Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #21
Pieguy62
Minors (Single A)

ahhhhhhhh
nnnooo
i wanted to download this so badly but jazzrack is down!!!!
whats with that?
Pieguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #22
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Should only be a week or less until the links are working again...
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
wvbucco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here's a page that will tell you how to download the whole pile at once, assuming you have Firefox and the DownThemAll extension.

http://www.cnttbachkhoa.co.cc/blog/d...m-photobucket/
wvbucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #24
jap412
Bat Boy

Will the be updated for v.12? Nice quick start.

JP
jap412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
bitmap
Bat Boy

I've just finished up my first year of this awesome quickstart. Absolutely love the effort.
bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #26
jap412
Bat Boy

Hey Bitmap, are you playing in 11 or 12? Just wondering if this converts to 12 ok.

JP
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #27
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap412 View Post
Hey Bitmap, are you playing in 11 or 12? Just wondering if this converts to 12 ok.

JP
I started a clean Kalama game in 11 andsaved it. I then converted it to 12 and saved as a quickstart. Works like a charm!
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #28
jap412
Bat Boy

Cool, I give it a try this weekend!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap412 View Post
Will the be updated for v.12?
When I originally converted my league from v11 there were several issues with player origins. The latest patch seems to have made conversion from v11a little more seamless.

I have been working on recreating this league from scratch in version 12. I have finished editing the cities for the new WORLD file format and I am working on final edits to the league.

The new finances projection in league set up, should make it easier for me to get the relationship between the two leagues closer to what I original envisioned.

If any of you that have been playing this quickstart have any suggestions for the creation of the version 12 quickstart, I would love to hear them.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
blueturf
All Star Reserve

After overcoming a few obstacles (one where over half of the players originated from one city) I am in the final stages of testing the quickstart for a new version from scratch for OOTP12.

So far the player movement between the Premier and Independent leagues are more along the lines of what I original envisioned. Finances seem to be a more realistic relationship as well. I still can't prevent the Premier teams from signing one-star backup/role players when two and three star players are available.

Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this. I am okay when they put a one star that has high prospects, but when they sign a 30 plus year-old one star player it doesn't make sense to me.

After a few more changes I should be ready to send it to PadresFan for hosting by tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this as always. I play your universe enough that my wife actually calls OOTP "Kalama."
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 AM   #32
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
Thanks! I'm looking forward to this as always. I play your universe enough that my wife actually calls OOTP "Kalama."
I am glad that you like it. I hope you like the newest version just as much and would be interested in any feedback you have.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #33
blueturf
All Star Reserve

QS for v12 now ready

I have sent a file for the Kalama quickstart in version 12 to PadresFan for hosting.

The file was created from scratch in version 12, but most of the basic structures remain the same.

Changes include:
- Reserve Rosters for both the KPL and the KIA are now at 20. This should result in more unproven youngsters starting in the KIA. It also allowed for use of the simulation module for comparison of teams in separate leagues.

- All 48 high school teams now have logos and ballcaps that reflect the initials of their school.

- The KPL now had a 154 game schedule and the KIA 136. This allowed for use of the schedule files included with the game to create unbalanced off days among teams.

- The quickstart begins on January 1st. KPL teams have 15 to 20 players already on the roster and will need to sign additional players before the season starts. KIA teams have the 25 man roster full and need to sign reserve roster players.

Other things of note: (these can all be changed in Game Setup)
-Scouting is off, FaceGen is set to all players (on demand)
-Talent randomness is at 115
-The almanac and auto data dump options are turned off
-AI Player evaluation is set to 30% ratings, 40% current year, 25% previous year & 5% two years (I may change this in my league after reading some best practices)
-AI trading set to HIGH frequency, HARD difficulty and NEUTRAL preference

I hope those of you that download this quickstart enjoy it. I have liked how the financials relate between the two leagues so much, that I have tabled my previous Kalama universe and started completely over.

Last edited by blueturf; 08-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #34
PadresFan
All Star Starter

This has been posted.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #35
hd_pancho
Bat Boy

This is undoubtedly a stupid question that has been covered many times.

Can someone please direct me to the instructions for loading this quickstart? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

thanks much.
hd_pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #36
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_pancho View Post
Can someone please direct me to the instructions for loading this quickstart? Can't figure it out for the life of me.
After downloading the file, put it in the quickstart_games folder for OOTP12. Then start the game and from the main menu screen select Load Quickstart. This will give you a selection of available quickstart games in that folder. Select the desired quickstart game and follow the prompts from there.
After selection, the game will be created with all logos, jerseys, colors etc already formatted for the league.

One thing that does not come preloaded with a quickstart are the ballparks. Any custom ballparks associated with the quickstart would need to be added to the OOTP12 ballparks folder. I have made a file available on box.com that includes all of my custom parks from this thread with the same naming convention used in the league. Place these parks in your ballpark folder and they will automatically show up in this league.

This quickstart is also set up to use Bobble's Facial Hair Mod V2.0. This mod adds more variety and flavor to the facial hair of the players in the league. I highly recommend use of his mod.

The manual for version 11 has a section on quickstarts that still mostly applies to the function in version 12. It can be a great resource if you are still having trouble.

Last edited by blueturf; 06-06-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #37
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Blueturf,

Great QS --- sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Bigsmooth
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
sent you a PM.
I responded there as well, but in case others were wondering. Without a minor league, the players on the reserve roster develop just fine. A couple of quotes from the v11 manual which should still apply to version 12.

Quote:
Players on a reserve roster do not generate statistics, since they are not actively playing in any games. However, reserve players do continue to practice, with the result that they will continue to develop skills just as if they were putting up average minor league numbers.
Quote:
Minor league players who get little playing time might not develop as quickly as others. However, major league players and players on a reserve roster develop normally even without playing time.
Because of this development takes place normally and if anything, is a little less random than leagues that have minor league rosters. The only drawback I have found to using reserve rosters is that the Morale system doesn't seem to work well with reserve rosters. Ever player on the reserve roster is unhappy about their team role - this doesn't seem to effect development and rights itself if the player is promoted, so I have ignored and feel the advantages having a reserve list fits nicely in this case where there are already multiple leagues in the same quickstart.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Blueturf,

I have simmed 2 seasons already; made it to the World Series with Bashon Broncos and got swept by Piedmont (who has won both titles) -- then injuries hit hard in year two and I finished below .500.

Love the QS -- and thanks for the timely reply!!

Rob
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Great quickstart, but I was hoping to edit/update some of the logos to my liking. I do not see them in any folder. Where can I find them?
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote