Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Exclamation COMPLETE COLLEGE BASEBALL (Beta)

(Note to Moderators: Please leave this thread in the "OOTP 10 - General Discussions" section until this weekend, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of OOTPX release threads. Then feel free to move it to the "OOTP 10 - Mods" section. Thank you!)

FINALLY! Here it is, the culmination of nearly a month's worth of work on my end... and just in time for the release of OOTP 10.

For the first time, I think we actually have a comprehensive college baseball setup for OOTP!

Here's the link: CCB-Beta.zip Download File

This setup utilizes my "States-As-Nations" mod, which modifies the existing nations.txt and cities.txt files to convert U.S. states and Canadian provinces and territories into individual nations. I have also included a set of state outline "flags" to help make each U.S. state more easily identifiable.

Additionally, I have included my new "African-American Names" revisions of the ethnicities.txt, first_names.txt, and names.txt files. This replaces Azerbaijani names with African-American names in each of the aforementioned files, as well as the ethnicity percentages in the nations.txt file. The frequency of the AA surnames is based on statistics I obtained through the U.S. Census office. However, since first name frequencies were not available at the time, I simply copied the U.S. (Modern) nameset for first names. This file will be revised as soon as I can locate accurate statistics.

(Incidentally, each of the above mods are also now available as standalone versions.)

Now here are the details on the universe...

Leagues are available as either league (.lg) files or world templates (.wtp) files.

You may download each league separately or as a complete universe. However, please keep in mind that the complete universe is extremely large in size. If you have a slow computer (like I do) or limited disk space, you may want to add each league and/or template individually.

This setup includes 1,712 college teams in 15 collegiate leagues, including NCAA Div. I-II-III, NAIA, NCCAA, USCAA, NJCAA Div. I-II-III, CCCAA, NWAACC, LIA of Puerto Rico, and CIBA, OUA, and CCBC of Canada, plus "Canadian College Baseball", a fictional confederation of CIBA, OUA, and CCBC.

Each team includes the school name, team nickname, unique 4-letter abbreviation*, state/province/territory, and city. (NCAA DI teams also include logos, colors, and home ballparks.) Each league includes the league logo and commissioner's name.

*The 4-letter format helps distinguish college teams from teams in your other leagues. Also, each team has its own unique abbreviation, so they can all be used in the same universe without confusing which team is which.

Here's what it does NOT (yet) include:

- Logos, colors, or home ballparks (except for NCAA DI)
- Accurate ballpark configurations
- Ballcaps or jerseys
- Real players or pictures
- Real coaching staffs or front office personnel
- Financial information (market size, fan loyalty, etc.)

Please note that not all settings, rules, or options contained herein reflect real-world college baseball. In most cases where configurations are inaccurate, this was necessary to create realistic results or it was not feasible or possible to set them up accurately. (However, it is possible that something was overlooked or a mistake was made, so please feel free to let me know if you notice anything in the set that doesn't seem right.)

Also, remember that this is NOT A FEEDER LEAGUE. It is currently configured to act as an independent major league(s). Therefore, players will not go into the draft pool. (However, this will be addressed in a future release.)

Notes on Conference Alignments and Configuraions: The vast majority of league/conference configurations in this setup are accurate as of today. However, there are several instances of schools that are known to be either starting a baseball program, dropping their existing baseball program, in the process of moving up or down a division within a league, switching leagues, or switching conferences, in the near future. In these cases, I placed the teams according to where they should be within the next few years. (For example, both Vermont and Northern Iowa have announced they are discontinuing their baseball programs. At the same time, both UMKC and North Texas have announced that they are starting new baseball programs. Therefore, UMKC and North Texas are present in this setup, while Vermont and Northern Iowa are not.) Of course, it's possible that other as-of-yet unannounced changes could take place within the same timeframe, but this is my best approximation, given the information I have to go on at this time.

Also, because OOTP requires an even number of teams within a league, each league (with the exception of the LIA, CIBA, OUA, and CCBC) is divided into two sub-leagues, or regions. These "regions" do not exist in reality. In addition, a small number of conferences ("divisions" in the OOTP world) have been divided to create a balanced number of divisions in each sub-league. This is especially relevant in the NJCAA, where I have altered a number of conferences for a more balanced configuration.

Many schools within the NCCAA and USCAA have dual memberships in other leagues. For the most part, I've only included teams in these leagues that are sole members. However, I have included 5 schools in the NCCAA that are also members of the NCAA or NAIA. They are Baptist Bible, Philadelphia Biblical, Maranatha Baptist, Crown, and North Central of Minnesota. It should also be noted that the NCCAA is divided into Divisions I & II in real life, but as there are only 3 Division I schools that are sole members, I've combined them all into one single level.

it was also necessary to add a few schools that don't actually have baseball programs. They are as follows:

- Foothill (CCCAA) - The largest school in the northern region of the CCCAA without a baseball program
- Umpqua (NWAACC) - Used to have a very successful baseball program, but it was discontinued during the 90s
- George Brown (OUA) - Had a modest baseball program until it was scrapped a few years ago
- Shawnee State (NAIA) - Still listed as a member of NAIA baseball, but currently only has a club team

Finally, please remember that I'm releasing this as a BETA version. In other words, I fully expect there to be problems or other issues with it. That's why I need all of you who use this to give me your feedback. Let me know if you find any inaccuracies, if there are issues getting it to work in other universes, or if there are ways you think of that it can be improved. I absolutely welcome and value your input.

Here is the tentative--and rather ambitious--release schedule, bearing in mind that there is no timetable for when each will be completed:

Beta - current release
1.0 - will include any fixes necessary to make the product function properly
1.1 - will add home ballparks and basic financials (to reflect traditionally superior programs)
1.2 - will add head coaches and GMs (Athletic Directors)
1.3 - incorporates high schools into the universe (details pending)
1.5 - creates a feeder league version out of the current configuration
2.0+ - future versions, updating information/configuration on a yearly basis

Notes: I hope to add logos/colors and, eventually, caps and jerseys. However, I have limited graphics-editing ability. So progress on adding anything graphical depends entirely on how much assistance I can get from the OOTP community in this area.

I should also note that I do not currently have plans to add real college players into this universe. My feeling here is that the enormous amount of work that would be involved in creating these rosters would pay negligible dividends, as these players would cycle through the system too quickly to make it worth the effort. Of course, if anyone else would like to tackle this project, please feel free to do so. (It might be worthwhile to at least add a number of real top prospects into the mix of fictional players.)

Okay, that's all I can think of to tell you. Hopefully this will help keep some of you occupied while waiting these last few agonizing days until OOTPX is released.

Hope you enjoy! And remember, I ultimately want this to be THE definitive college baseball universe for OOTP, so please give me your feedback!
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

One more thing... I won't be available until about 2pm CDT today, so I won't be able to respond until then, but please leave comments/feedback in the meantime. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
muted79
All Star Reserve

Am in the process of downloading. Excellent work. Am adding it to my OOTP 9 World Baseball League to play around with since I will be restarting the league for OOTPX. Will give you some feedback once I get it downloaded and going. Excellent Work.
muted79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
muted79
All Star Reserve

Ok, loaded up my WBL game, went to loiad league from template, loaded up NCAA Div I, all the team names loaded up as Blanks (including nickname) then when I went to load up a team page, the game crashed.

Looks like it might be memory problems, because running the saved game came up with the same error. Have to wait for my new computer.

Last edited by muted79; 06-02-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Assos
All Star Starter

I am impressed. Since I have no working copy of OOTP installed anymore, I will wait until OOTPX is out to try it.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

I'll definately be intrested in seeing what you have for the Canadian clubs
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Siv
Major Leagues

Downloading it now, but I have to go to work so I will check it out later on.
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
jtb
All Star Reserve

Thanks for your work!
jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
aewin
Major Leagues

fantastic. can't wait for the feeder league version.
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Very nice work.

Just a thought, but you're probably better off having this in the MODS Forum. Once OOTP X is released the amount of threads started in here will cause threads to drop off page one at a rapid pace.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
Jose Cardenal's Afro
Major Leagues

This is great work and looks promising.
Jose Cardenal's Afro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
twinsfan143
Bat Boy

This looks great! Great work....Quick question....would it be hypothetically possible to have the Junior Colleges serve as feeder leagues (like independent minor leagues) with either a draft in the off-season or something like that? Not a well thought out idea yet, just curious about people's thoughts.
twinsfan143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
KWillis21
Bat Boy

I know this info is out there somewhere but I haven't done this in a long time and I would like to test out this mod before OOTP X is released. Can someone give me some step by step instructions in installing this?
KWillis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Very nice work.

Just a thought, but you're probably better off having this in the MODS Forum. Once OOTP X is released the amount of threads started in here will cause threads to drop off page one at a rapid pace.
Yes. Thank you. I should have worded my note to the moderators a little more carefully.

To clarify: I'm requesting that this be moved to the Mods section as soon as X is released, whether it's this weekend or earlier.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan143 View Post
This looks great! Great work....Quick question....would it be hypothetically possible to have the Junior Colleges serve as feeder leagues (like independent minor leagues) with either a draft in the off-season or something like that? Not a well thought out idea yet, just curious about people's thoughts.
This idea crossed my mind at one point, but I totally forgot to try it out.

In the long run, I'll probably offer this setup as a third option.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muted79 View Post
Ok, loaded up my WBL game, went to loiad league from template, loaded up NCAA Div I, all the team names loaded up as Blanks (including nickname) then when I went to load up a team page, the game crashed.

Looks like it might be memory problems, because running the saved game came up with the same error. Have to wait for my new computer.
Sorry to hear this.

Have you tried one of the smaller leagues, like the LAI or one the Canadian leagues, just to see if it is in fact a memory issue?

By the way, has anyone else successfully loaded it up yet?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

any help on where to put the specified folder? having a problem
rabbitzk749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
Rockeo
Major Leagues

I am a coach for Briarcliffe College which plays its games in the USCAA as well as the ECC DII. Please let me know if you need any help with the rosters from these teams and the teams that are the main stables in the league. Very thorough with the DUal membership. Great work.
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #19
muted79
All Star Reserve

will try one of the smalled leagues today to see if I can get those working.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
CoachDirty
Minors (Single A)

I've loaded it...am testing some things out. For instance you had finances turned off? How would that work? I playing with having it set to finances on and 5 years 'til free agency. That way whatever value contract you sign them to intially, they will automatically renew at that level until they are out of the league.

So far though, the leagues look good
CoachDirty is offline   Reply With Quote