Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #61
Neags23
All Star Starter

Oh my. All Sim Baseball does seem to be having some issues.

I'd like to, but I don't have anywhere else to host this. If you PM me your email address, I can email it to you if you'd like.

Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball - 1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #62
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Well, I have it now.

Anyways, I created a brand new league just to try things out. Exported the CSV files (exactly how the instructions say), ran DT2. Then I got a "failed to write new baseline because CSV files cannot be found, export CSV files and try again!" error message. But they're all there!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #63
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Afino, all that message is saying is that it's the first time the program has collected the data. What it means is that it doesn't have any other baseline to compare until you do export your csv's again. Then it can compare the period from June 1999 to June 2000, for instance. Right now, you just have the beginning. You need at least one other date to provide the interval.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #64
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Afino, all that message is saying is that it's the first time the program has collected the data. What it means is that it doesn't have any other baseline to compare until you do export your csv's again. Then it can compare the period from June 1999 to June 2000, for instance. Right now, you just have the beginning. You need at least one other date to provide the interval.
I did that.

I created the league, exported. Simmed until April, exported again.

Just simmed until October, exported again. Still same message.

Last edited by Afino; 05-12-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #65
Neags23
All Star Starter

Is your league in a weird place or something? Like your csv's aren't in the import_export folder? Make sure it's exporting all the correct csv's. If it's missing one, it'll bomb with that message.

If all of that is normal, zip up your csv's and email them to me (dennis.sheppard gmail).

Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball - 1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #66
Afino
Hall Of Famer

C:\...\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\New Game 2.lg\import_export

That is the place where my files are located. All 6 files are there. Should they be elsewhere?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #67
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
C:\...\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\New Game 2.lg\import_export

That is the place where my files are located. All 6 files are there. Should they be elsewhere?
And you are telling the program to look at the saved_games folder and your individual league, right? Not the import_export folder directly. You're just clicking on the league folder?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #68
Neags23
All Star Starter

That sounds right. Just for the heck of it, try outputting all the csv's. Maybe it's looking for another one? That's weird.

Oh also, when you re-try, delete the devtracker folder that was created in the import_export folder. It might be seeing the empty folder and freaking out.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #69
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Alright, now I got to where BruceM got to.

Exact same setup.......crashes when it gets to "filling teams"

Players.csv has blank columns.

Last edited by Afino; 05-12-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #70
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
And you are telling the program to look at the saved_games folder and your individual league, right? Not the import_export folder directly. You're just clicking on the league folder?
Ooh good call, EG. You have to point to the .lg folder and not the league's import_export folder.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #71
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Alright, now I got to where BruceM got to.

Exact same setup.......crashes when it gets to "filling teams"

Players.csv has blank columns.
Well that's progress. He also had garbage data for nicknames. You said this is a brand new league? If you want I can run the program with debugging to see where there is bad data. Just email me the files.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #72
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Well that's progress. He also had garbage data for nicknames. You said this is a brand new league? If you want I can run the program with debugging to see where there is bad data. Just email me the files.
Uploaded here

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Thanks, by the way. Sorry to be a PITA.

Last edited by Afino; 05-12-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #73
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Uploaded here

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Thanks, by the way. Sorry to be a PITA.
Not a PITA at all. I don't mind. I am wondering why csv's are being filled with garbage, though.

I'll run these first thing in the morning and let you know ASAP.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #74
Neags23
All Star Starter

Your csv actually looks like it's in good shape. The only blank spaces are in the nickname column, and that column is irrelevant, unless it's got weird characters in there.

I ran this and it worked fine. It created the initial baseline and everything. Not sure why it was throwing up for you.

Does it give an error, or just crashes?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #75
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Your csv actually looks like it's in good shape. The only blank spaces are in the nickname column, and that column is irrelevant, unless it's got weird characters in there.

I ran this and it worked fine. It created the initial baseline and everything. Not sure why it was throwing up for you.

Does it give an error, or just crashes?
No matter what I've tried, the first time I try to load (by selecting the league in the menu), it tells me that it can't find the CSV files, even though I'm staring the files in their faces. They are there!

I've tried clicking on the league by the pop-up menu and by going to the folder (and yes, I just click on the league folder, not the import-export within the league folder), and NOTHING works.

It always tells me that it can't find the CSV files. Then I'll try loading it again, and it will lock up at the "filling teams" step. So apparently it DOES find the CSV files, the program craps out. On the SECOND try, not the first.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #76
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
No matter what I've tried, the first time I try to load (by selecting the league in the menu), it tells me that it can't find the CSV files, even though I'm staring the files in their faces. They are there!

I've tried clicking on the league by the pop-up menu and by going to the folder (and yes, I just click on the league folder, not the import-export within the league folder), and NOTHING works.

It always tells me that it can't find the CSV files. Then I'll try loading it again, and it will lock up at the "filling teams" step. So apparently it DOES find the CSV files, the program craps out. On the SECOND try, not the first.
What OS are you using? Sometimes weird things happen on Vista.

If you'd like, I can try remote desktop to your PC and run it and see what's up. Or you can watch me do it. It's working fine here. I just created a .lg folder and an import_export folder, then put your files in it and it starts up fine.

Just to reiterate... the structure must be:

"League.lg/import_export/players.csv".

Just for the heck of it, do what I did. Create a .lg folder on your desktop or somewhere, and create an import_export folder in that one, then throw the 6 csv files in there. Then try running the program, manually browsing to the .lg file and selecting it.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #77
Afino
Hall Of Famer

I'm using Vista.

I just did what you suggested - still no dice.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Afino; 05-13-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #78
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Neags, is running off the Desktop contributing to the problem? And that is a folder on the desktop, right, not a shortcut to a folder? I can't see where the location would be of great import (pardon the pun), but might it be in Vista? This is puzzling.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #79
Neags23
All Star Starter

I'm stumped.

Being on the desktop shouldn't affect anything.

This is such a lame suggestion at this point, but can you try re-downloading and running that one?

I wonder if the version posted on Fidel's site is out of date or something. I'll post the version I'm using in a few. I know that version works. I use it all the time.

Aside from this, I have to blame Vista. My Vista machine is down (and has been for a long time now), so I can't test on that OS.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #80
Neags23
All Star Starter

I don't know if this is the same version on Fidel's site or not. But it's the version I use multiple times a week.