Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #41
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron View Post
First off I want to thank you for sharing this file....I can imagine all of the hard work that went into creating this universe.

Now the bad part.. ...your World Template will not work properly...and I think the reason why, is that when you save a game as a World Template it will always start on January 1st of the year you selected to start in.

So for instance if you started in 2009, then the game will start Jan. 1st, 2009.

That being said, here is what I think the problem may be...

When you saved your game as a World Template, you had already simmed that season up until May 22nd, 2009. Hence the problem....

Game starts Jan.1st.....already simmed to May 22nd.....dates do not match and I think this is why game crashes.

Now, what I think would work, would be to save the game as a QuickStart game....that way when you load the game it would start with proper dates.

If youy saved on May 22nd, it would load on May 22nd.

Now here's my question to you.....

Would you be willing to try saving your Universe as a Quickstart and posting again to FileFront?

Then these question would be answered....it will either work or not work. I'm hoping it would work.

Again, thanks a ton for sharing and would sure be appreciated if you would try the Quickstart.
I can try that. Truthfully, I haven't messed around with quickstarts and templates much so I'm not sure when and why you're supposed to use each.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #42
cameron
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
I can try that. Truthfully, I haven't messed around with quickstarts and templates much so I'm not sure when and why you're supposed to use each.

Thanks, CBL

Much appreciated.....Not really sure if it will work, but its worth a try.
cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #43
dj_morton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron View Post
Thanks, CBL

Much appreciated.....Not really sure if it will work, but its worth a try.
I 2nd that. Hopefully it works!
dj_morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #44
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Ok. Here's the problem. When I make my universe into a quickstart, it's huge. Like well over a Gig. What can I cut out of a quickstart and still have it work?

At first glance it looks like the quickstart is just a copy of my league, I assuming with something left out, but obviously not a whole lot.

What if I make a test league using my universe, erase all the history, and make a quickstart from there. Would that satisfy what everyone is trying to get out of this?

Last edited by CBL-Commish; 06-28-2009 at 10:47 PM.
CBL-Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #45
dj_morton
Banned

Erasing the history should lower it some. You could also zip it and make it smaller that way.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #46
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

So I nuked the history, some other stuff, zipped it up, got it down to 360M. That's still pretty huge, and right now I'm on an internet service that caps me at 5G a month. So I'll have to work on this some more before I shove the file back up the pipes to the interwebs.

I'm thinking about taking a copy of my universe, simming straight through to Jan 1, 2010, then making a template out of that.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #47
dj_morton
Banned

I don't see why that wouldn't work, simming to Jan 1 that is.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #48
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

I'll work on the sim and new template when I can, but I'll be on vacation for a week. It'll probably be mid-July before I can get this done.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #49
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Resurrecting this thread because I was reminded of my failed efforts in the Dimaggio's streak thread.

I've successfully made a template of my universe for OOTP11, with the game day on Jan 1st, 2010. I tested it out and it seems to work.

It's about 125Mb and I've emailed PadreFan to see if he'll host it.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #50
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Padresfan has graciously agreed to host my world template. Hopefully it'll be up on his site soon.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #51
immortalprso
Bat Boy

I am new to this game so I am not sure I have the right idea in mind or if I have carried it out properly but if you don't mind could you answer a couple of questions?

I loaded up your template and chose to play as an Italian team, the game then stopped working as there was an uneven amount of teams in the Italian division. I later deleted the Italian league and tried to play again, it allowed me to pick a team to control then started to load up the game information only to crash to desktop.

Have I got it wrong and I cant play as the other leagues or have I maybe done something else wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by immortalprso; 04-29-2010 at 06:14 PM.
immortalprso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #52
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalprso View Post
I am new to this game so I am not sure I have the right idea in mind or if I have carried it out properly but if you don't mind could you answer a couple of questions?

I loaded up your template and chose to play as an Italian team, the game then stopped working as there was an uneven amount of teams in the Italian division. I later deleted the Italian league and tried to play again, it allowed me to pick a team to control then started to load up the game information only to crash to desktop.

Have I got it wrong and I cant play as the other leagues or have I maybe done something else wrong?

Thanks.
Yea, that was the one issue I saw with the template when I tested it. Not sure why or how I got it to work with uneven teams in my universe, must be a workaround I've long since forgotten.

I'd suggest adding or deleting a team in the Italian League to make it an even number. Should work from there.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #53
TheKenoshaKid
Minors (Triple A)

Hey, I just downloaded your template, it sounds very interesting.

But I'm having problems with the whole "9 teams" thing too. This is the first template I've downloaded, so I hope I'm doing it right. I copied the .wtp file into my world_template folder. Then I started OOTP11, clicked on "custom league" and loaded it up. I get that notice that there's an odd number of teams, and that's where I'm stuck.

I tried in commissioner mode (and non-commish, just to be safe) and I can't figure out how to delete a team from that italian league. How exactly do I go about this?

I can't click "start game" because it keeps telling me that I need to fix the # of teams in that league, and I can't just delete the league...every time I do that it crashes when I hit "start game"
TheKenoshaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #54
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Once you've clicked on start league from template, make sure you're in advanced mode if you started from the wizard. Then go to included leagues, and select Serie A. The go over to the structure tab, and change the number of teams in Division 1 from 9 to some even number. If you add teams you'll have to figure out some way to fill them with free agents or fictional players or something. If you lower the number of teams you should be fine.

Then you can click on start game, and it should work.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #55
immortalprso
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
Once you've clicked on start league from template, make sure you're in advanced mode if you started from the wizard. Then go to included leagues, and select Serie A. The go over to the structure tab, and change the number of teams in Division 1 from 9 to some even number. If you add teams you'll have to figure out some way to fill them with free agents or fictional players or something. If you lower the number of teams you should be fine.

Then you can click on start game, and it should work.

Thank you CBL, it worked like a charm.
immortalprso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #56
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalprso View Post
Thank you CBL, it worked like a charm.
Great. There is some kind of work around to run an odd-number of teams in a league - it may be as simple as adding the team after you start the league, kind of an immediate expansion. And I think you have to add a manually created schedule. But if you don't care if the Italian League reflects real life quite so much, then just have fun!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #57
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
The Italian league hasn't had an odd number of teams since about 2006 (or 2007) anyway.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #58
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Okay, CBL, maybe you're the person who can help answer my question. My number one complaint is that there is no way to set the various leagues' financials to evolve consistently. Let's say you set your major league to import updated financials each year. Now, if you do the same with your independents, they will simply rise to the same level as your majors. If you don't have the independents import financial settings each year, they either revert to current financials (terrible if you're trying to model the past) or they don't change at all (in which case the majors leave them so far behind that they're no fun any more). Of course, you can have the game not automatically update any league (majors included), and then it's 1940, or 1980, or whatever, forever . . . financially speaking. How do you model financial evolution in your world?
I So does "League Evolution" not increase the average player salaries? That's rather pointless if it doesn't....