Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Vimm
Bat Boy

Injuries?

As of now my whole top 6 D-men is injured long-term just 25 games into the season. And I have to rely on call ups from AHL resulting in winning just one game every ten games continuing into the season. Being bothered by this I started a new game and the same thing occurred again. I play as the Washington Capitals. First my top D-man gets injured long term. In this case Karl Alzner. He always gets injured first and then Mike Green always follows. Just within 2-3 games one defender after another gets injured. Im on my third new game now and the same pattern has appeared. But now my AHL call ups get injured in a matter of few games. Right now I have 7 D-men on my Injury list:

K. Alzner, M. Green, J. Carlson, J.Hillen, J. Erskine, C. Schilling and T. Kundratek.

Anyone else experienced this kind of brutal injury bug? Is there anyway to fix this?
Vimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimm View Post
As of now my whole top 6 D-men is injured long-term just 25 games into the season. And I have to rely on call ups from AHL resulting in winning just one game every ten games continuing into the season. Being bothered by this I started a new game and the same thing occurred again. I play as the Washington Capitals. First my top D-man gets injured long term. In this case Karl Alzner. He always gets injured first and then Mike Green always follows. Just within 2-3 games one defender after another gets injured. Im on my third new game now and the same pattern has appeared. But now my AHL call ups get injured in a matter of few games. Right now I have 7 D-men on my Injury list:

K. Alzner, M. Green, J. Carlson, J.Hillen, J. Erskine, C. Schilling and T. Kundratek.

Anyone else experienced this kind of brutal injury bug? Is there anyway to fix this?
Turn the injuries off.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Vimm
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Turn the injuries off.
Apart from turning the injuries off.
Vimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Another thing I notice is that injuries aren't mentioned in PbP. You only notice them in the boxscore if you check it during the intermission. As well, the AI for plugging in the spot left by the injured players should be improved. In my season opener, I noticed Francis Bouillon (from the 3rd pair) played half the game after Gorges got injured
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing at the Red Wings and the same is happening to me. My top 6 going down and most are lengthy injuries...

I also noticed there are sooooo many "injured in practice" injuries... Which isn't very common in the real world. (At least in hockey)
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

you can modify the injury frequency just go into game options and its at the top left. Lower the number and you should get less injuries
ThePerfectDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've noticed the same thing as the Coyotes. Zbynek Michalek always gets injured about 2-3 games in (this is my fourth new game) and even though I lowered the injury number in settings it is consistently injury after injury. Some of the injuries are clearly holdovers from OOTP (really? a hockey player misses four weeks for shoulder soreness?); I had Mike Smith's career end last night due to a torn labrum.

I'm sure this will be fine-tuned and developed down the road but the frequency of injuries as well as the nature of them is disconcerting and unrealistic at the moment.

I also have to mention that even when I'm set up for human-controlled transactions, when a player gets injured sometimes the AI calls up one of my AHL players without telling me - usually a prospect that I don't want going anywhere rather than a more experienced player. The AI transaction logic is already somewhat suspect for me (one time I accidentally clicked "Setup Organization" on my Roster page and the AI immediately put Keith Yandle, Radim Vrbata, Mike Ribeiro, and Oliver Ekman-Larsson on waivers to the AHL... you can imagine my surprise).
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

playing as Pens and had 4 of the top 6 out after 2 weeks of the season.
3 of the 4 for more than a month. turned down injury from 1.25 to .75 we shall see what happens from there.
Redeemed143 is offline   Reply With Quote