Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

WWE Thread

Smackdown premiers on FOX tonight. All Elite Wrestling is emerging as a competitor to WWE.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I actually got tickets for the AEW event December 18th here in Texas. I seen the Darby Allen? dark match and was impressed. While I haven't watched wrestling since WCW closed, my daughter has started to enjoy watching it. We go to local wrestling events near us.

I have wanted to watch wrestling again but there is a lot that I don't like about it. I feel it is way to PC now and that it doesn't take do much to keep my attention. I'm hoping AEW will trying to take up what was lost in the 90's.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

I think that's their game plan. WWE vs AEW is kind of like NFL vs XFL though.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
I actually got tickets for the AEW event December 18th here in Texas. I seen the Darby Allen? dark match and was impressed. While I haven't watched wrestling since WCW closed, my daughter has started to enjoy watching it. We go to local wrestling events near us.

I have wanted to watch wrestling again but there is a lot that I don't like about it. I feel it is way to PC now and that it doesn't take do much to keep my attention. I'm hoping AEW will trying to take up what was lost in the 90's.
You might enjoy the new NWA Power shows on YouTube. Especially if you grew up watching wrestling on TBS Saturday nights. I linked episode 1. Last night was the 3rd episode. They are 45 minutes to an hour long so not a huge time commitment to get caught up on the action.

Sorry for hijacking the WWE thread. They've really botched their top feuds and neutered the Fiend. That and not featuring Luke Harper has driven the nail in the coffin for me. After casually following and reading the recaps of RAW and Smackdown, I tried to watch when the Firefly Fun House debuted and then was in heaven when Luke Harper was finally allowed to return, but he's off tv again and killing the Fiend's heat by pairing him with Seth Rollins is the final straw. Maybe once AEW surpasses WWE and WWE are forced to put on entertaining shows that make sense I will give them another try. Until then I'll stick with NWA and MLW when I need a wrestling fix.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Also, apparently Tyson Fury and Cain Valasquez don't have any issues with the WWE being in Saudi Arabia.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #6
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Honestly it's hard to blame WWE for being in Saudi Arabia now cosnidering the positive effect wrestling could have on women everywhere in the country.

WWE to hold first women's match in Saudi Arabia at Crown Jewel event

Last edited by monkeyman576; 10-30-2019 at 12:33 PM.