Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

I have tried every which way with your db and it keeps coming up the same way. I totally deleted the original DB (Stats Folder) so it's only pulling from yours and every time I only get about 13 Minor Leaguers no Free Agents etc... I downloaded from padres site. The Historical ODB is 98.1mb. If I open the master .csv I see asians and what not any other suggestions?

Thanks.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #22
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
what was the orig issue? i created a 1984 season so let me know what i am supposed to be looking for..i looked at the 84 white sox roster it looks accurate.....

my settings
no minor leagues only reserve roster
no history
umm shoot forgot the rest...

give me your settings and i will create a league to see if mine mirrors yours....i had gambo's 1st DB and after dling this new 1 i cut and pasted this on over the old 1. and i kept the oir that came with game in a seperate folder in My Documents
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #23
Chicagofan76
Banned

p.s. i have used gambo's 1st 1 and now this 1 for my 1871-2010 historical league and havent noticed any iussues other then with his having middle intials for certain players the game has trouble finding photos but since the update it hasnt been that much of an issue.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #24
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezboots View Post
I have tried every which way with your db and it keeps coming up the same way. I totally deleted the original DB (Stats Folder) so it's only pulling from yours and every time I only get about 13 Minor Leaguers no Free Agents etc... I downloaded from padres site. The Historical ODB is 98.1mb. If I open the master .csv I see asians and what not any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Are you changing the database path in game? Advanced option under league creation? If you previously chose a different database path then it may sometimes retain that directory.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:19 AM   #25
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Quirky, I guess I have to point to the stats directory everytime? It seems to be working now Started in 84 and have the players now. Thanks for the help.

When I pointed it to the directory I clicked on master.csv each time, will the Historical rookies still import and be assigned to there teams with Draft off?

This is my first attempt at a semi-historical and I don't want to get into the season and find out it's all fictional coming in.

I would love to know your guys settings for the start of a semi historical. Which is better Minors or Just reserve roster? I was thinking of going with 4 levels of minors.

I'm nervous All these years and never delved into this game as I should have.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #26
Chicagofan76
Banned

i use all 4 levels and hate it....every few yrs i have to sign new coaches for teams that have no players...for a few seasons i usually let the comp do all my transactions and such and i just do the draft, but it gets tedious. out of my 4 minor league affiliates i have i think 15 players on them maybe 25....i will be more active once i get to a more modern era 1950-2010
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #27
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quirky, I guess I have to point to the stats directory everytime? It seems to be working now Started in 84 and have the players now. Thanks for the help.

When I pointed it to the directory I clicked on master.csv each time, will the Historical rookies still import and be assigned to there teams with Draft off?

This is my first attempt at a semi-historical and I don't want to get into the season and find out it's all fictional coming in.

I would love to know your guys settings for the start of a semi historical. Which is better Minors or Just reserve roster? I was thinking of going with 4 levels of minors.

I'm nervous All these years and never delved into this game as I should have.
Awesome but tip one. Click on the .odb not the master.csv. This may be resulting in your quirkyness.

The rookies will import to their correct original professional teams with draft off.

I play with all levels of minors and ghost players on. I've wavered between the coach system on or off but I think for semi-historical you may want it off. Let the players play I say! I'm currently doing a draft league with real players and have it on. If it gets to be a pain i'll turn it off later.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #28
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

A couple other quick questions. Do you use retire when they did in real life setting? What Recalc settings do you use?

Also if I add Asian leagues will the Asians be assigned to those teams or Free Agents List?

Thanks for the help/advice I just decided since I'm doing alot of historical facegens that I need to start playing historical or I'll never even see my work.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #29
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
A couple other quick questions. Do you use retire when they did in real life setting? What Recalc settings do you use?
The amazing Mr. Gambo answered some of this upthread, and since I've been looking for this blurb all morning, I'll paste it here for you (and me):

Quote:
I use neutralized (of course), 3 year hitting and pitching, career fielding (it's your choice on this i sometimes use 3 year depending on the type of league), potentials based on career totals.

The problem with using peak seasons is that the stats are neutralized and the game bases "peak" on appearances/years. This isn't really the best setting i find when using a neut database.
I should think the "retire in real life" setting depends on what you are doing with your league. Are you replaying reality? Or creating an alternate reality?
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #30
Chicagofan76
Banned

i dont have any players going to their orig team since i want to draft Shoeless Joe Jackson instead of him going to Cleveland 1st along with possibly getting mantle, ruth, reggie, etc

I also dont have them retire as they would in real life.

as far as teh recalc i have it set to default dont know a better option the historical league is the only 1 i have ever done on ootp from 5 to 8 to 11 until i started to do my EBL league.

what does having ghost minor league players on do?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #31
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Also if I add Asian leagues will the Asians be assigned to those teams or Free Agents List?

Thanks for the help/advice I just decided since I'm doing alot of historical facegens that I need to start playing historical or I'll never even see my work.
I do not use retire when they did in real life, but you could, you would just see alot of guys retire at 36 (except if their career actually went longer or if they played in the Senior League.

Asians would go to Free Agents.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #32
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Awesome but tip one. Click on the .odb not the master.csv. This may be resulting in your quirkyness.
OK, when I point it to the master.csv I get all the players. When I point it to the .odb file I only get a few minor leaguers etc...

I tripled checked the path started like 4 different leagues to check this.

I import same settings for each file so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the .odb file?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Odd. Never seen that before. It's a game issue and not a database issue though.

What year are you starting and how long is it taking to create the league? If it takes forever (15-20 minutes or more) it's reading the master.csv, if it takes 5-10 minutes to load then it's reading the .odb file.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Times vary from 5-20 minutes depending on which file I choose. Can I play it with it pointing to master.csv since it seems to load fine with that?

I'm going to test with Spritze only .odb because it seemed to load that fine, I just like that yours has players on actual teams.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #35
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Times vary from 5-20 minutes depending on which file I choose. Can I play it with it pointing to master.csv since it seems to load fine with that?

I'm going to test with Spritze only .odb because it seemed to load that fine, I just like that yours has players on actual teams.
You can play with it pointing to the master.csv. It's probably reading the .odb file anyway.

The best way to be certain is load up a modern league, 1970 or later and if it doesn't have a runtime error, then your good to go.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #36
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Well I'm starting with 1984 and haven't had any runtime errors yet. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:13 AM   #37
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Everything worked fine and rapidly for me and I even imported complete history for a 1959 league.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

thanks and a question

I also had to point to master.csv, but that worked like a charm.

But I'm a little confused with the results. For reference, I'm importing 1946. So, Jackie Robinson is on the Dodgers, and Luke Easter and Ferris Fain are MLB free agents.

But Satchel Paige, Ray Dandridge, Piper Davis, and Artie Wilson (for example) are all listed as "no team" and are not associated with MLB so don't appear in the FA list. Is there some simple way to get them all onto the FA list so I can move them to the teams/leagues I want them in, or some in-game way to view the "no team" players? Or do I have to search for each one and move them by editing their team?

Sorry if this is a dumb question or is answered somewhere else.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #39
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLoophole View Post
I also had to point to master.csv, but that worked like a charm.

But I'm a little confused with the results. For reference, I'm importing 1946. So, Jackie Robinson is on the Dodgers, and Luke Easter and Ferris Fain are MLB free agents.

But Satchel Paige, Ray Dandridge, Piper Davis, and Artie Wilson (for example) are all listed as "no team" and are not associated with MLB so don't appear in the FA list. Is there some simple way to get them all onto the FA list so I can move them to the teams/leagues I want them in, or some in-game way to view the "no team" players? Or do I have to search for each one and move them by editing their team?

Sorry if this is a dumb question or is answered somewhere else.
Not a dumb question at all. These are the types of questions that help me 1) figure out what needs to be tweaked 2) figure out just how the custom databases work with the game and 3) help other solve problems.

I imported 1946 to take a look. I have all the above mentioned on the Free Agent List under the League/Free Agent tab. So I'm not seeing what your seeing.

However, one way you can change rosters real quick and add guys is to export the rosters using the game, make your changes and re-import them under the league options.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #40
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I imported 1946 to take a look. I have all the above mentioned on the Free Agent List under the League/Free Agent tab. So I'm not seeing what your seeing.
Thanks old chum... I thought I had some weird filter on but that wasn't it.

[EDIT: Yes, it was a filter. Clear all filters and ye shall discover a plethora of players! Sorry.]

Last edited by GMLoophole; 08-04-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: stupid author