonder what this job has in store for me next.”

Wednesday, March 28th, 2018.

The Oakland Athletics General Manager was estatcic to get to his office today, because he only had one thing on his mind. Sign Brandon Moss. Knowing Moss lives in Oakland, Wayne leaves a voice message for Moss’ agent, tells him that he would love to add his client to the roster, and they can stop by his office at any time today to discuss a contract.

When Moss and his agent show up, he wastes no time, and gives them a formal offer of 1 Year, $2,800,000. They acknowledge the offer and will inform the team in upcoming days. With opening day less 24 hours away, Wayne sees no transactions to be made, and sets his lineup.

I know these were long, and in the future, updates will be nowhere near this long (unless you guys enjoy the length). I just felt as if I had a lot to write about. Since this is my first time writing a dynasty report feel free to leaves tips/advice/critique. If anyone has any questions please let me know, excited to share this with you guys!
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Length is perfect, definitely not too long. Keep up the good work!