Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #201
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

That's pretty awesome! Thabks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #202
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Baker Bowl Uploaded !
Attached Images
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #203
zappa1
All Star Starter

Baker Bowl is absolutely awesome. Remember when vandals painted "and they still stink" under the Lifebouy sign? lol
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #204
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Busch Stadium II uploaded!
Attached Images
Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #205
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Baker Bowl Uploaded !
This is fantastic, you are my new favorite person! I keep hitting refresh looking for Ebbets Field and Griffith to be completed...ha! My second major league is going to be getting all new/old ball parks next year. I love having modern fictional teams playing in historic ball parks. Thank you for your work here!!!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #206
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Updated my original post with all of the stadiums I plan to do. Wish I had some help taking these on.

I have to admit, this is not like the old days of creating uniform/logo projects and having guys like cephasjames constantly contributing. Pretty much the Lone Ranger here.
Just want to say my pace could slow a bit as I am getting remarried next week and the summer is going to be busy.

With all of that said, I am absolutely addicted to creating these historical stadiums. I love learning about these parks, the dimensions, the wall heights, the nooks and crannys that each one has is truly amazing.

As a kid, I always had an interest in the different stadiums and loved the uniqueness of each and how it affected the games. Now I am truly building these from a diagram. Really cool!

One thing I am surprised about is how much fun it is to build the cookie cutter stadiums. They are, after all mostly similar, but I think that drives me to be extra detailed in things like bleachers and scoreboards. You may see that in my work.

Well sorry for the long post. Sitting here at work thinking of how I'm going to build the huge jack Murphy stadium scoreboard and surrounding bleachers in the 80's version.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #207
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
This is fantastic, you are my new favorite person! I keep hitting refresh looking for Ebbets Field and Griffith to be completed...ha! My second major league is going to be getting all new/old ball parks next year. I love having modern fictional teams playing in historic ball parks. Thank you for your work here!!!

Those should be coming in the next day or two (maybe tonight) just have to import into OOTP and configure
Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #208
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Updated my original post with all of the stadiums I plan to do. Wish I had some help taking these on.

I have to admit, this is not like the old days of creating uniform/logo projects and having guys like cephasjames constantly contributing. Pretty much the Lone Ranger here.
Just want to say my pace could slow a bit as I am getting remarried next week and the summer is going to be busy.

With all of that said, I am absolutely addicted to creating these historical stadiums. I love learning about these parks, the dimensions, the wall heights, the nooks and crannys that each one has is truly amazing.

As a kid, I always had an interest in the different stadiums and loved the uniqueness of each and how it affected the games. Now I am truly building these from a diagram. Really cool!

One thing I am surprised about is how much fun it is to build the cookie cutter stadiums. They are, after all mostly similar, but I think that drives me to be extra detailed in things like bleachers and scoreboards. You may see that in my work.

Well sorry for the long post. Sitting here at work thinking of how I'm going to build the huge jack Murphy stadium scoreboard and surrounding bleachers in the 80's version.

I wish I could pitch in dude. I actually tried last year, but it got so frustrating. Everything I brought in (mostly 3D warehouse stuff would come in black)

The problem with it is time... it takes so much time to learn how to do it. And that's why we're so grateful for what you're doing. I wish there was more we could do for you aside from offering gratitude.

It's pretty remarkable that you learned this whole thing from scratch.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #209
zappa1
All Star Starter

I agree. Can't thank him enough. I'm having trouble just replying to posts. hahaha

Last edited by zappa1; 05-18-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #210
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

It is time consuming, but like anything, you learn some tricks here and there. The biggest time component I think is simply making sure every face has both sides painted with the right texture.

Also getting the stands sections to look right takes a lot of micromanagement, but for the sake of accuracy, I don't mind doing it.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #211
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

I'm willing to pay $4.99 per park if you want to start charging. If you can do $14.99 for park packs of 5 that would be nice. I'd be willing to subscribe on a yearly basis as long as you can promise at least 4 park packs per year
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #212
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
I'm willing to pay $4.99 per park if you want to start charging. If you can do $14.99 for park packs of 5 that would be nice. I'd be willing to subscribe on a yearly basis as long as you can promise at least 4 park packs per year

Wow, that's generous, but there is no way I could accept money.

I just enjoy doing it and I promise to keep them coming, just probably not always at this feverish pace
Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #213
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I have a question. Could you do the Oakland A's stadium from the 1980's? It be so cool if you can remove the big ugly Mount Davis(The seating Al Davis did for the Raiders) in the outfield.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #214
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
I have a question. Could you do the Oakland A's stadium from the 1980's? It be so cool if you can remove the big ugly Mount Davis(The seating Al Davis did for the Raiders) in the outfield.

I think you requested this earlier and my answer is yes, I will get to that eventually as well as angel stadium from the 80's. If you look army original post, I have posted the list of parks I have finished, am working on, and plan to work on
Old 05-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #215
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
If you look in the fictional ballparks, I think there's a ballpark that is very similar to Oakland Alameda County Coliseum. Could be a good stand in...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #216
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Thanks silvam14.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #217
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Wow, that's generous, but there is no way I could accept money.

I just enjoy doing it and I promise to keep them coming, just probably not always at this feverish pace

It sounds like its turned into a hobby for you. What if somehow there was a "donate" button somewhere. People could, if they wanted to, donate whatever they think it's worth.

Does the sketchup have some sort of tutorial with it? Did it take you very long to get the hang of it? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #218
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
It sounds like its turned into a hobby for you. What if somehow there was a "donate" button somewhere. People could, if they wanted to, donate whatever they think it's worth.

Does the sketchup have some sort of tutorial with it? Did it take you very long to get the hang of it? Thanks.
It is definitely a hobby. If you youtube sketchup tutorials, there are tons out there. even if you search for "sketchup Stadiums", you will mostly find people building occer stadiums, but it helps get the idea. Its actually not as hard a you think, but still time consuming. I may post a new thread with a semi-step by step of my next stadium
Old 05-19-2016, 06:25 AM   #219
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Ebbets Field
Griffith Stadium
Riverfront Stadium
Three Rivers Stadium

All Uploaded!

Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #220
Erosa
Minors (Single A)

Christmas in May!! Once again, many thanks for sharing your talents with us. You have just made a lot of people very happy!
Erosa is offline   Reply With Quote