Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #21
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 30th-June 5th

May 30th, 1903: The Red Hawks welcome us to town with Eric Thomas (5-4, 3.73 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) facing our shiny new ace Nate McCue (8-2, 2.46 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). Runs were far too frequent, and a big 7 run 6th for the Red Hawks aided them to an 11-10 walk-off win.

Right after we tied it at 10 in the 9th...

Not sure what happened to McCue (or why he basically pitched the whole 6th...), allowing 14 hits and 9 runs in 5.2 innings with just 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti allowed a run in 2 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson got the loss, allowing 3 hits and a run with a strikeout in 0.2 innings.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-3 with a double, sac-fly, hit by pitch, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Mike Shaddox was 3-for-5 with a homer and 3 RBI's. Mike Legg was 3-for-4 with a double, walk, homer, and 2 runs scored. Justin Arrington was 3-for-6 with 3 driven in. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Carlos Sandate was 2-for-5 with a run scored.

Red Hawks SS Phil Davis was a big reason they won, going 5-for-6 with a double, triple, and 3 RBI's, including a walk-off single. And he did all this with a bruised jaw. Yeah, moderate effect on performance...

May 31st, 1903: We looked to even the series back up with Vince Brown (6-1, 3.91 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) facing Matt Puckett (5-4, 3.67 ERA, 0.91 WHIP). Neither team had many runs left over for today, and we were tied at 2 as the 9th inning started. Enter Mike Shaddox, who doubled off lockdown closer Paul Monroe, and we escaped with a 3-2 victory.

Brett Olsen left the game after being hit by a pitch. He suffered a knee contusion, and will head to the DL just to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Brown tossed 8 solid innings, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, and 2 walks with 7 strikeouts. Ellingson was much better today, striking out 2 in a perfect 9th to bring his save total to double digits.

Carlos Sandate was a perfect 3-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Shaddox was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and the go-ahead double. Jim Raines, who substituted for Olsen, was 1-for-2 with a double, 2 steals, and a run scored. Omar Atillio was 1-for-3 with a triple, RBI, and run scored.

I called up Josh Stevens from AAA to replace Olsen. In Grand Rapids he's slashing .277/.434/.649 with 15 homers and 34 RBI's. He also has 17 at bats with us from Olsen's first injury, hitting .235/.458/.471 with a homer and 2 RBI's.

June 1st, 1903: Happy June! Milwaukee 1B Al Birkbeck and Baltimore RF Juan Lopez took home Player of the Week, although neither was Batter of the Month. That went to New York RF Armando Chavez and Philadelphia SS Willie Gonzalez. Chavez's teammate Joe Miller and Brooklyn's Jerry Smith were Pitcher of the Month. New Orleans' 1B Jesus Falcon and Baltimore LF Allen Mintz took home Rookie of the Month.

Down in Class C Keyser, our farmhand Justin Torres won VAWVL (Virginia-West Virginia League) Pitcher of the Month. The 22-year-old was 4-0 with a 1.46 ERA and he struck out 31 in 37 innings. A former 6th Rounder, he's been preally good in 11 starts to start the season, going 6-1 with a 2.49 ERA and 1.06 WHIP, while striking out 69 in 68.2 innings.

Lightning righty Yu-wei Li will miss the rest of the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. The 27-year-old had a 1.76 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 15.1 innings, and the Lightning really wanted to trade him to me when I was shopping for a starting pitcher.

We dropped down to 5th in the Power Rankings. At 30-23, we're 10 out of first and 1.5 games behind the Rebels for the Wild Card spot.

We looked to take the rubber match with D.J. Ruhnke (5-3, 3.21 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) and an offense full of replacement battling Evan O'Hagan (1-1, 4.56 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) and his offense full of replacements. Both teams had multiple tired and injured players, and we had four more in Chicago coming up... But it doesn't matter who suits up for a brilliant team like the Chargers, and we won the series with a 6-3 victory.

Ruhnke went 8 innings, allowing 5 hits and 3 runs while striking out 7. Simon Ellingson had the exact same stat line from yesterday, and the southpaw picked up his 11th save.

Giobbe Capuana, one of the few starters to play, went 3-for-4 with a walk, 2 homers, 3 runs scored, and 4 RBI's. Another starter Damian Salcido went 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, RBI, and two walks. Mike Legg was 1-for-3 with a triple and walk.

Our long stretch of games continues in Chicago, where we should sweep the 14-39 Cardinals. We'd see Tony Maldonado (3-4, 4.81 ERA), Andy Riffle (1-4, 5.28 ERA), Bobby Goldberg (1-8, 4.87 ERA), and Orlando Vigil (0-2, 5.48 ERA).

June 2nd, 1903: We started the four game set in Chicago with Cody Hall (4-3, 4.97 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) facing Tony Maldonado (3-4, 4.81 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). Tied at 6 in the 9th, the two biggest mistakes in Chargers history Ben Etienne took Pezzetti deep for a walk-off two run homer.

I was really expecting a sweep...

I guess the biggest news of the game was when Cody Hall plucnked Seth Bland, who charged the mound, starting a bench-clearing brawl leading to ejections and suspensions for both.

Hall will be out for 7 (or 6) games, and I think he was just mad about how terrible he was pitching and knew the only way for Manager Brett Martin to take him out is if he had to be dragged off the field. Hall allowed 5 hits, 4 runs, and a walk in 1.2 innings. Travis Walters had the unenviable task of entering without warming up, going 3.1 innings with a hit, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Pezzetti didn't really deserve the blame, as he was in his 3rd inning of work (don't ask why...), allowing 2 hits, 2 runs, and 3 walks while striking out 2 in 2.1 innings.

Jesus Camargo was 4-for-5 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. The recently recalled Josh Stevens was 2-for-4 with a walk and 2 solo homers. Justin Arrington was 2-for-5 with a triple, walk, and 2 runs scored. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Walters was 1-for-2. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-4 with a walk and run scored.

It's not ideal, but former #2 Overall Pick (and total bust...) Tim Weiss would get the spot start when Hall's rotation spot came up again. A rather terrible pitcher, he has a beautiful 5.06 ERA and 1.51 WHIP in 120 games (95 starts) and has just 4.2 big league innings this year, working to a 5.79 ERA and 1.50 WHIP...

June 3rd, 1903: CL Tobias Laranjeira is healthy and will head to Grand Rapids for a rehab assignemnt. He'll stay there until at least after our next off day on the 9th.

We looked to even the series back up with Carlos Ramirez (3-5, 5.22 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) facing Andy Riffle (1-4, 5.28 ERA, 1.46 WHIP), who beat us earlier in the year. He didn't allow a hit through 6 (although he walked 7), and we dropped another to the Cardinals, this time losing 4-1.

Oh man...

Of course, 100 stamina Ramirez went the distance, allowing 4 runs (3 earned) and 8 hits with a pair of walks and strikeouts in 8 innings.

We only managed 2 hits. Mike Legg was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI. Jim Raines was 1-for-5.

What a game!...

We did a little better then the Pilots, who were shutout by Sal Lopez and the Cyclones. He allowed 4 hits in a 1-0 victory.

June 4th, 1903: Okay, we can't lose this series... Nate McCue (8-2, 3.15 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) needed to master short-term memory loss and remember his wonderful shutouts. We'd face the unlucky Bobby Goldberg (1-8, 4.87 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). I'm lost for words, as we were topped 6-5.

If we get swept in four games...

Oh man...

Oh yeah, it gets worse...

Carlos Sandate left with an injury..

Yikes...

McCue only allowed 5 hits, but that was worth 5 runs. He struck out 6 in 6. Rick Gunter allowed a run and a hit with 2 strikeouts in the 7th.

Mike Legg was 3-for-4 with a double and 2 runs scored. Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double, steal, and run scored Justin Arrington was 2-for-5 with a pair of RBI's. Giove Capuana was 1-for-4 with a solo shot.

A little good news for the day, Grand Rapids righty Juan Barajas threw a perfect game in a 5-0 win over the Rochester Rockers! Barajas has made 8 big league starts and has been far from perfect, but he's had a great season with the Bulls, going 6-2 with a 2.33 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 11 starts. He's struck out 92 and walked just 19 in 73.1 innings. He deserves a callup, but I really don't want to release anyone to make room for him.

Tomorrow is also the draft, which I'll cover after we get swept...

June 5th, 1903: All-Star Update! Jesus Camargo has a commanding lead for 2B. Giobbe Capuana is third for 3B. Damian Salvido has a commanding lead for SS. Justin Arrington leads LF. Carlos Sandate leads CF. Brett Olsen is 3rd for RF. Tobais Laranjeira sits in 2nd and Juan de Loera in 4th for RP.

Okay, please don't get swept guys! Vince Brown (7-1, 3.74 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) took on fellow veteran Oscar Vega (2-3, 5.23 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) in the finale in Chicago. Thankfully, we managed to steal the finale, winning 7-3 to avoid the pathetic sweep from the pathetic team.

Brown did fine, 6 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Ben Follmar, Jeremy Gotwals, and the well rested Simon Ellingson each had perfect frames, with the former and latter also recording a punch out.

Brown was the only Charger with a two hit game, going 2-for-2 with a sac-bunt and run scored. Jstin Arrington went 1-for-2 with 3 walks and a three run homer. Omar Atillio was 1-for-2 with 2 walks, a run scored, and RBI. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a solo homer as Sandate's replacement. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a walk and solo homer.

Every member of the starting lineup recorded a hit!

Washington's Marcos Hernandez struck out 15 in a 10-2 win over the Mustangs.

I purchased SS Juan Garcia from the Parkersburg Power, an independent minor league team in the Virginia-West Virginia League.

My first draft in Detroit is next! Our first pick is 9th, so hopefully our selection will turn into a superstar! Detroit has been notoriously bad at drafting, and when they guess right, they give up too early. They love missing on top 3 picks, and if I didn't take over this year, they probaly would've waive 3 of their 4 #1 Overall Picks (I saved D.J. Runke). The only guy they didn't waive, Ben Hernandez, never made the majors. This is also their 2nd lowest 1st Round selection, with Chandler Nelson the 10th Overall Pick in 1901. He was their 2nd 1st Rounder, so I'm guessing it was from a Type A Free Agent.

Oh well, let's break the cycle!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-16-2019, 12:24 PM   #22
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Amateur Draft

Happy Draft Day!

Buffalo had the first pick, and took SP Jake Miller out of Michigan. He's definitely talented, but it's super risky to take a fragile guy #1 overall when you're building a team from scratch.

1st Round, 9th Overall: SP Mark Gibson (3): I was really hoping I could get a better guy with the 9th overall pick, but sadly, Gibson was the best available. He's a really good pitcher with #2 potential, but he's got a ton of developing left to go. He's got plus-plus stuff, but just average movement and control. He does average in the 94-96 range with three 80+ pitchers, a fastball, curve, and change. He's got great stamina as well, and is just looking for slot value.

1st Round, 23rd Overall: 3B Dave Melton (3): I got this pick from letting Angel Contreras go in free agency, and I decided to grab a 3B with a little more potential then his overall. The problem with Melton, however, is OSA isn't a big fan of him and his only plus offensive skill is his eye, albeit, an elite eye. He's a great base runner and great defender at third, and he'll always have that going for him. He's basically the opposite of Giobbe Capuana.

2nd Round, 42nd Overall: SP Bob Brenkus (2.5): I got this pick as well from the Contreras signing. Brenkus intends to go to college, but I can try to convince him to say. He's a middle of the rotation starter that kind've reminds me of Carlos Ramirez. He's got average stuff and movement, but plus-plus control. He has a nice 4 pitch arsenal of an average cut and forkball with a plus change and split. He doesn't throw too hard, just 90-92 with the hard stuff, but the 18-year-old can increase his velocity with age.

2nd Round, 43rd Overall: CF Arturo Sanchez (2.5): I had back to back picks, so I went with a 18-year-old from Baptist Regional in Haddon Heights, NJ in Arturo Sanchez. A speedy and athletic outfielder, he's got elite range in center with a plus arm. He's a contact hitter, with plus-plus contact, but absolutely no power (5). He's a perfect leadoff hitter, but at worst a great 4th outfielder that can make things happen.

3rd Round, 59th Overall: SS Caleb Gentry (2.5): Most of the talented players left won't sign, but just like with Brenkus I'll try to sign him. Gentry is very similar to Sanchez, a great defender with great speed and a ton of powerless contact. He can slot at any of the infield spots with plus-plus range, error, and arm with an elite ability to turn double plays. All his offensive skills, but his 12 power, is plus, so he's definitely a valuable leadoff type hitter as well.

3rd Round, 60th Overall: RP Ken Duplisea (2.5): Another back-to-back, Dupliesa was a junior from Dalls Baptist who started for them, but as a two-pitch guy he's a reliever for us. He's got plus stuff and control with average movement, but he's nearly developed. He's got an elite change with a plus-plus fastball that sits in the 93-95 range. He can pitch an inning or two if needed, and should be in Detroit very soon.

4th Round, 77th Overall: CF Mark Pinette (2.5): OSA hates him, but with very little talent left I was willing to take the risk. He's probaly best suited in left, but he's a solid defender at all three spots. He's got plus range and a plus-plus arm so he could end up in right too. He's got a plus-plus eye, but none of his other tools are much better then average. He's got good foot speed, but won't steal too much.

5th Round, 93rd Overall: SP Jordan Stinson (2): Another high schooler, Stinson has enough excitement to warrant a signing bonus. He's got a decent three pitch arsenal with a plus-plus fastball and curve and then a fringe changeup that could develop into a suitable 3rd pitch (47). He can eat a ton of innings, and has a great personality.

6th Round, 190th Overall: CF Jorge Perez (2): A Kent State junior, Perez was selected by the Lightning in the 9th Round of the 1900 draft. A glove first outfielder, he's got elite range and an elite arm as well as elite speed and base stealing ability. He's a light hitter, but he has a little bit of pop that you still have to respect his bat.

7th Round, 125th Overall: C Joe Porter (2): Another light hitting batter, Porter's got a plus-plus eye but little to no power. He's got average contact and for a catcher, that's already better then average. He's an average catcher, but he's got a plus-plus arm.

8th Round, 141st Overall: RP Chris McKinnie (2): A senior stopper from Florida, McKinnie has a perfect 100 rating for stuff potential. He's got an 72/88 fastball and 70/100 change up that could already fool major leaguers. So why did he fall to the 8th Round? Well, he's got 23 movement potential and 35 control potential. The lefty can light up the radar gun, but after enough pitches he may actually hit it in stead of the catcher's glove. He's a great leader, which could perhaps help him develop even more. He's good enough to start in Class C Keyser.

9th Round, 157th Overall: 2B Francisco Ventura (2): I shied away a little from glove first player with a pretty even hitter and fielder with Francisco Ventura. He can be a plus defender at second and maybe third, but definitely not at short where he shouldn't be more then a fill in. He's got plus contact, gap power, and avoid K's ability. He can't run too well, but he'll make up for it with a sweet lefty swing.

10th Round, 173rd Overall: SS Terry Merrick (2): Undrafted out of high school, he attended Sayre, a JUCO in Lexington, and boosted his draft stock. He could be a plus-plus defender at third or short, and despite no expereince at second, there too. He's got an elite arm with plus-plus tools for range, error, and trun DP ability. He won't hit too much, but he at least has plus contact.

11th Round, 189th Overall: CF Jonathan Brooks (2): He won't sign, but he's got versatility to play the infield and outfield. He's got a plus-plus eye, but that's about all with the bat. He's also got blinding speed, which I love.

12th Round, 205th Round: SP Devon Britt (1.5): UCLA didn't go as planned for Devon Britt, who was a 4th Rounder back in 1900 by Baltimore. He doesn't really have starter stamina, but has an uninspiring 5 pitch arsenal that is highlighted by a plus fastball. He does throw in the mid 90s, but doesn't really scream big league starter.

13th Round, 221st Overall: LF Aaron Goodwin (1.5): A speedy lefty, Goodwin can play all three outfield spots as well as first base. He's not the best defender, but he's got elite range that makes up for a below avaerage arm. He's got plus gap power and he hits the ball in the air, even if it doesn't go that far.

14th Round, 237th Overall: RF John Leach (1.5): Another 1B/OF, Leach has plus range, error, and arm ability. He's got plus contact with no power, and has good foot speed despite not being much of a base runner. He was undrafted out of high school, but went to Pattonville for a year and boosted his draft stock with a nice .313/.367/.419 batting line.

15th Round, 253rd Overall: C Mike Holmes (1.5): He won't sign, but he's got a really great bat that I couldn't pass on. He's got elite eye with plus-plus gap and homer power. He's got a weak arm right now, but is a great pitch framer.

16th Round, 269th Overall: LF Tim Perry (1.5): Another otufielder pick, we were low on low minors outfielders. He's another 1B/OF, but is a much better hitter then fielder. He's got plus contact, gap, and homer poewr, but he has a terrible eye. He'll likely never walk, but he won't strike out too much either.

17th Round, 285th Overall: SP Josh Dean (0.5): I needed to grab a few pitchers, so I went with control artist Josh Dean. He's got plus control and elite stamina. He doesn't throw too fast, averaging 86-88 with a plus curve and average slider and fastball.

18th Round, 301st Overall: CF/P Eddie Hill (0.5/1.5): Hill was listed as an outfielder, but I like him more as a pitcher. He throws 87-89 with an interesting 6 pitch mix headlined by a plus curve, his only plus pitch. He's got decent control, but isn't the most special player.

19th Round, 317th Overall: RF Nate Wilocx (1.5): Undrafted out of high school, he went to Caddo, a college in Oklahoma, and earned a late selection. I like him in right, but he can play all three spots. He's got an elite arm and won't kill you in the field. He's got plys contact, but as expected, no power.

20th Round, 333rd Overall: SP Chris Gehman (0.5): We finish the draft with a senior from Missouri who was an 8th Round Pick by the Hornets in the 1899 draft. He had a rough college career, but he's great at keeping the ball on the ground and has decent movement. Nothing special, but how many 20th round picks do anything?

The next class of studs in Detroit? Maybe I'll trade them or give them up too early like the old regimes!

Back to baseball, we head home to hosts the 43-12 first place St. Louis Lightning. We'll go against knuckler Matt Nesgoda (6-1, 2.97 ERA) and southpaws Eddie Long (6-2, 3.22 ERA) and Ron Howard (6-4, 3.50 ERA). If we can't beat the Cardinals, maybe we can beat the best team in the league...
Old 03-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #23
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 6th-June 12th

June 6th, 1903: Oh man...

Carlos Sandate will miss the rest of the season with a torn labrum. Losing someone who was hitting .305/.400/.594 with 15 homers and 38 RBI's is really hard. Pair that with 9 steals and elite defense and he's nearly impossible to replace.

Worst part is, I really don't have anyone else who can play center...

I had to purchase the contract of LF Kevin Duane, who's only rated a 30 in center field. A 31-year-old minor league signing, he's got a .252/.340/.402 line with 49 homers, 59 steals, and 205 RBI's in 1,990 career UBL at bats. The former Baltimore 3rd Rounder has spent time with the Titans/Hornets, Pilots, Cardinals, and Calvary.

Duane, who was hitting .245/.434/.394 in Grand Rapids will come off the bench, while Jim Raines will start in center. Raines is rated just a 32 himself...

Bob Brenkus declined his offer, but Arturo Sanchez, who was seleced right after him, netted just a $80 bonus despite being a 2nd rounder.

Well, to make matters worse, we had to face the best team in the league, the St. Louis Lightning. Eddie Long (6-2, 3.22 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) jumped ahead in the rotation, and he'd face fellow southpaw D.J. Ruhnke (6-3, 3.23 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). I didn't really expect to win after all that happened, so losing 6-2 wasn't the worst thing that could happen.

Ruhnke went 6 with 10 hits, 6 runs, 4 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Tim Weiss, who I thought was getting the spot start for Hall, went 2 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.

Damian Salcido had the only extra base hit, going 2-for-5 with a double. Jim Raines was 2-for-5 with an RBI. Mike Legg was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Muhan Takin was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

June 7th, 1903: 5th Round Pick Jordan Stinson signed a $43 signing bonus.

We looked to even the series up with Carlos Ramirez (3-6, 5.06 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) facing Matt Nesgoda (6-1, 2.97 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). Nesgoda beat us earlier in the year, but we put up a bunch of runs on him. It would be hard to call this one a contest, as we were domianted 8-1.

Ramirez went 5.2 with 10 hits, 5 runs, 4 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Ben Follmar allowed a hit, run, walk, and got a strikeout in an inning. All-Star hopeful Juan de Loera allowed 2 hits and 2 runs in an inning.

Mike Shaddox was 2-for-5 with a solo homer. Josh Steven was 2-for-4 with 2 doubles.

June 8th, 1903: Brett Olsen suffered a 4 game setback and now Juan Vela has an unknown return, so the injuries are really sucking right now.

Washington CF Danny Dala and Buffalo 2B John McKenzie were named Player of the Week.

We dropped a spot down to 7, and at 32-28 are now 14.5 games out of first, but just a half game out of second.

We looked to avoid getting swept with Nate McCue (8-3, 3.41 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) taking on Ron Howard (6-4, 3.50 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). Thankfully, McCue was so great that we were able to salvage the finale with a 4-1 win.

Luckily, we get tomorrow off!

Anyways, McCue went 7.2 innings, allowing 4 hits, a walk, and an unearned run while striking out 5. Simon Ellingson got a save, 1.1 innings with a strikeout.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a steal and solo homer. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a solo shot.

Cardinals lefty Andy Riffle tossed a 2-hit shutout in a 9-0 win over the Red Hawks.

June 9th, 1903: Thankfully, we got today off so I could focus on getting a beautiful new center fielder. I managed to find one rather easy, wrestling CF Jorge Rancier from Cinncinati's Class A team for LF Jay Morgan.

Rancier, 29, is a 2* 26-year-old who's on an affordable $840 first time arbitration deal. He's an excellent defender, rated 90, 63, and 77 at the outfield positions with elite speed, although he's not the best base runner. He's just an average hitter, but he's having a solid season between Cinncy and Class A Columbus, hitting .317/.378/.455 in the majors and .321/.409/.420 in the minors. In his big league career, he's recorded 1,149 at bats and has slashed .287/.350/.436 with 28 homers and 116 RBI's.

We'll head to New York to face the 32-26 Rebels. They have a small half game lead over us that I really want to flip. We'll face Joe Miller (6-2, 2.83 ERA), Bill Peet (0-1, 9.95 ERA), and Ernie Morris (4-2, 4.35 ERA).

June 10th, 1903: We got to face break out star Joe Miller (6-2, 2.83 ERA, 0.98 WHIP) who's done a great job of replicating the incapacitated Kevin Miller. Vince Brown (8-1, 3.80 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) would do his best to keep us in this one. Rancier made his debut in center, hitting 8th. Down 5-3, we tied it after single runs in the 7th and 8th. In the 9th, Jesus Camargo launched a 2-run shot off the generally shutdown George Mars, who's been awful this season, giving us a 7-5 comeback win.

And a playoff spot!

Brown had a rough start, 5.2 innings with 9 hits, 5 runs, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Jeremy Gotwals, with an ERA still north of 10, got the win and Simon Ellingson got the save. Both allowed a hit in a scorless inning.

Mike Legg was 3-for-5 with a double, 3 runs, and 2 solo homers. Damain Salcido was 2-for-5 with a two run homer. Camargo was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a walk, a double, and the two run homer. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4 with a double and solo homer.

If you remember, I traded Jose Morales a while back in the McCue trade. A former 6th Overall Pick, the Seattle Rainmen (Class C) starting pitcher tossed a perfect game in a win over the Portland Wolfpack.

So yeah...

June 11th, 1903: We looked to keep rolling, with D.J. Ruhnke (6-4, 3.73 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) taking on surprise starter Bill Peet (0-1, 9.95 ERA, 1.74 WHIP) who's making just his 2nd start and appearence on the year. It was a close game, but the Rebels broke a way a bit late to take the middle match 6-3.

Ruhnke allowed 4 runs off 8 hits in 6 innings. He walked 5 and struck out 3. Justin Pezzetti allowed 2 runs off 3 hits in an inning.

We had just 4 hits, half from Damian Salcido who was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a three run homer.

June 12th, 1903: Brett Olsen will begin a quick rehab assignment while I brought back Tobias Larienjeira from his. I optioned Follmar back down to Grand Rapids.

1st Rounder Dave Melton signed a $160 bonus and 4th Rounder Mark Pinette inked a $62 bonus.

Another fan vote update, Jesus Camargo has a 20,000+ vote lead for 2B, 3B Giobbe Capuana is a far third for 3B. Damian Salcido has a nearlhy 15,000 vote lead at SS. Justin Arrington has a 10,000+ vote lead for LF. The injured Carlos Sandate has a slim 3,000 point lead at CF and will likely fall out. Brett Olsen is a distant third for RF. Juan de Loera is 4th for RP and barely behind 2nd, but way behind 1st.

We looked to put ourselves back in 2nd and take a road series win with Cody Hall (4-3, 5.33 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) making his first start since the suspension. Erik Pike (4-5, 3.81 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) would look to defend homefield. Despite being outhit, we managed to top the Rebels 7-4, and retake a half game lead in the Wildcard.

Hall went 8 innings with 10 hits, 4 runs (just 1 earned)..., a walk, and 2 strikeouts. A fresh Laranjeira picked up the save, giving up a hit with a strikeout in his return.

Josh Stevens was 3-for-5 with 2 homers, 3 runs, and 3 RBI's. Damian Salcido was 3-for-4 with a double and two run homer. Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a walk and 2 solo homers.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 13th-June 19th

Even with the release of OOTP 20 today, I'm going to keep this on OOTP 19 for now:

June 13th, 1903: We're starting what I hope is going to be a nice, win filled homestand, with Nate McCue (9-3, 3.17 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) battling Derrick Fullerton (2-3, 7.27 ERA, 1.75 WHIP) and the Milwaukee Mustangs. Leading 5-0 after 6, we tried really hard to let the Mustangs comeback, but we managed to edge them 5-4 to take the opener.

McCue pitched fine, 8 innings with just 5 hits and 2 walks, but 4 runs (3 earned) and 5 strikeouts. Tobias Laranjeira earned the save, striking out 2 in a perfect 9th.

Damian Salcido was 3-for-4 with 2 doubles, a run scored, and 2 RBI's. Jim Raines was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Josh Stevens was 2-for-3 with a walk and RBI. Muhan Yakin was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with a walk, steal, run scored, and RBI.

June 14th, 1903: We looked to take the series a day early with Carlos Ramirez (3-7, 5.22 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) facing southpaw Allan Sain (2-4, 5.70 ERA, 1.58 WHIP). Both pitchers got wins against the opponent earlier this year. Again, we had a lead that we wanted to blow, but this time we succeded, dropping the middle game 9-8.

Well, to be fair, we only had 5 hits...

Oh yeah, and our 2nd star Damian Salcido left with an injury...

NONE OF THESE GUYS GETTING INJURED ARE FRAGILE!!!!!!!!

Why couldn't the fragile Jim Raines or the wrecked Mike Shaddox get injured.

Nope, it has to be my superstars...

Ramirez, like always, pitched wayyyyyyyyyyy too long, allowing 8 hits and 8 runs in 7.1 innings with 3 walks and 6 strikeouts. Tobias Laranjeira got the loss, 3 hits and a run with a strikeout in an inning.

Jesus Camargo was basically the offense, going 3-for-5 with 3 runs, 3 RBI's, and a homer. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a walk, and homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-5 with a run scored.

June 15th, 1903: 3rd Rounder Kevin Duplisea signed a $88 signing bonus.

Shockingly, I managed to dump Ramirez, who had more then overstayed welcome, was sent to the Red Hawks (who only have to pay 60% of his salary), for 23-year-old Joe Stoner.

Stoner, a 3rd Round pick of the Red Hawks back in 1898, is on the 40 and will head down to St. Joseph. Rated a 0.5/2.5*, he's got middle-to-back of the rotation potential with averae stuff, movement, and control. He can eat innings, throws a plus-plus fastball and cutter in the 94-96 MPH range as well as an average change.

I brought up Juan Barajas, who tossed a no-hitter three starts ago. The 24-year-old was 8-2 with a 2.05 ERA and 0.84 WHIP with 115 strikeouts and just 23 walks in 88 innings.

Oh yeah, and guess who was Player of the Week in the AL? Damian Salcido... He hit .524 with 2 homers, 6 RBI's, and 4 runs scored, but is still pending a likely scary diagnosis.

The NL Player of the Week was Philadelphia 3B Jesus Ortega.

We did have a minor leaguer win Player of the Week, 3B Joel Hendrix. A former 1st Rounder, the Bay City Ace won the Great Lakes League Player of the Week. He hit .450 with 2 homers and 5 RBI's and is hitting .326 with 8 homers and 44 RBI's on the year.

Buffalo lost former #1 Overall Pick Billy Gilmore for the rest of the season after just 0.2 innings in the big leagues. Milwakee took him #1 Overall way back in 1892, and he's never really lived up to his potential, and it's been in part to the fact that he's always injured.

We moved back up to 5th in the Power Rankings. At 36-30, and 15.5 games out of first. We sit in 2nd, and have a 2.5 game lead over the Rebels.

We needed the series win, and Vince Brown (8-1, 4.06 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) took on Mike Rivers (2-3, 3.19 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). Both starters ddefeated the other team earlier in the year, with Rivers allowing no runs and Brown just 1. We got 5 huge runs in the 8th, including a beautiful grand slam by Mike Legg, and we escaped with an 8-4 series clincher.

Brown improved to 9-1, tossing 8 innings with 8 hits, 4 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Jeremy Gotwals got his ERA below 9, striking out 2 in a pefect 9th.

Legg was 2-for-5 with 2 runs and the big grand slam. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-3 with a double, run scored, walk, and 2 RBI's. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Josh Stevens was 1-for-3 with a run scored and sac-fly. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and a run scored.

Washington will come to town for four. At 32-34, they sit in 4th, 20 out of first and 4.5 behind us. We'll see most of the rotation, starting with righties Bobby Centeno (1-6, 4.03 ERA) and Chris Brown (3-7, 5.08 ERA), southpaw Jose Gonzalez (5-5, 3.58 ERA), and then 25-year-old emerging star Willis Salinas (7-1, 3.26 ERA). We get to avoid Marcos Hernandez (10-4, 2.66 ERA) who pitched a 12 inning 1-hitter with 3 walks and 11 strikeouts, but got a no decision because no one scored until the Chicago Cardinals walked-off in the 15th.

July 16th, 1903: Salcido was diagnosed with a strained oblique, and will head to the DL for 2-3 weeks. In a fluerry of roster moves, I btought back Brett Olsen from his rehab, DFA'd Kevin Duane, and purchased the contract of Joe Ward from Grand Rapids.

Ward, 35, was hitting .323/.393/.460 with 4 homers and 23 RBI's in Grand Rapids. A 35-year-old vet, the defensive superstar has 7 Gold Gloves and a .280/.343/.408 line with 89 homers, 122 steals, and 463 RBI's with Philly (1891-1899), St. Louis (1900-1901), and Newark (1902). The Richmond native was a 5th Rounder of Baltimore in 1886, but didn't sign and instead went to his local college, Richmond, where he became the 16th overall pick in 1889 by Philly.

Ward will fill in at short.

9th Overall Pick Mark Gibson signed a $516 signing bonus.

The opener saw D.J. Ruhnke (6-5, 3.91 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) face Bobby Centeno (1-6, 4.03 ERA, 1.45 WHIP), making just his 3rd start of the year after 21 relief appearences. With no Salcido and Sandate, our lineup looks so much less scary then usual... And I was right, as we fell 3-1 in the opener.

This better not be a trend...

Ruhnke picked up the loss, allowing 4 hits, 3 runs, and 4 walks with 9 strikeouts in 7 innings pitched. Simon Ellingson went 2 innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-2 with a double and 2 walks. Ward went 1-for-4 in his Charger debut.

June 17th, 1903: Juan Vela will begin a rehab assignment in Grand Rapids.

We looked to even the series back up with Cody Hall (5-3, 4.94 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) facing Chris Brown (3-7, 5.08 ERA, 1.75 WHIP). They both met on May 23rd, where Hall came out victorious 4-2. We flipped the score, winning 3-1 today!

And this was without the tired Jesus Camargo.

Hall was brilliant, 8 strong innings with 3 hits, a run, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. Laranjeira picked up his 9th save, walking 1 and striking out 2 in the 9th.

Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Mike Sahddox was 1-for-4 with a solo shot.Brett Olsen was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

June 18th, 1903: Nate McCue (10-3, 3.19 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) was on the mound for the third game against southpaw Jose Gonzalez (5-5 ,3.58 ERA, 1.22 WHIP), who's been red hot as of late. McCue has handeled the Wildcats well, going 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA and 16 strikeouts in his 2 starts. The offense decided to show up today, and we held off a late rally in a 7-4 victory.

McCue went 8 with 7 hits, 4 runs (2 earned), a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Laranjeira struck out the side in a perfect 9th, joining Simon Ellingson as Chargers with double digit saves.

A fully rested Jesus Camargo was 3-for-3 with a double, 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a walk, and homer. Joe Ward was 2-for-4 with a triple and run scored. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a walk and two run homer. Mike Legg was 1-for-4 with a double, walk, run scored, and RBI.

24-year-old southpaw Matt Patterson tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 6-0 Freedom win over the Hornets.

June 19th, 1903: Interesting enough, the Wildcats just offered me today's started Willis Salinas to see if I was interested in a trade. I was, but basically they wanted Ruhnke or Montalvo, my future ace top prospect.

Kevin Duane wouldn't accept an outright assignment. I ate 40% of his salary to take a flier on former Lightning 1st Round Pick Bobby Smarsh.

Smarsh, 24, is a durable middle infielder who I think could also learn third base well. He's a decent athlete and decent defender who will almost never strike out. He doesn't have the best eye, but has a decent enough bat that he's worth a second look. He'll head to St. Joseph to learn the hot corner.

But more importantly, fan vote updates! Jesus Camargo is destroying everyone in the second base race, despiste 10 more games at third. Giobbe Capuana, who's playing first, is 50,000 votes behind both Jordan Carrillo and Ben Etienne in the third base race. Carillo and Etienne have personal history, as Etienne became the odd man out in a crowded corner infield in St. Louis, and then responded by winning MVP and a World Series with New York, who beat St. Louis on the way in 1901. Damian Salcido holds a comftorable lead at SS. Same with Arrington in Left. Somehow, Sandate still leads CF, but Milwaukee CF Brad Marino should pass him soon.

Southpaw Juan Barajas would make his season debut against Willis Salinas (7-1, 3.26 ERA, 1.35 WHIP), who's only loss came in Detroit on the 25th of May. I'm not saying it's going to be Barajas' last start, but if we keep losing 9-2 it might be...

Barajas went 5.1 innings with 6 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 4 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Juan de Loera went 3.2 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Mike Legg was 2-for-4. Omar Atillio was 1-for-3 with a run scored, RBI, and walk. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

We finish up our homestand as the 7th Place Chicago Cardinals come to town. At 25-43, they have a game lead over Milwaukee for the last spot, and they are 29 games behind the Lightning in first. We'd see Oscar Vega (2-5, 5.75 ERA), Bobby Goldberg (3-8, 4.12 ERA), and Tony Maldonado (4-4, 4.78 ERA).

We better beat them this time...
Old 03-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #25
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 20th-June 26th

June 20th, 1903: We welcomed the Cardinals and Bobby Goldberg (3-8, 4.12 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) to town with Vince Brown (9-1, 4.10 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). With no Ben Etienne in the lineup for Chicago, we really needed to take advantage of a weak offense. But unless Etienne could make up 8 runs, we would've been fine, taking all of our anger out from last series in a 10-2 opening win.

Brown went 7.2 innings, allowing 7 hits, 2 runs, and 3 walks with 8 strikeouts.

Brett Olsen continued to mash, going 4-for-5 with 2 homers and 5 RBI's. Jesus Camargo was 3-for-4 with 4 runs, 3 RBI's, a double, and 2 homers. Mike Legg was 2-for-5 with 2 runs and an RBI. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with a double. Joe Ward was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and RBI. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a run scored.

June 21sst, 1903: Game two saw D.J. Ruhnke (6-6, 3.90 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) battle Oscar Vega (2-5, 5.75 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). They got 4 in the 1st, we got 4 in the 2nd, but that was all our scoring, and they evened the series with a 6-4 win.

Ruhkne allowed 5 runs in 6 innings wiht 8 hits, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti allowed an unearned run off 3 hits in 3 innings.

We had 9 hits as a team, and Giobbe Capuana had more then half of them. Going 5-for-5 (all singles...) with an RBI and an error, he didn't really help produce runs. Ruhnke was better at that, going 1-for-2 with a run scored and RBI. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

June 22nd, 1903: Washington RF Gus Levya and Boston RF Mike Koski were named Player of the Week.

One of our top prospects and former #8 overall pick Jonathan Simmons was named American League Player of Week. He hit .609, all while learning how to play CF (he's a natural RF).

At 40-33, we moved up to 4th in the Power Rankings, trailing St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. Still 17.5 behind the Lightning, we have a decent 3.5 game kead over the 35-35 Rebels.

We looked to battle back to take the finale with Cod Hall (6-3, 4.61 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) facing Tony Maldonado (4-4, 4.78 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). The offense came back today to "overpower" the Cardinals, and we took the series with an 11-6 victory.

Hall only went 4 innings, allowing 6 hits, 3 runs, and 3 walks, but with 7 strikeouts. Travis Walters got the win, 2 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts. It was the first win of his young career. Simon Ellingson got a 3 inning "save" despite 4 hits, 3 runs, and a walk with 4 strikeouts.

Mike Shaddox was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and three run homer. Joe Ward was 3-for-4 with a run scored. Brett Olsen was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a homer. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a homer.

We're off to New Orleans for a four game set with the Cajuns. At 33-40, they sit 24 out of first and 7.5 behind us. We'll get former Charger Jesse Salvetti (4-1, 4.00 ERA), Gene Parsons (3-0, 4.22 ERA), Steve Hudson (4-5, 5.19 ERA), and Jaime Bottorff (4-6, 6.25 ERA).

June 23rd, 1903: The opener in New Orleans featured an always fun "I was traded for you" matchup between Nate McCue (11-3, 3.13 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) and Jesse Salvetti (4-1, 4.00 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). With it being McCue's first start back in New Orleans, he got a nice ovation before the game started. The ovation continued all game when Salvetti outdueled McCue in a 7-1 Cajuns win.

He's out for avengence every time we play him...

Last year in Detroit: 6-2, 6.57 ERA, 1.78 WHIP, 46 Ks, 30 BB, 49.1 IP

This year against Detroit: 2-0, 0.66 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 14 Ks, 7 BB, 13.2 IP

McCue pitched the whole game for one reason or another, 8 innings with 11 hits, 7 runs (5 earned), 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts.

Joe Ward was 2-for-2 with a walk and hit by pitch. Josh Stevens was 1-for-4 with a solo homer.

June 24th, 1903: Game two saw Juan Barajas (0-1, 8.44 ERA, 1.88 WHIP) take on Gene Parsons (3-0, 4.22 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). The offense was still in Detroit (or too busy eating...) and we dropped the contest 6-2.

Barajas left with shoulder inflammation, and would miss 5-6 weeks. He lasted just 2.1 innings with 2 hits, a run, walk, and 3 strikeouts. Gene Parsons also left the game with an injury, so neither starter finished the 3rd.

Travis Walters was roughed up for 5 hits and 4 runs in 3 innings. He walked 2 and struck out 3. Pezzetti allowed a run off 4 hits in 2.2 innings.

Mike Shaddox was 4-for-5 with a steal, 2 doubles, and 2 RBI's. Brett Olsen was 2-for-4. Justin Arrington came off the bench and was 1-for-1 with a triple, walk, and 2 runs scored.

June 25th, 1903: I didn't need to callup a starter with the off day coming up on the 27th, so I brought up Ben Follmar. My manager actually has Walters as the new #5 starter, and I might leave him there.

Follmar has 10 big league innings, working to a 1.80 ERA and 1.20 WHIP with 7 walks and 10 strikeouts.

I also decided that Juan Vela, who was having a terrible rehab assignemnt, would probably just end up staying in Grand Rapids with Capuana doing well at 1B.

We needed a win today, but the weather had a different idea, calling for a rain out and double header tomorrow. Thankfully, this wouldn't effect us really in any way.

June 26th, 1903: Pilots righty David Colaizzi will miss the rest of the year with a torn back muscle. He was 1-4 with a 5.53 ERA in 9 relief appearences and 5 starts.

Fan vote update! Camargo paces all 2B. Capuana sits a distant third for 3B. Salcido, Arrington, and Sandate lead at SS, LF, and CF, despite Arrington being the only healthy one. Brett Olsen looks to be snubbed even though he's probably having the best season on my team, and Tobias Laranjeira surfaced back at 5th for RP.

Even with injuries, Olsen is hitting .345/.401/.669 with 11 homers and 34 RBI's in just 40 games. And fans generally don't hold crappy defense against someone...

Game 1 of the double header saw D.J. Ruhnke (6-7, 4.15 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) face fellow southpaw Jaime Bottorff (4-6, 6.25 ERA, 1.60 WHIP). Down 4-2 in the 9th, we rallied for 5 to take the first of the double header 7-4.

Ruhkne went 7 innings with 7 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts. Pezzetti got the win, despite 2 hits and a walk in the 8th. What helped more was his 2-run single and later scoring in the 9th. Tobias Laranjeira needed just 6 pitches, including a three pitch strikeout, to earn his 11th save in a perfect 9th inning.

Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with a double and 2 runs scored. Mike Legg was 2-for-4 with a steal, run scored, and RBI. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a walk and solo homer. Josh Stevens was 1-for-3 with a walk and double.

Washington 1B Amilcar Minau hit his 300th career home. A long time Cinncinati Red Hawk, he spent 1895-1901 there before single seasons with Baltimore and Washington. He's a career .278/.333/.570 hitter in 3,828 career at bats and became the 63rd member of the 200 homer club. The closest active player to joining is former #1 overall pick Ray Whelan who has 289 for his career and 15 this season, all with the Pilots who drafted him.

Game 2 of the double header saw Vince Brown (10-1, 3.97 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) take on Steve Hudson (4-5, 5.19 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). The Cajuns put ip 5 in the 1st and curised to a 8-1 win.

Yeah, tough series...

At least we're off tomorrow!

Brown went 5 innings with 5 hits, 5 runs, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Tim Weiss allowed 6 hits and 3 runs in 3 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-3 with a double and walk. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a steal.

Oh yeah, and after the offday, we get to head to St. Louis to face the unbeatable St. Louis Lightning...

And New York got a sweep so they're just half a game back.

Yay...
Old 03-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #26
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 27th-July 3rd

June 27th, 1903: We got today off before heading to St. Louis for three. We'd face Mike Wilson (5-1, 3.29 ERA), Ron Howard (7-5, 3.77 ERA), and Matt Nesgoda (8-2, 3.41 ERA).

June 28th, 1903: We lead with our best for the opener as Nate McCue (11-4, 3.27 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) took on Ron Howard (7-5, 3.77 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). Despite the quality pitching match, runs were plentiful all game. After trailing 8-4 to start the 6th, we cut into the deficit little by little before a Giobbe Capuana 2-run homer off former Charger Robert Lehmann pushed us ahead in the 9-8 victory.

McCue continued to look terrible and make me regret the trade and extension, allowing 10 hits and 8 runs with a walk and 5 strikeouts in 6 innings. Jeremy Gotwals got the win and Tobias Laranjeira got the save.

Capuana was perfect, 4-for-4 with 2 homers, a double, walk, 4 runs, and 6 RBI's. Justin Arrington was 3-for-4 with 2 doubles, a hit by pitch, and three runs scored. Jorge Rancier was 3-for-5 with a double and run scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a double and RBI.

In desperate need of upper level outfield depth I sent pitchers Ron Linsky and Jehoaichin Sum to the Boston Patriots for outfielders Keith Mundt and Pedro Mendosa.

Mundt, 26, is a former 3rd Rounder of the Patriots. Mendosa, also 26, is actually a former 9th Rounder of the Chargers. Both will have the inside job to a callup if we need depth, but neither is really that good.

June 29th, 1903: Rebels CF Adam Markley and Hornets RF Juan Lopez were named Players of the Week.

We dropped to 5th in the Power Rankings. At 43-36, we sit 17.5 behind today's opponent, but we hold on to a 1 game lead over the Rebels.

As surprising as it sounds, we had a chance to take the series early with former Lightning righty Cody Hall (6-3, 4.70 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) facing Matt Nesgoda (8-2, 3.41 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). Hall lost a brutal start to the Lightning earlier in the year while Nesgoda has picked up 2 wins against us. The scene was very familiar, and we were crushed 8-2.

Hall went 5 with 8 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson allowed 6 hits and 2 runs with just 1 strikeout against his former team. de Loera played his former team as well, tossing a perfect 6-pitch 9th.

Giobbe Capuana stayed hot, going 2-for-4 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Hall was 1-for-1 with a walk, double, and RBI. Joe Ward was 1-for-2 with a double, but left with a hyperextended ankle. It's a minor injury, so he won't head to the DL.

June 30th, 1903: The Lightning pulled a fast one on me, and decided to pitch All-World ace Jim McNiff (9-0, 1.39 ERA, 0.80 WHIP) against Travis Walters (1-0, 4.56 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) who's making his first big league start.

Yeah, we all know how this one goes...

Well, it wasn't a 18-0 demolishing, but we were still beat 6-3...

Walters went 5 innings with 7 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Tim Weiss allowed 3 hits and a run with a walk and strikeout in 2 innings.

Walters would get one more start, as this is unfair to judge him off of.

Capuana was 1-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and RBI. Josh Stevens was 1-for-3 with a walk, double, and 2 driven in. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-5 with a double, steal, and run scored.

No time for rest as we headed quickly to Washington. The Wildcats have fallen down to 6th, and sit 24.5 out with a 37-42 record. We're just 4.5 ahead of them, and we'd see Bobby Centeno (2-7, 4.14 ERA), Jose Gonzalez (6-6, 3.96 ERA), and Chris Brown (3-9, 5.07 ERA).

July 1st, 1903: We got some good news to start the month, as Damian Salcido can begin a rehab assignment. He'll start a rehab assignment with Class D Trenton and the Thunder Dogs.

Monthly Awards: New Orelans 1B Jesus Falcon and Philadelphia 3B Jesus Ortega were Players of the Month. Washington SP Marcos Hernandez and Philadelphia SP Matt Patterson were Pitcher of the Month. Falcon and Pittsburgh 2B Jon Dieckman were Rookies of the Month.

The recently aquired Keith Mundt was named American League Batter of the Month, hitting .333 with 7 homres and 16 RBI's with the Worcester Rush. He has yet to play for Grand Rapids, but he does start in RF.

The Wildcats switched up their rotation to get the lefty Jose Gonzalez (6-6, 3.96 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) on the mound against fellow lefty D.J. Ruhnke (6-7, 4.22 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). It was a tight one, but we got back in the win collum with a 5-4 victory.

Ruhnke went 7 with 7 hits, 4 runs, 3 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Jeremy Gotwals picked up a hold and Tobias Laranjeira got the save.

Giobbe Capuana was 3-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and his 20th homer of the year. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-3 with a double and walk. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a triple, run scored, and RBI. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

New York 1B Roy Luska was 5-for-6 in an 11 inning, 9-8 waloff win over Cinncinati. Down 8-7, he was on first when Alex Guerrero took the first pitch 375 feet over the wall.

July 2nd, 1903: The International Amateur Pool was released and I was really hoping there was a stud I could waste all my money on (this year there is a $920 hard cap), but the best guys available were 2.5* CF's that are asking for less then $200 a piece. I'd likely still exhuast the cap, since I had a decent amount of money to spend.

The middle game saw Vince Brown (10-2, 4.20 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) battle Bobby Centeo (2-7, 4.14 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). Up 5-4, we had a huge, huge error by Jorge Rancier that allowed the game tieing and winning run to score.

Wow...

Oh yeah, and Vince Brown left with an injury...

He went 5.2 innings with 3 hits, 3 runs (1 earned...), a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Laranjeira, who got the loss, allowed 3 hits and 3 runs (1 earned) in 0.1 innings.

Yeah, 4 unearned runs today...

Legg, an 82 rated defender, and Rancier, a 63 rated defender, just had to screw up in the same game...

Justin Arrington was 2-for-5 with a double and 2 runs scored. Mike Legg was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's, so I guess he netted 0 runs today. Brett Olsen was 1-for-5 with a two run homer.

In one of the more "impressive" wins of the year, Buffalo SP Sergio Guervara went 7 innings with 2 hits, 1 run, and 4 strikeouts in a 7-1 win over the Cyclones. The only caveot was the 22 control Guervara walked 10 hitters!

July 3rd, 1903: I went to extend most of my personell today in both the majors and minors.

Another Fan Vote update; Camargo remains 1st for 2B. Capuana stays 3rd for 3B. Salcido somehow still 1st for SS. Arrington still 1st for LF. Sandate remains 1st for CF. Laranjeira remains 5th for RP.

Okay, I can't remember when was the last series we won, so Nate McCue (11-4, 3.65 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) better have his best stuff against Chris Brown (0-2, 4.22 ERA, 1.74 WHIP). McCue is 3-0 with a 2.12 ERA in 3 starts against Washington this year, so he better make that 3 a 4. He didn't really have a say in a game that went 18 innings long, before Tim Weiss hit a batter with the bases loaded, and the Wildcats "walked" off 5-4 winners.

Oh yeah, and the run was unearned...

McCue went 9, allowing 8 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson had a great relief outing, 3 innigns with just 1 hit, 1 walk, and 3 strikeouts. Weiss went 1.1 innings with a hit, run, walk, and strikeout.

A lot of guys had hits, but we lost in 18 innings so no one gets their highlights mentioned...

Both Omar Atillio and Joe Ward will head to the DL with minor injuries.

Called up Vela just to send him back down, but then brought back Salcido and then recalled Danny Sanchez.

Luckily, tomorrow is off...

Man these injuries have sucked...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #27
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 4th-July 14th

July 4th, 1903: A bit of a long one that starts with an off day and ends with the All-Star Break.

Big fun injury news to start the day, with Vince Brown missing the rest of the year with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. He'll end the season 10-2 with a 4.07 ERA.

I had to recall Josh Fisher from Grand Rapids.

Washington helped us a bit, with Joe Miller tossing a 8-hit shutout in a 9-0 win over the Rebels.

We're back home for a three game set with the Red Hawks. At 40-42, they are in 4th place, 24 behind the Lightning and 3.5 games behind the Rebels. We'd see Aaron Hahn (4-2, 2.52 ERA), Dave Rennie (2-3, 4.78 ERA), and Matt Puckett (6-6, 3.90 ERA).

July 5th, 1903: I signed 3* (he moved up a bit in a few days) LF Sal Meza to a $120 signing bonus. He'll never be much of a defender, but he's got a decent bat with plus power and plus-plus foot speed. I also added 1.5* prospect 3B Tony Beltran to a $110 signing bonus.

Interesting trade offer, the Mustangs offered me reigning MVP Al Birkbeck for Giobbe Capuana. It's an intriguing deal, but Birkbeck has been on the decline (at 26...) and he's fragile.

We opened the series with Cody Hall (6-4, 4.91 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) facing Aaron Hahn (4-2, 2.52 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) who's spent most of the season in the bullpen. We couldn't do much of anything today, and we lost the opener 5-1.

I'm really thinking the playoffs is a longshot this year...

Hall went 5 innings with 6 hits, 5 runs (2 earned...), 3 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Juan de Loera struck out 4 and allowed just 1 hit in 2 innings.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-3 with a walk. Josh Stevens was 1-for-4 with a solo homer.

Jim McNiff tossed no-hit the Cardinals in a 4-0 Lightning win. He struck out 12, but walked 5 in his first career no-hitter.

July 6th, 1903: Rebels CF Adam Markley and Freedom 3B Jesus Ortega were named Players of the Week.

We fell way down to 9th in the Power Rankings. At just 44-41, we are 22 out of first, but still just half out of the Wild Card.

We really needed to win this one, with D.J. Ruhnke (7-7, 4.28 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) battling Matt Puckett (6-6, 3.90 ERA, 1.07 WHIP). He's been pitching well of late, but we've beat him twice this year. Make it 3, as we took the middle game 6-3.

Ruhnke went 8 innings with 8 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Tobias Laranjeira got the save, a perfect frame with a punch out.

Giobbe Capuana was 4-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 doubles, a homer, and 4 RBI's. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Ruhnke was 1-for-2 with a sac-bunt. Muhan Yakin was 1-for-4 with a double.

July 7th, 1903: Add another to the IFA class, a speedy 16-year-old CF Carlos Rivera from Panama.

The Rebels made the most shocking trade of all time, sending Joe Miller to the Calvary for 3B Oscar Lopez. I'm honeslty stunned, as the now 29-year-old Miller has had an outstanding season.

I immediately looked to trade for Miller, but the Calvary weren't having it...

It's a tough ask for Travis Walters (1-1, 5.34 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) to try to win the series against former teammate Carlos Ramirez (3-9, 5.61 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). The Redhawks knew when to take Ramirez out, but we still managed to take the finale 9-5.

Walters got the win, going 6 innings with 4 hits, 5 runs (4 earned), 4 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti, Rick Gunter, and Tim Weiss all got holds getting an out a piece in the 7th before we broke ahead for more.

Damian Salcido was hit in the head and suffered a concussion, but a minor enough one that he won't head to the DL. I'd like to give him the last series before the break off just to be sage.

Brett Olsen was 3-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a walk, double, and homer. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 4 RBI's, and a homer. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-4 with a double, sac-bunt, and 2 runs scored. Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 steals. Mike Shaddox, who came off the bench for Salcido, was 2-for-3 with a triple, walk and run scored.

Now tied with the Rebels, they'd be in town for three to finish off the first half of the season. We'd see Erik Pike (8-6, 4.08 ERA), Mike Stebner (6-7, 3.62 ERA), and Ernie Morris (6-2, 3.79 ERA).

3 wins would be the perfect treat, but all I can ask for his another series win.

July 8th, 1903: Mike Stebner (6-7, 3.62 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) hopped over Pike to take on Nate McCue (11-4, 3.67 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) in the opener. We played a really good game, and treated the home fans to a 9-1 victory.

McCue went 9 innings with 8 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 8 strikeouts.

Giobbe Capuana was 3-for-4 with a homer and 3 RBI's. Mike Sahddox was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a homer. Justin Arrington was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and an RBI. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Mike Legg was 1-for-2 with 2 runs and 2 walks.

July 9th, 1903: The Hornets acquired RHP Chris Brown from the Wildcats for CF Brian Farkas, LHP Rico Isais, and CF Chris Shelton.

I'd love to take the series a day early, with Josh Fisher making his season debut against Erik Pike (8-6, 4.08 ERA, 1.02 WHIP), who like Puckett in the previous season, we beat twice this year already. Today was much different then yesterday, and we were toppled 8-2...

Fisher allowed 7 runs and 10 hits in 5 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts. de Loera allwoed a run, walk, and 2 hits in 2 innings.

Justin Arrington basically was the whole offense, going 2-for-3 with 2 walks and 2 solo homers. Jorge Rancier was 3-for-4 with a double. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a steal.

July 10th, 1903: The All-Star rosters were announced today! Representing your Detroit Chargers are SP Nate McCue, RP Juan de Loera, RP Simon Ellingson, 1B Giobbe Capuana, 3B Jesus Camargo, SS Damian Salcido, LF Justin Arrington, and RF Brett Olsen. Camargo, Salcido, and Arrington will start.

But first, we finished the first half of the season with Cody Hall (6-5, 4.85 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) facing Ernie Morris (6-2, 3.79 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). Good thing we had a nice break, as a terrible 4-3, 17 innings loss would be hard to recover from.

And with that, 47-43 is our first half record...

Jesus Camargo was also hit in the head, and has a minor concussion, likely taking him out of the All-Star Game.

Hall pitched well, 6 innings with 4 hits, a run, 3 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti went 2.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, and 4 sstrikeouts. Simon Ellingson had a valliant 3.1 inning relief effort with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts. Tim Weiss went 1.2 innings with a hit, run, walk, and strikeout.

Justin Arrington was 3-for-7 with a run and steal. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-6 with a walk and two run homer. Danny Sanchez was 2-for-3.

I'm going to do my best to try to fix this team over the break...

July 11th, 1903: The Freedom will be without SP Pat Sedlock for the rest of the season with a torn rotator cuff. He appearend in just 7 games (1 start) going 10.2 innings with a 5.06 ERA and 1.69 WHIP.

The All-Star Game is tomorrow.

July 12th, 1903: The rather new Midsummer Classic saw St. Louis' Eddie Long (11-3, 2.80 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) Represent the AL against Brooklyn's Jerry Smith (13-5, 3.52 WHIP, 1.08 WHIP). Both pitchers are in their first year with their current teams, and Smith actually spent half of last year with the Lightning. Arrington hit leadoff, Salcido 6th, and Washington's Pat Kesselman replaced Camargo at second. Our side came on top, winning 8-4!

Arrington was 1-for-4 with a walk and solo homer. Salcido was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 runs scored. Brett Olsen came off the bench, going 0-for-3. Capuana did much better, going 1-for-2 with a solo homer. de Loera was the only Charger pitcher who didn't give up a run, walking 1 and striking out 1 in the 4th. Simon Ellingson followed in the 5th, allowing 2 hits and a run with a strikeout. Nate McCue struggled, allowing a hit and run in 0.1 innings.

July 13th, 1903: Rebels LF Colt Rice and Pilots LF Nick Hemann were named Player of the Week.

Down in the Midwest League, St. Joseph RF Jackson Drake was Player of the Week. He was just 3-for-4 with 2 homers and 3 RBI's and is hitting a pitiful .181 on the year. The Chargers 5th Rounder in 1899, the 25-year-old is fightning his way up the system.

We moved up to 6th in the Power Rankings. At 47-43, we are 23 out of first, but just 1 out of 2nd.

In an effort to take second place, I got down to work in trying to make the team better. I tried to go big, looking to right an old wrong by adding Ben Etienne, but I couldn't take on his huge contract and with a little bit retained they wouldn't accept a deal.

I sent an offer to the Pilots for a young relif pitcher, looking to move an expiring contract reliever.

I did swap lefty relievers with the Rebels, sending Rick Gunter to New York for Tyler Bienvenu. Both guys are 3.5* and both are on expiring deals.

I did a lot more inquiring, and will continue tomorrow before we get back to work the day after.

July 14th, 1903: The final day of the break was very busy. Buffalo sent 1B Frank May and RHP Bobby Voller to the Red Hawks for LF Edwin Cardenas. New Orelans then sent 3B Bob Goldsmith and 2B David Bowen to the Washington for C Richard Trawick and RHP Ted Bates.

I had a few roster moves to make, optioning Muhan Yakin to Grand Rapids and actiavting C Omar Atillio. Joe Ward began rehab in Grand Rapids as well.

I made a big blockbuster, acquiring lontime Cleveland southpaw Jason Campbell for SS Joe Ward, 3B Joel Hendrix, and SP Matt Martinez.

A 32-year-old with an opt-out after this season, Campbell has gone 100-72 with a 3.61 ERA and 1.25 WHIP with 1,558 strikeouts and 558 walks in 249 career games (237 starts). A former 3rd Rounder of the Red Hawks, Campbell is having a bit of a down year, but had ERA's between 3.03 and 3.59 every year from 1897-1902. He'd take Josh Fisher's roster spot and will be our second, shiny new ace!

Can I add a third?

Or more importantly, can we win a few games so I don't need to...

Anyways, back to games tomorrow! Milwaukee will be in town for three, showing Alberto Lucero (6-8, 4.71 ERA), Yeong-shin Kim (5-7, 6.00 ERA), and Allan Sain (4-5, 5.80 ERA). The reigning champs are just 35-55 and 35 games out of first.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #28
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 15th-July 20th

July 15th, 1903: My deal went through! I sent Jeremy Gotwals and 1B Xavier Muhammad to the Pilots for Pat Peters.

A 24-year-old righty, he's rated a 3/5* with elite stuff and plus movement and control. He's got an elite fastball, a poor curve with elite potential, and a throw away change. A groundballer that can hit triple digits, the Pilots 2nd Rounder in 1897 has a 2.50 ERA and 1.37 WHIP with 46 strikeouts in 54 big league innings throughout the past two seasons. He's also got all his option years left, so in case I add another pen arm or he starts to struggle, I can send him to Grand Rapids.

We started the second half at home hosting the Milwaukee Mustangs. Southpaw Jason Campbell (6-9, 4.31 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) made his Charger debut against Alberto Lucero (6-8, 4.71 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). It was basically a flawless debut for Campbell, and we started with a nice 8-3 win.

He allowed 3 unearned runs in 7.1 innings with 5 hits, 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti earned a save, 1.2 innings with 2 hits and a strikeout. Not quite sure how it was a save, but hey! It's a save!

Justin Arrington was 3-for-4 with a triple, steal, run scored, walk, and 4 RBI's. Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and RBI. Mike Legg was 2-for-5 with 2 runs and an RBI. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored.

I missed Arrington's 20th steal, which means he was a 20-20 player in the first half of the season. He's been a 20-20 player in every full season of his career, and a 30-30 player the past five seasons. At 25 homers and 21 steals, he's got a good chance for a sixth.

Wildcats righty Willis Salinas tossed a 1-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Cardinals.

July 16th, 1903: D.J. Ruhnke (8-7, 4.14 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) was on the mound in the second game, taking on Derrick Fullerton (3-5, 6.77 ERA, 1.63 WHIP). Ruhnke and the rest of the staff was still on break, and we were pulverized 13-6. And I say pulverized since 5 of the runs we scored were unearned...

Ruhnke allowed 6 runs in 6 innings with 10 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson allowed 4 hits and 4 runs with 2 walks and a strikeout in the 7th. Ben Follmar allowed 3 runs off a hit and 5 walks with a strikeout in the 8th.

Mike Legg was 2-for-3 with a run scored and RBI. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a walk, double, and 2 RBI's.

July 17th, 1903: We looked to take the rubber match with Nate McCue (12-4, 3.52 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) taking on Yeong-shin Kim (5-7, 6.00 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). McCue is 2-0 with a 3.38 ERA against the Mustangs this year while Kim is 0-2 with a 16.62 ERA against us. We couldn't score, and the lowly Mustangs shut us out 5-0...

Sigh...

McCue allowed 5 runs in 7 innings with 8 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Pat Peters made his team debut, 2 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

We only had 4 hits sprinkled throughout the lineip. Damian Salcido was 1-for-3 with a walk. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-2 with a walk.

Off to St. Louis where we're gonna look even worse. They have a 23.5 game lead over us and a 22 game lead over the Rebels. We'll see reliever turned starter Bobby Brosius (8-0, 1.94 ERA), Ron Howard (9-6, 3.92 ERA), and Jim McNiff (11-0, 1.67 ERA). All lefties, all 4 stars or better...

Yay...

July 18th, 1903: We opened the series in St. Louis with Cody Hall (6-5, 4.67 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) facing Bobby Brosius (8-0, 1.94 ERA, 1.13 WHIP), a 25-year-old futrue star. Not quite sure what happened, but we managed to win the opener 5-1!

Hall went 7 innings with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 3 strikeouts, Pezzetti went 2 innings, allowing just a single hit.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a double, 2 runs, and an RBI. Damian Salcido was 2-for-3 with a sac-fly and 2 RBI's. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with a pair of RBI's. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with 2 runs and 2 walks.

July 19th, 1903: I'd be really shocked if we won today, with Travis Walters (2-1, 5.45 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) getting the terrible luck of drawing the Lightning in another start. He'd face 31-year-old veteran Ron Howard (9-6, 3.92 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). Jim Raines, who hit leadoff, is 6-for-28 against Howard, but 5 of his hits are homers. An 0-for-5 was fitting for Raines, and we were topped 4-1.

Walters allowed 4 runs and 6 hits in 5.2 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Ben Follmar allowed just a hit with two punchouts in 2.1 innings.

Damian Salcido was 1-for-3 with a double, walk, and run scored. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a double and walk.

July 20th, 1903: Cincinnati (I've been spelling it wrong the whole time...) 2B and former Charger Carlos Ruiz and Philadelphia CF Jon Alvarado were named Player of the Week.

We remained 6th in the Power Rankings. At 49-46, we dropped down to fourth, with Cincy half a game ahead of us. They'd be in town after an off day tomorrow.

In likely the best pitching matchup we'll see all year, Jason Campbell (7-9, 4.08 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) would have to outduel Jim McNiff (11-0, 1.67 ERA, 0.81 WHIP) in a hopefully exciting finale. Interesting enough, in 1893, Campbell was the #1 prospect in the league while McNiff sat at #5. As expected, the unbeatable McNiff got the win, and we dropped the finale 5-1.

So yeah, it'd be nice to start winning again...

Campbell went 6.1 innings with 7 hits, 4 runs, 4 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Follmar allowed 2 hits and a run with a strikeout in the 8th.

Justin Pezzetti got the start in center, giong 2-for-3 with a double. Damian Salcido was 1-for-4 with a solo homer.

Brooklyn's Billy Hawkins tossed a 1-hit shutout in a 2-0 win over the Pilots.

We'd head home with an off day tomorrow that will probably not help us get back on track...
Old 03-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #29
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 21st-July 28th

July 21st, 1903: New York 1B Roy Luska was 5-for-5 in a 17-3 domination over the Mustangs.

We arrived back in Detroit where we'd start a quick three game series with the Red Hawks before another off day. At 50-45, the Red Hawks are 23 games out of first, 1 behind the Rebels for 2nd, and 1.5 above us. We'd see familiar faces in Aaron Hahn (7-2, 2.82 ERA), Carlos Ramirez (3-11, 5.70 ERA), and Dave Rennie (3-3, 4.35 ERA).

July 22nd, 1903: We needed to get back on track as soon as possible, as we welcomed the Cincinnati Red Hawks to town. Nate McCue (12-5, 3.64 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) toed the rubber in the opener against Aaron Hahn (7-2, 2.82 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). The skid continued, and we hover just 1 game over .500 after a 6-5 loss...

Ugh...

McCue allowed 6 runs in 7 innings with 9 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and 2 driven in. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a run scred and RBI. McCue was 1-for-2 with a run scored. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Washington ace Marcos Hernandez tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 1-0 edging of the New York Rebels. Milwaukee's Yeong-shink Kim tossed a 5-hit shutout in a 8-0 win over New Orleans.

July 23rd, 1903: We looked to even up the series and avoid falling to .500 with D.J. Ruhkne (8-8, 4.38 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) facing former Charger Carlos Ramirez (3-11, 5.70 ERA, 1.35 WHIP). Tied at 1 after 9, the extra frames were insane. In the 10th, the Red Hawks rallied for 3 to make it seem like the game was hopeless. But, Brett Olsen had other ideas! After the first two batters reached base, Olsen launched a three run homer to keep the game going! Still tied after 12, he still wasn't having it, launching a walk-off two run homer to single handedly win this one 6-4.

Although as great as Olsen's second homer was, the first should've been enough as we had an unearned run in the top half.

Ruhnke looked really good, going 8 with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 11 strikeouts. Justin Pezzetti allowed 3 runs (2 earned) in 0.2 innings off 4 hits.

Olsen was 3-for-6 with the two big home runs. Jesus Camago was 4-for-6 with 2 runs scored. Justin Arrington was 2-for-6 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Ruhnke was 1-for-3.

July 24th, 1903: I really wanted this series win, as Cody Hall (7-5, 4.48 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) took on Mike Gardenhire (8-7, 4.61 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). It took 20 innings to determine a winner today, and of course, it wasn't us. Jim Morgan hit a three run homer, and we were topped 5-2.

Hall pitched well, 8 innings with 6 hits, 2 runs, and 9 strikeouts. Pat Peters had a great 3.2 inning relief appearnece with just 3 hits and 2 strikeouts. Juan de Loera, the 7th reliever of the game, allowed 3 runs off 5 hits with 2 strikeouts in 2.2 innings.

Jesus Camargo was 4-for-9 with a double and run scored. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-3 with a solo homer. Damian Salcido was 2-for-8 with a double and hit by pitch, but hit into a double play to end the game.

Well, at least tomorrow we're off and can't lose any more...

July 25th, 1903: The last place Cardinals will head to town. At 33-65, they are 42.5 games out of first, but will somehow find a way to win the series and probaly sweep us. We'd see Manny Melgosa (0-4, 6.64 ERA), Bobby Goldberg (3-15, 4.95 ERA), and Tony Maldonado (5-7, 4.66 ERA).

July 26th, 1903: The Cardinals changed up their rotation, sending Goldberg (3-15, 4.95 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) to the mound for the opener. He'd face the still shiny new ace Jason Campbell (7-10, 4.15 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). As expected, we came out on the short side, losing 5-2...

Campbell allowed 4 hits and 4 runs with 2 walks and 9 strikeouts in 6 innings of work. Ben Follmar allowed an unearned run in an inning off just 1 hit.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-4. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Kab-shik Min had a pinch-hit solo shot in the 6th.

July 27th, 1903: New York LF Colt Rice and Brooklyn RF Marty Webb were named Players of the Week.

Cincy will be without LF Jordan Mondragon for the rest of the season with a torn back muscle. He was hitting .286/.338/.482 with 9 homers and 29 RBI's.

We had our lowest showing in the Power Rankings, checking in at 11th Place. At an even 50-50, we are at the worst possible spot at the deadline. 27 out of first and 4 out of second, I'm really torn between adding more or subtracting.

I'm desperate for a win, with Nate McCue (12-6, 3.81 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) battling Tony Maldonado (5-7, 4.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). Thankfully, we didn't fall below .500, and had took a nice 7-1 win to even the series.

McCue went the distance, allowing 5 hits, a run, and a walk in 5 strikeouts.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-4 with 3 runs, 2 doubles, and an RBI. Damian Salcido was 3-for-4 with a run scored, double, and 3 RBI's. McCue was 2-for-4. Giobbe Capiana was 1-for-3 with a sac-fly, homer, and 3 RBI's. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a triple and run scored. Brett Olsen was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, and hit by pitch.

Now let's string some more of those together!

July 28th, 1903: Okay, let's get to business! We looked for our first series win in what seems like 75 years, with D.J. Ruhnke (8-8, 4.18 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) facing 22-year-old Angel Garcia (0-2, 4.58 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). Garcia is one of those "he's young so he might have potential and we suck" guys, but he didn't pitch like it. Down 3-0 in the 8th (they scored 2 in the 8th), we got 3 on the pen to tie the game, and then Damian Salcido split the gap for a walk-off double, taking the series with a 4-3 win.

WE DID IT!!!

IT ONLY TOOK THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!!

D.J. Runke had it working, breaking the Chargers single game strikeout record with 13. He went 8 innings with 7 hits, 3 runs, and 2 walks. Tobias Laranjeira (who hasn't gotten a save in forever...), got the win, allowing a hit and walk with 2 punchouts in the 9th.

Mike Legg was 3-for-4. Salcido was 2-for-5 with the RBI double as well as a run scored. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with a walk and three run homers. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Brett Olsen was 1-for-4 with a walk and run scored.

We'll finish the month at home with a three game set with the New Orleans Cajuns. In 6th, they are 45-57 and 33 out of first. We'll see former Charger Jesse Salvetti (7-4, 5.23 ERA) who only knows how to pitch against us, Mark Weir (3-8, 4.47 ERA), and Jaime Bottorff (5-10, 6.14 ERA).

If we get swept I'm trading everyone. EVERYONE!

I kid, I think???
Old 03-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #30
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 29th-August 3rd

July 29th, 1903: The Cajuns were in town to start a three game set. Mark Weir (3-8, 4.47 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) was bumped up for the opener against Cody Hall (7-5, 4.34 ERA, 1.27 WHIP). It was a crazy game with crazy league changes, but we managed to edge out a 6-5 win.

Hall went 4 innings with 3 hits, 2 runs )1 eanred), 6 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Pat Peters struggled, allowing 2 runs in 2 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 3 srikeouts. Simon Ellingson got the win, but also blew the lead, allowing a run, walk, and 3 hits with a strikeout in 1.2 innings. Tobias Laranjeira pitched a perfect 9th for his 15th save.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-4 with a walk and 2 runs scored. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and three driven in. Brett Olsen was 1-for-3 with a run scored, driven in, and 2 walks.

What's this, so called win streak, we are on?

Three wins not seperated with a loss? Is it May again?

July 30th, 1903: Travis Walters (2-2, 5.58 ERA, 1.49 WHIP) would be pitching for his rotation spot against Jaime Bottorff (5-10, 6.14 ERA, 1.64 WHIP). Let's just say he's best suited for the pen, as opposed to getting blown out 11-2...

Walters allowed 8 hits and 8 runs in 2.2 innings with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts. Juan de Loera pitched 5.1 innings out of the pen, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, and 2 walks. No strikeouts dspite 84 pitches...

Josh Stevens was 2-for-4 with a double and solo homer. Jim Raines was 2-for-5 with a steal and run scored. Mike Legg was 1-for-3 with a double and walk.

Cardinals 3B Peter Dider was 5-for-6 in a 12- win over the Rebels.

July 31st, 1903: Happy Deadline Day!

The Cajuns acquired LHP Nate Henry from the Rebels for RHP Casey Cecil and RHP Ethan Tuberville. They also recieved RF Ronnie Wooldridge and RHP Brent Serrette from the Hornets for RHP Bobby Miller and LHP Enrique Neri.

I questioned the Rebels logic in their trades, and it continued when they were willing to send me Ernie Morris for Robby Aguilar, the definition of a PTBNL that you'd prefer the cash considerations over. Granted, Morris is on an expiring deal, but the Iron Man is 8-2 with a 3.42 ERA and 1.17 WHIP in 15 starts and 4 releif appearences.

I then moved Justin Pezzetti to the Baltiore Hornets for Jonathan Hyde.

Hyde, who just turned 24, was the Hornets 3rd Round selection last year out of USC. Rated a 2.5/5*, he's got elite stuff with plus movement and control. He's an extreme groundballer who can touch triple digits. He's got a plus-plus cut, a 97 rated curve, and a poor change that's the only thing preventing him from starting. He's on the 40, but will head to Grand Rapids.

That's all the deadline action for today, which lead to Jason Campbell (7-11, 4.22 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) taking on Jesse Salvetti (7-4, 5.23 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) in the must-win rubber match. I'm really shocked with the outcome, and we were hammered 10-4.

I should've traded everyone...

Campbell allowed 5 hits and 5 runs with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts in 6 innings. Tyler Bienvenu allowed 4 hits and 4 runs while striking out 2. Peters allowed 2 hits, a run, walk, and 2 strikeouts in 1.1 innings.

Jesus Camargo was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with a double, walk, and RBI. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with walk and run scored. Damain Salcido was 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch and RBI.

Lightning SP Matt Nesgoda tossed a 6-hit shutout as he lead his team to a 4-0 win over the Wildcats.

We'd look to shut those Wildcats out in our nation's capital, as we'd face Rod Velasco (0-1, 11.05 ERA), Marcos Hernandez (14-5, 2.83 ERA), and Jose Gonzalez (8-8, 3.65 ERA). Washington is in 5th, 4 games behind us and 32 out of first.

August 1st, 1903: Philadelphia got awful news, finding out MVP frontrunner Jon Alvarado will miss the rest of the season with a herniated disc. The star centerfielder was hitting .349 with 24 homers and 62 RBI's, as well as 83 runs scored and 16 steals. His .349 average is good for a tie with Pittsburgh David Carbajal, but he's leading the NL in OPS, WAR, OBP, and OPS+.

Rebels CF Adam Markley and Brookyln RF Mary Webb were named Batters of the Month. St. Louis SP Jim McNiff and Cleveland SP Danny Geffre were Pitchers of the Month. New Orleans 1B Jesus Falcon and Buffalo SS Joe Young were Rookies of the Year.

As expected, the Wildcats skipped the scrub Velasco for Marcos Hernandez (14-5, 2.83 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) who has dominated us the season (as well as nearly everyone else). Nate McCue (13-6, 3.67 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) has done well against the Wildcats, but I'm not too confident. As expected, we lost, this time 6-2.

I miss that "winning streak" we had just a few losses ago...

McCue looked bad, 9 hits and 6 runs with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and an RBI. Justin Arrington was 1-for-5 with a solo shot.

I really miss the "durable" Carlos Sandate... Since his injury, we've been just 22-30 which is not as terrible as I thought, but still a huge drop off.

August 2nd, 1903: Cincy lost their star CF Danny Boekhout for the rest of the season with a severely strained hip muscle. He was hitting .306 with 7 homers and 22 RBI's as he's been fightning injuries all season.

D.J. Runke (8-8, 4.13 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) took on Rod Velasco (0-1, 11.05 ERA, 1.77 WHIP) as we looked to not fall under .500. We played with a little fire today, and Damian Salcido helped overpower the Wildcas 8-4.

There were some fireworks as well, with Jesus Camargo getting plunked by David Gonzalez, which caused a bench clearing brawl in the 8th inning. Not quite sure why Camargo was so pissed, but maybe him and Gonzales have some beef I'm unaware of of...

He'll miss 3 or 4 games with a suspension...

Ruhnke went 7 with 6 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts.

Salcido was 2-for-3 with 2 walks, 2 solo homers, and 3 RBI's. Justin Arrington was 2-for-3 with a homer, 2 RBI's, and 2 walks. Camargo was 2-for-4 with a run scored, 2 RBI's, and the infamous hit by pitch. Mike Legg was 2-for-5 with a run scored.

August 3rd, 1903: Just a fun fact I noted from making minor depth moves in the minors, I definitely struck gold on my supplemental pick Dave Melton, who's hitting .130/.202/.185 with a homer and 4 RBI's in 38 games at Class D Trenton. Oh yeah, that's after yesterday's performance where he was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer in a 14-3 loss.

Man it doesn't get better then this...

Chicago 3B Peter Didier and Boston CF Chris Shifley were named Players of the Week. Shifley, the former 2nd Overall Pick in 1894 is one of the brightest stars in the UBL, not only because of the red ink that fills up his player page, but for his clever nick name "Grim Reaper" and his bright blonde "Circle 1" beard.

I'm a little confused on how we moved up to 7th in the Power Rankings, but maybe that's a sign of better things to come? At 54-53, we are 5.5 games out of 2nd and 29 out of first.

A rubber match that I already booked as a series loss saw Cody Hall (7-5, 4.27 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) take on Jose Gonzalez (8-8, 3.65 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). And it's not since Gonzalez is better then Hall (which he really isn't), it's just because of how bad we have been recently in series deciders. The loss was even more heartbreaking then I could've prediced, as Hall gave everything he had, but the H (please laugh at this amazing joke), and we wree topped 2-1.

He went 8, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, and a walk with 9 strikeouts.

Mike Legg was 2-for-3 with 2 doubles and a run scored. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-2 with a steal, walk, and RBI. Damian Salcido was 1-for-4 with a double.

Stuck at 54-54, we head back home for a four game series with the 60-47 Rebels, who are starting to run away with the Wild Card spot. We'd likely see Erik Pike (10-7, 4.06 ERA), Antonio Gonzalez (2-3, 5.77 ERA), David Starkey (2-0, 2.65 ERA), and Jeff Rainey (1-0, 8.64 ERA). This is a team without their best hitter, pitcher, and they've pretty much traded anyone else they had with talent.

And they're still better then us...

It truly is going to be the dog days of August...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-24-2019, 11:11 PM   #31
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 4th-August 9th

August 4th, 1903: Washington SS Manuel Contreras will miss the rest of the season with a severely strained hip muscle. He was hitting .261 with 18 homers and 42 RBI's.

Our worst case homestand starts with four against the Rebels and then finishes with two against the Lightning. Ernie Morris (8-2, 3.42 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) would make his Lightning debut against his former teammate Erik Pike (10-7, 4.06 ERA, 1.07 WHIP). Down 8-7 in the 9th, Mike Legg hit a solo homer off Toshiyashi Hayashi to tie the game. After getting two more men on base, Hayashi left the game for former Lightning pitcher Rick Gunter. Gunter got one out, but Justin Arrington was too much, as the slugger launched a walk-off three run homer.

If I wasn't in an airplane, I'd jump for joy. I thought for sure we'd get swept...

Morris went 7 innings with 8 hits, 4 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson allowed 4 runs off 3 hits and a run before getting pulled. Tobias Laranjeira walked 1 as he struck out the side in the 9th.

Our 9th inning heros were playing well all game. Arrington was 3-for-6 with the big homer, a double, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's. Mike Legg was 4-for-5 with his solo homer and 2 runs scored. Brett Olsen was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles, a solo homer, and 3 RBI's. Giobbe Capuana was 3-for-4 with a walk, solo homer, and 2 runs scored. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

Cyclones starter Sal Lopez tossed a 7-hit shutout in a 1-0 win over the Venom.

August 5th, 1903: The draft pick deadline passed, and all unsigned players announced their intended college choices. Here's my unsigned group:

2nd Round: SP Bob Brenkus (Miami FL, 1906)
3rd Round: SS Caleb Gentry (Pepperdine, 1906)
11th Round: CF Jonathan Brooks (Lane, 1906)
15th Round: C Mike Holmes (UCF, 1906)

I'll get the 7th Pick in the 2nd Round and 8th Pick in the 3rd Round next year.

Game two saw Jason Campbell (7-12, 4.35 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) take on Antonio Gonzalez (2-3, 5.77 ERA, 1.51 WHIP). Campbell tried to go the distance, but allowe a 2-run homer to Ray Luska in the 9th, but we still managed to escape with a 3-2 win.

Brett Olsen caused Antonio Gonzalez's ejection, charging the mound after being hit, and at least for Olsen I can understand. He's missed time twice from injury after getting hit, so he was obviously upset. Jose Stevens left with back tightness, and he'd hit the shelf for 2 weeks.

Campbell tossed 8+ innings with 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Tobias Laranjeira finished the 9th, walking one and striking out 1 to get his 16th save.

Giobbe Capuana was the entirety of the offense, going 2-for-3 with a walk, solo homer, and two run homer. Damian Salcido was 2-for-4.

Olsen's suspension was announced, and would replicate Camargo's 4 game suspension that will finish after tomorrow's game.

St. Louis' Matt Nesgoda tossed a 7-hit shuhtout in a 6-0 win over the Mustangs.

August 6th, 1903: With no outfielder on the 40-Man roster, I purchased the contract of the recently acquired Keith Mundt. In 75 games with Class A Worcester and Grand Rapids, he's hitting .315/.376/.614 with 19 homers and 51 RBI's.

As shocking as it may seem, we have a chance to win a series. The struggling Nate McCue (13-7, 3.82 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) took on veteran David Starkey (2-0, 2.65 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) who was making his 3rd start of the season. Mundt would play right field today and make his big league debut. It was a solid debut, and with help from a 5 run 6th, we won 9-4.

WE WON A SERIES!!!

Can we sweep tomorrow???

McCue went the distance, allowing 9 hits and 4 runs with a walk and 9 strikeouts. 3 of the 4 runs came in the last two innings, so it would've been ideal to take him out after 7.

But, we won, so who cares!

Justin Arrington went 4-for-5 with 2 homers, 4 runs scored, 3 RBI's, and a stolen base. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with a three run homer and 2 base on balls. Mundt was 2-for-5 with a walk, steal, and RBI. Omar Atillio was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Washington ace Marcos Hernandez tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 7-0 domination of the Cincinnati Red Hawks. He also struck out 13

SP Jose Morales, who I traded in the McCue deal, tossed a no-hitter against the Portland Destroyers. Earlier in the year, he tossed a perfect game against the Portland Wolfpack, so you think it'd be a Portland thing. The Destroyers play in Maine, however, the Wolfpack play all the way across the country in Oregon.

August 7th, 1903: The Cajuns will be without SP Mark Weir for the rest of the season with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. The Cajuns are hopeful he'll return next September, but he may lose the entirety of the 1904 season as well. He was 3-9 with a 4.62 ERA in 16 starts.

We had to dig deep back into storage to find the brooms that haven't seen the light of day in months. We had a favorable matchup with D.J. Runhke (9-8, 4.18 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) facing washed up vet Jim Rainey (1-0, 8.64 ERA, 1.80 WHIP). We'd be without Arrington and Salicdo for rest and Olsen with the suspension, but Camargo was back in the lineup. But, with Ruhkne on the mound, we could've started anyone, and he shutout the Rebels 3-0.

SWEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

Man it feels good!

Ruhnke tossed a 4-hit shutout, walking 3 and striking out 7. He even went 1-for-2 with a sac-bunt and run scored.

Keith Mundt was 2-for-2 with a double and hit by pitch. Luckily, he was smart enough not to charge the mound... Mike Legg was 2-for-4 with 2 doubles and an RBI. I started him over the tired Salcido, and he rewarded me. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-4 with a two run homer.

Pittsburgh 1B David Carbajal outhit the Rebels, going 5-for-5 in a 13-8 win over the Baltimore Hornets. The Hornets traded him to the Pilots for LF Aaron Thayer in 1901, and "Gunshy" has absolutely mashed since while Thayer has had a little trouble setaying healthy.

The team that made Thayer a 1st Round Pick, the St. Louis Lightning will come to town for a quick two game set. We'd face the tough lefty and back-to-back #3 overall pick duo in Ron Howard (12-6, 3.87 ERA) and Jim McNiff (13-0, 1.62 ERA).

Man, we always get McNiff...

The Lightning have a very comftorable 25.5 game lead over the Rebels and 28 game lead over us, so it'd be nice of them to gift us these two victories...

August 8th, 1903: Cody Hall (7-6, 4.16 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) looked to stay hot against former teammate Ron Howard (12-6, 3.87 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) as we looked to take the only "winnable" game this series. And I say winnable very loosely...

Hall was amazing, even better then Howard, but we couldn't score, falling 1-0.

That one hurt...

Hall went 7 with 3 hits, a run, 3 walks, and 11 strikeouts. We finished the game with former Lightning lefties Ellingso (IP, BB, 2 K) and Laranjeira (IP).

We actually outhit the Lightning 5-3, but it didn't do any good. Mundt continued his hot start, going 1-for-2 before for some reason being pinch hit by the worst player in the enitre league, Kab-shik Min. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a double. Mike Legg was 1-for-4 with a triple. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-3 with a walk.

August 9th, 1903: I really didn't want to get swept after a sweep, but with Jim McNiff (13-0, 1.62 ERA, 0.82 WHIP) on the mound against Erine Morris (8-2, 3.52 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) I didn't really expect too much. Somehow, McNiff has 11 no decisions, so the Lightning really must not give him run support. They did today, and we lost 6-1.

Well, can't say I didn't expect that...

Morris allowed 8 hits and 5 runs with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts in 6.1 innings. Pat Peters allowed 2 hits and a run with a strikeout in the 9th.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-4 with a solo homer in the 9th to avoid a shutout sweep. Jorge Rancier and Danny Sanchez were both 1-for-3.

Baltimore 2B Jerry Castillo hit for the cycle in an 8-4 win over the Buffalo Calvary.

We're off tomorrow, and will head to Milwaukee to start a 10 game road trip.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #32
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 10th-August 17th

August 10th, 1903: Former Charger and current Red Hawk LF Jay Morgan and Freedom 3B Jesus Ortega were named Players of the Week.

We dropped to 8th in the Power Rankings even with our four game sweep of the Rebels. At 58-56, we are 4 out of 2nd, but 30 out of first.

Today we arrived in Milwaukee a day before starting a four game set with the Mustangs. At 47-67, they sit 41 out of first. We'd face Yeong-shin Kim (8-7, 5.22 ERA), Allan Sain (4-9, 6.09 ERA), Lorenzo Guzman (2-5, 4.87 ERA), and Alberto Lucero (7-12, 4.87 ERA).

August 11th, 1903: Jason Campbell (8-12, 4.25 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) started the opener against Yeong-shin Kim (8-7, 5.22 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). Justin Arrington, Brett Olsen, and Damian Salcido are all hitting over .400 in their careers against Kim. All three got hits in a 8-4 series opening win.

Campbell went 8, allowing 6 hits, 4 runs, and 2 walks with 10 strikeouts. Travis Walters struck out 2 and allowed just 1 hit in his return to the bullpen.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a walk, RBI, and steal. Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a walk, double, homer, and 3 RBI's. Mike Legg was 2-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Justin Arrington was 1-for-5 with a three run homer. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored.

August 12th, 1903: The second game of the series saw Nate McCue (14-7, 3.82 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) face Lorenzo Guzman (2-5, 4.87 ERA, 1.49 WHIP) who's made only 4 starts in 35 appearences and even picked up 12 saves out of the pen. Runs were aplenty, but we managed to hold off a late rally to escape with a 10-9 win.

Tobias Laranjeira, however, left with an elbow strain, and will head to the DL for 1-2 weeks.

McCue pitched wayyyyy too much, 8 innings with 11 hits, 9 runs (6 earned), a walk, and 7 strikeouts. He allowed 2 in the 7th and 4 in the 8th, while the other 3 came in the first. Simon Ellingson got the last batter of the game out, earning his 15th save.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double, 2 runs, steal, and RBI. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4 with a double, 2 runs, 3 RBI's, and a walk. Omar Atillio was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-3 with 2 RBI's and 2 walks.

August 13th, 1903: The Hornets will be without RHP Alan Forsey for the rest of the season with a torn labrum. He was 4-1 with a 3.77 ERA in 19 games (9 starts).

I brought up Josh Fisher from Grand Rapids, and would use him out of the pen. He was 9-6 with a 4.45 ERA and 1.32 WHIP in 24 starts with the Bulls.

We looked to take the series a game early with lefties D.J. Runke (10-8, 3.93 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) and Allan Sain (4-9, 6.09 ERA, 1.57 WHIP) on the mound. It was another tight one, but we edged our hosts 6-5.

The recently used brooms may need to be taken out again!

Danny Sanchez left with a mild oblique strain, but he won't need a DL stint. He doubled in his only at bat.

Ruhnke went 5 with 8 hits, 4 runs, 5 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Pat Peters and Ben Follmar picked up holds before Simon Ellingson got the save.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and steal. Jim Raines was 2-for-5 with a steal and RBI. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Mike Legg was 1-for-4 with a two run double. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, 2 walks, 2 RBI's, and a homer.

August 14th, 1903: We looked to finish off the road sweep with Cody Hall (7-7, 4.02 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) facing Alberto Lucero (7-12, 4.87 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). Down 1-0 in the 9th, Brett Olsen and Omar Atillo hit RBI singles, and we finished the sweep with a 2-1 comeback win!

Hall went 8 with 6 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 8 strikeouts as he's continued to be my under the radar best pitcher. Simon Ellingson got the save, a walk and strikeout in the 9th.

Justin Arrington and Jesus Camargo were both 1-for-4 with a run scored, Olsen and Attilio 1-for-4 with an RBI. Hall was 1-for-3 with a double.

Fresh off the sweep, we'll head to New York to face the Rebels, who we recently swept as well. We'll face Antonio Gonzalez (2-4, 5.61 ERA), David Starkey (3-1, 3.77 ERA), and Jimmy Headley (0-1, 1.17 ERA).

August 15th, 1903: Ernie Morris (8-3, 3.69 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) drew his former team again to open the series against Antonio Gonzalez (2-4, 5.61 ERA, 1.48 WHIP). Despite trying to blow it, we escaped with a 7-6 win to stretch our win streak to 5!

And we're only 1.5 games behind the Rebels now!

In worse news, Morris left after just 0.2 innings, his diagnosis still pending...

Josh Fisher tossed 4.1 innings of relief with 4 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Follmar got roughed up in 1.1 innings, allowing 4 hits and 3 runs with a strikeout. Juan de Loera allowed a single, but then got the final 2 outs to earn his first save of the season.

Justin Arrington was 3-for-5 with a homer and 2 runs scored. Damian Salcido was 3-for-4 with a solo homer and walk. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with a double, homer, and 3 RBI's. Ji Raines had a pinch hit solo home rin the 8th. Mike Legg came off the bench and was 1-for-2 with a solo homer.

Chicago 2B Vinny Guevara was hit three homers in a 12-9 win over New Orleans.

August 16th, 1903: We looked to win our 6th straight game with Jason Campbell (9-12, 4.26 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) facing David Starkey (3-1, 3.77 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). Down 7-3, we rallied for 5 in the 8th and won another one-run game, this time 8-7.

We now both have 64 wins, although the Rebels have one less loss at 55.

Campbell went 6 with 8 hits, 6 runs (3 earned...) and 7 strikeouts. Tim Weiss got the win, even with 2 hits and a run in his inning of work. Ben Follmar got a 2 inning save, walking 1 and striking out 2.

The error was Campbell's, so don't feel too bad, especially since we won!

Damina Salcido was 2-for-5 with a double, 2 runs, and a solo homer. Keith mundt was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a walk and run scored. Kab-shik Min hit a pinch-hit, three run homer in the big 8th inning. Mike Legg was 1-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-2 with a double, 2 walks, and run scored.

Boston 2B Carlos Licea recorded his 2,000th career hit. The 34-year-old has spent his whole career with Baltimore (1890-1899) and Boston (1901-1903), hitting .288/.359/.486 with 335 homers and 1,076 RBI's. Despite a multitude of injuries, he's still one of the best hitters in the league, and one can only speculate if he was able to stay healthy.

August 17th, 1903: New York 1B Roy Luska and Philadelphia 3B Jesus Ortega were named Players of the Week.

A perfect week shot us up to 4th in the Power Rankings. Now 64-56, we are just half a game behind the Rebels and 27 behind the Lightning who are 91-29! There .758 win percentage would be third All-Time, behing the 1875 Chicago Lake Monsters (124-38, .765) and the 1877 Chicago Lake Monsters (125-37, .772).

Josh Stevens would start a rehab assignment in Grand Rapids. I may hold him there till rosters expand, but I have yet to make a decision on that.

As unlikely as it may be, we had a chance for back-to-back sweeps as Nate McCue (15-7, 3.94 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took on Jimmy Headley (0-1, 1.17 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) who's making just his 2nd start after 7 relief appearences. He was shockingly too much, and we dropped the finale 5-2.

McCue allowed 5 off 7 hits in 7 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Damian Salcido was 1-for-3 with a solo homer.

Wildcats star Marcos Hernandez tossed a 2-hit shutout in a 2-0 win over the Red Hawks.

We get tomorrow off before we finish our road trip in Cincy against the Red Hawks.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #33
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 18th-August 24th

August 18th, 1903: Boston's Jason Heaney tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 1-0 win over Philadelphia.

We had today off as we travelled to Cincinnati to finish our road trip. We'd face Matt Puckett (11-7, 3.84 ERA), Carlos Ramirez (3-13, 5.90 ERA), and Aaron Hahn (8-4, 3.34 ERA).

August 19th, 1903: The ironman Ernie Morris was diagnosed with shoulder inflammation, and will miss the rest of the season as well as the beginning of next year. The 34-year-old has never missed more then 6 days, but just 3 starts with us and he heads to the DL...

I pushed Josh Fisher into the rotation and then recalled Juan Barajas to give me another lefty out of the pen.

D.J. Ruhnke (11-8, 4.03 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) took on Matt Puckett (11-7, 3.84 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) in the opener. We pounded the Red Hawks all night, and took the opener 11-3.

Ruhnke went 8 with 3 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), 2 walks, and 8 strikeouts.

Justin Arrington was 3-for-6 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and his 35th homer of the year. Brett Olsen was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Mike Legg was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a triple. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-5 with a double and 2 runs scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a run scored, walk, and 3 RBI;s. Kab-shik Min had a pinch hit 2 run homer in the 9th.

Philadelphia SP Noel Kessler tossed a 8-hit shutout in a 2-0 win over the instate rival Pilots.

August 20th, 1903: Former Charger Carlos Ramirez (3-13, 5.90 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) looked to even the series against Cody Hall (8-7, 3.87 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). His nightmarish season continued, and we put up 6 in the first 2 innings and "cruised" to a 6-4 finish.

Hall went 5 with 3 hits, 4 runs, 6 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Peters, Bienvenu, and Weiss earned holds while Simon Ellingson picked up the save.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a double and solo homer. Omar Attilio was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a homer, walk, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Hall was 1-for-2 with a run scored.

Deadline acquisition Chris Brown tossed a 5-hit shutout as the Hornets beat the Patriots 6-0.

August 21st, 1903: We looked to finish off the sweep with Jason Campbell (9-12, 4.27 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) facing Aaron Hahn (8-4, 3.34 ERA, 1.09) who's had his way with us this year, going 3-0 with a 2.77 ERA in 5 games (2 starts). We attempted a late inning comeback, but fell short ina 6-4 defeat.

Campbell went 7 innings with 4 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and 10 strikeouts. Tyler Bienvenu allowed 2 hits, 2 runs, and a walk with 2 strikeouts in the 8th.

Justin Arrington was 3-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Danny Sanchez was 2-for-3 with a double. Damian Salcido was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a solo homer.

We got to head back home to host the last place Chicago Cardinals. At 45-78, they are 47.5 games behind the Lightning. The scheduled starters were Tony Maldonado (8-9, 4.63 ERA), Andy Riffle (5-10, 4.42 ERA), and Angel Garcia (2-4, 4.28 ERA).

August 22nd, 1903: Nate McCue (15-8, 4.02 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) toed the rubber in the opener against Tony Maldonado (8-9, 4.63 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). In a game we needed to and should've won, we fell 10-9.

They scored 5 in the 3rd and the 4th...

McCue looked awful, allowing 9 hits and 10 runs with a walk and 3 strikeouts in 4 innings.

He's been terrible for us...

Man, why did I extend him...

Juan de Loera, Juan Barajas, and Simon Ellingson combined for 5 innings, 4 hits, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-6 with 3 runs and 2 solo homers. Jorge Rancier was 4-for-5 with a run scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Brett Olsen was 2-for-5 with a double. Mike Legg was 1-for-2 with a run scored, hit by pitch, and 2 walks. Omar Atillio was 1-for-4 with a walk and two run homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a walk and solo homer.

August 23rd, 1903: We looked to even the series back up with Josh Fisher (0-1, 9.64 ERA, 1.71 WHIP) facing Andy Riffle (5-10, 4.42 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). Despite the final score, Fisher did well in the 8-5 win.

The 24-year-old allowed just 3 runs in 7.1 innings with 6 hits, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Ben Follmar allowed 2 hits and 2 runs in 0.1 innings. Him and Pat Peters finished the 8th and earned holds. Simon Ellingson allowed a hit, walk, and struck out 2 in the 9th for his 19th save. Before this season, he had just 12.

Justin Arrington contineud to mash, going 2-for-3 with 2 walks, 4 RBI's, and his 40th and 41st home run. Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double, 2 runs, and RBI. Jim Raines was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a double, and homer. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-4 with a solo homer, the first of his big league career.

August 24th, 1903: New Orleans LF Angel Zuniga and Baltimore 2B Jerry Castillo were named Players of the Week.

We remained 4th in the Power Rankings. At 67-59, we're 2 behind the Rebels for 2nd place, but 27.5 behind the Lightning.

We looked to take the rubber match and win the series with D.J. Ruhnke (12-8, 3.94 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) facing 22-year-old rookie Angel Garcia. We did almost everything right, and came away with a solid 5-3 win.

Ruhnke almsot went the distance, getting 26 outs with 3 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 11 strikeouts. Ben Follmar allowed a hit, but finished the game with a flyout for his 2nd save.

Giobbe Capuana lead the charged, a perfect 3-for-3 with a double, walk, 2 homers, and 4 RBI's. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-3 with a walk, double, and run scored. Brett Olsen was 1-for-3 with 2 runs and a walk.

Pilots SP Tony Garza tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 1-0 edging of the Cyclones.

We're off tomorrow, but have only home games to finish up August. At 15-7, we need just 2 wins to tie out best monthly total of 17 in May.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #34
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 25th-August 31st

August 25th, 1903: We got today off and could enjoy Detroit before the Cajuns came to town for a three game set. New Orleans is 55-72, and 41 games out of first. We're expecting Steve Hudson (6-9, 5.66 ERA), Bill Rivera (1-2, 3.22 ERA), and Gene Parsons (5-2, 5.11 ERA).

August 26th, 1903: Jason Campbell (9-13, 4.30 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) got the ball in the opener against fellow lefty Steve Hudson (6-9, 5.66 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). This one was crazy, as it started with blowing a 3-1 lead in the 9th. Giobbe Capuana launched a solo shot in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game in extras. Both teams got runs in the 12th, but only New Orleans scored in the 17th, and they took the opener 6-5.

Jason Campbell left with a mild shoulder strain, and may or may not miss his next start. He pitched really well, 6.1 innings with 5 hits, a run, and 11 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson blew the save, 4 hits and 3 runs with a walk in his inning of work. Juan Barajas went 2.1 innings with 4 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Pat Peters was charged with the loss, allowing 2 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts in 4.2 innings. He started the 17th, but didn't get an out.

Damian Salcido was 4-for-7 with 2 doubles, a walk, and run scored. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and walk. Brett Olsen came off the bench and was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Dany Sanchez was 1-for-4 with a run scored and driven in. Mike Legg was 2-for-3 with a run scored.

New Orleans SS Frank Duran was 6-for-7.

August 27th, 1903: Game two saw former Cajun pitcher Nate McCue (15-9, 4.36 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) face Bill Rivera (1-2, 3.32 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). A 6 run 7th proved to be the distance, as we evened the series with a 12-6 win.

McCue went 6 innings with 12 hits, 5 runs, and 6 strikeouts. Tyler Bienvenu got the win, despite his runs and 2 hits with a strikeout in an inning.

Damian Salcido was 3-for-5 with a run scored. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, an RBI, and a double. Brett Olsen was 1-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Jim Raines had a pinch-hit three run homer in the big 7th. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-4 with a run scored and RBI.

August 28th, 1903: I sent Tobias Laranjeira on a quick rehab trip. Him and Josh Stevens will join the team September 1st.

The rubber match saw Cody Hall (9-7, 3.98 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) go head-to-head with Jaime Bottorff (9-10, 5.53 ERA, 1.66 WHIP) who pitches much better against us then the rest of the league. Luckily, he regressed back to the mean, and we took the finale 7-4.

Hall went 7.2 innings with 5 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 8 strikeouts. Follmar got a hold by finishing the 8th and Ellingson struck out 2 in the 9th for a save.

Jim Raines was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs scored, 4 RBI's, and a homer. Mike Legg was 2-for-4 with a double, 2 runs, and RBI. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a double, 2 runs, RBI, and a walk.

We'll finish the month and the homestand against the Red Hawks. They've slipped a bit, falling to 61-69 and 11.5 games behind the Rebels for the Wild Card. They'll trot out Nam-shik Kim (1-2, 2.70 ERA), Eric Thomas (8-7, 4.45 ERA), and Aaron Hahn (9-5, 3.38 ERA).

August 29th, 1903: The Rebels will be without former 16th Overall Pick Antonio Gonzalez for the rest of this year and likely next year with a torn rotator cuff. The 23-year-old was 3-5 with a 5.80 ERA in 20 games (10 starts) in his first "full" season in the majors.

We welcomed the Red Hawks to town with D.J. Ruhnke (13-8, 3.90 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). The South Korean vet Nab-shik Kim (1-2, 2.70 ERA, 0.94 WHIP) was our opponent. It was a low scoring affair, and we edged the visitors 2-1.

Ruhnke almost went the distance, 8.1 innings with 2 hits, a run, and 15 strikeouts. He even broke his own Detroit strikeout recod. Simon Ellingson got a strikeout and fly out to finish the game en route to his 21st save.

Damian Salcido was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-2 with a double, RBI, walk, and hit by pitch. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

August 30th, 1903: The middle game saw Josh Fisher (1-1, 7.02 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) go against Eric Thomas (8-7, 4.45 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). Fisher looked really good, and we set up a sweep with a 4-2 win!

Fisher went 7 with 6 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts. Bienvenu and Peters got holds and Ellingson got the save. Ben Follmar faced one batter, and gave up a homer.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Mike Legg was 1-for-3 with a run scored. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a run scored and RBI.

August 31st, 1903: Chicago 1B Jose Sanchez and Newark CF Zack Lawrence were named Players of the Week.

In Grand Rapids, Juan Vela was Player of the Week. He hit .542 with 6 RBI's and runs scored.

We dropped to 5th in the Power Rankings. At 72-60, we're 2 out of 2nd and 24 out of 1st.

Jason Campbell (9-13, 4.21 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) healthy and ready to do some sweeping against Aaron Hahn (9-5, 3.38 ERA, 1.05 WHIP). Late scoring proved vital, and a Jim Raines sac-fly lead us to a walk-off 4-3 sweeping victory!

Yeah, not sure if sweeping victory is gramatically correct, but who cares?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Campbell went 7 with 4 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 10 strikeouts. Pat Peters got the win, 1.1 innings with a hit and strikeout.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with a double, RBI, and walk. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a sac-bunt. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a two run homer and the sac-fly to win the game.

Brooklyn's Jerry Smith tossed a 2-hit shutout in a 2-0 win over Cleveland.

Tomorrow we're off, but we'd bring up a few reinforcements before the minor league season ends.

But more importantly, we finished August an impressive 20-8!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 03-26-2019 at 03:09 PM.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #35
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 1st-September 7th

September 1st, 1903: Rich Bennett, who's missed all season with a broken kneecap, will head to Grand Rapids to start rehab. Coming up is our first set of September callups, Josh Stevens, Juan Vela, and Tobias Laranjeira.

Vela was Batter of the Month in the American League, hitting .415 with 5 homers and 25 RBI's with the Bulls.

Our very own Justin Arrington and Philadelphia SS Willie Gonzaelz were Batters of the Month. Arrington hit .312 with 14 homers and 26 RBI's.

Washington SP Marcos Hernandez and Brooklyn SP Jerry Smith were named Pitchers of the Month.

New Orleans 1B Jesus Falcon and Pittsburgh RF Jose Granado were Rookies of the Month.

In the Great Lakes League, our farmhand Terry Rautmann was Pitcher of the Month. A 16th Round selection in 1897, Rautmann was 4-1 with a 2.45 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 28.1 innings.

We were off today, and would head to New York to start a road trip. At 76-58, they were 2.5 games ahead of us and 21.5 out of first. We'd face Mike Stevner (14-10, 4.14 ERA), Erik Pike (14-7, 3.71 ERA), and David Starkey (5-1, 4.75 ERA).

September 2nd, 1903: Our first game of September was in New York against the Rebels where Nate McCue (15-9, 4.45 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) faced the on fire southpaw Mike Stebner (14-10, 4.14 ERA, 1.18 WHIP). The offense dissapeared, and we dropped the opener 3-1.

McCue pitched the whole game, 8 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts.

Damian Salcido was 1-for-4 with a pitty solo homer in the 9th. Josh Stevens was 1-for-3 with a double and walk. Arrington was 1-for-4 with a double.

September 3rd, 1903: The Newark Venom were the first team to be eliminated from the postseason. At 48-86, they are 37 games behind the Philadelphia Freedom in the NL.

We looked to even the series with our red hot southpaw D.J. Ruhnke (14-8, 3.77 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) facing Erik Pike (14-7, 3.71 ERA, 1.05 WHIP). The offense was back today, and we'd force a rubber match with a 7-2 win.

Mike Legg left after a collision on the basepaths. His diagnosis is pending.

Ruhnke went 7 with 5 hits, 2 runs, 5 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Ben Follmar and Travis Walters both struck out 1 batter in 1 inning.

Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a double and two run homer. Keith Mundt was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Omar Atillio and Damian Salcido were both 1-for-4 with a solo homer.

September 4th, 1903: We looked to take the finale with Cody Hall (10-7, 4.01 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) taking on David Starkey (5-1, 4.75 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) who's only loss this season came against us. Arrington is 30-for-87 with 9 homers against Starkey. We only managed 4 hits, but still found a way to come on top in a 4-3 game.

Hall went 6 with 6 hits, a run, walk, and 3 strikeouts. Ben Follmar allowed 2 hits and 2 runs without getting an out. Bienvenu and Laranjeira got holds before Ellingson picked up the save (I forgot to switch closers).

Mike Shaddox was 1-for-3 with a double, run scored, walk, and RBI. Brett Olsen was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Salicdo was 1-for-4 with a run scored and Arrington was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

Off to St. Louis for three with the Lightning who are just one win away from 100. We'd see Eddie Long (15-8, 3.50 ERA), Matt Nesgoda (14-5, 3.97 ERA), and Bobby Brosius (10-3, 3.29 ERA).

September 5th, 1903: The Opener in St. Louis saw two high quality lefties in Jason Campbell (9-13, 4.15 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) and Eddie Long (15-8, 3.50 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) look to disarm two high quality lineups. Both did a good job in a gross and rainy game, that we managed to win 3-2.

Campbell went 8 innings with 6 hits, 2 runs, and 11 strikeouts. Laranjeira struck out 1 in the 9th for the save.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Mike Shaddox was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Damian Salcido was 2-for-4. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

Baltimore's Mike Zucker tossed a 5-hit shutout in a 6-0 win over Buffalo.

September 6th, 1903: We had a chance to win the series a day early, with Josh Fisher (2-1, 5.70 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) facing Matt Nesgoda (14-5, 3.97 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). We finally bested the knuckler, and won 8-1!

Sweep?

No way...

Maybe?

I think they're just waiting for the playoffs...

Fisher had by far his best outing of the year, 7.2 innings with 3 hits, a run, 5 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Pat Peters went 1.1 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts.

Jorge Rancier was 3-for-5 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Juan Vela was 3-for-4 with a walk and run scored. Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double and run scored. Mike Shaddox was 2-for-5 with a double and 3 RBI's. Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a walk, and steal.

Septemebr 7th, 1903: Mike Legg was diagnosed with a strained back, and may miss the rest of the regular season. I shifted the lineup a bit, sending Capuana back to third, Camargo back to second, and Vela back to first.

Another team eliminated, as the last place team in our division, the Cardinals, were eliminated. Chicago is 46.5 games out of first.

New York RF Armando Chavez and Brooklyn SP Jerry Smith were named Players of the Week.

All the way up to 2nd in the Power Rankings, trailing just St. Louis. We're 22 behind them, but only a half game behind the Rebels.

Can we finish the road sweep? Nate McCue (15-10, 4.41 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) took on Bobby Brosius (10-3, 3.29 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) in the final. The offense was unable to do much damage, and the Lightning picked up win 100 with a 4-1 victory.

Well, it was close, can't complain!

McCue went 8 with 10 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4 with a double and solo homer. Josh Stevens was 1-for-3 with a walk. Arrington and Olsen were both 1-for-4 with doubles.

Another off day tomorrow, but out last until the 29th...

September is going to be a grind!

Grand Rapids finished up the regular season today, but they won their division and will be in the playoffs. When they're done, I'll bring up the rest of my call ups, although a few may make the way to the roster.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #36
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 8th-September 15th

September 8th, 1903: Clevelad lefty Danny Geffre had an interesting 10-hit shutout in a 3-0 win over Boston.

We were off today and headed home before a three game home set with the Milwaukee Mustangs. The 1902 Champs fell all the way to 57-83, 42.5 out of first. We'd face Derrick Fullerton (6-8, 6.41 ERA), Allan Sain (4-12, 6.68 ERA), and Yeong-shin Kim (4-5, 3.96 ERA).

September 9th, 1903: I brought up 3B Rich Bennett from his reahb stint in Grand Rapids.

He hit 7th and played third in the opener with the Mustangs. D.J Ruhnke (15-8, 3.73 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) faced off against Derrick Fullerton (6-8, 6.41 ERA, 1.60 WHIP). All tied at 4 after 9, Chad Carned hit a go-ahead two run homer off Tobias Laranjeira, and the Mustangs took the opener 6-4.

Ruhnke pitched well, 6 innings with 5 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Ben Follmar continued his struggle, allowing 3 runs off 2 hits with a walk and strikeout in 0.2 innings. Laranjeira allowed 2 runs and a hit, with two strikeouts in 1.2 innings.

Damian Salcido was 2-for-4 with a double and solo homer. Bennett was 1-for-3 with a run scored in his season debut. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI.

New Orleans 1B Jesus Falcon hit three homers in an 11-7 win over the Red Hawks.

September 10th, 1903: The St. Louis Lightning have clinched a playoff spot. At 100-40, they are 23 games ahead of us, the third seed.

We looked to even the series back up with Jason Campbell (10-13, 4.07 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) facing Yeong-shin Kim (12-8, 4.74 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). A big four run fourth proved to be the difference in our 5-3 win.

Campbell went 8 with 5 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 12 strikeouts. Laranjeira struck out the side for his 18th save, but apparently left with another injury...

All the staraters except Campbell got hits, but Josh Stevens, who pinch hit for him was 1-for-1. Omar Atillio was 2-for-3 with 2 doubles a walk and RBI. Damian Salcido was 2-for-3 with a double, hit by pitch, and run scored. Brett Olsen was 2-for-3 with a run scored. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a two run homer.

Lihgtning CF Jesus Zamora hit three homers in a 10-4 win over the Rebels.

September 11th, 1903: The Lightning clinched the AL, and the Mustangs were eliminated from postseason contention. At 58-84, they are 20.5 games behind the Rebels.

Ideally, both those teams would lose today as Cody Hall (11-7, 3.92 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took on Lorenzo Guzman (2-10, 6.04 ERA, 1.70 WHIP). Tied at 4 in the 9th, Brett Olsen launched a walk-off solo shot off Sean Marcinak, and we took the series with a 5-4 walkoff win.

Hall went 5 with 6 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson got the win despite a blow save, 2 innings with 2 htis, a run, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Tyler Bienvenu also blew a save, but struck out 4 in 2 perfect innings (minus an error).

Salcido was 3-for-3 with a double, walk, and run scored. Keith Mundt was 1-for-3 with a two run homer. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a solo homer. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a solo homer, walk, and hit by pitch.

Off to Chicago for four with the Cardinals! At 54-88, they are 48 games out of first and 25 games out for the new 2nd place team, the Detroit Chargers. We'd see Angel Garcia (4-5, 3.96 ERA), Tony Maldonado (10-11, 4.69 ERA), Bobby Goldberg (8-19, 5.14 ERA), and Brian Teerlink (0-1, 3.68 ERA).

September 12th, 1903: Nate McCue (15-11, 4.41 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) got the ball against Angel Garcia (4-5, 3.96 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) in the opener. Omar Atillio gave us the lead with a three run homer in the 9th, as we came back to win the first game 6-4.

McCue went the distance, 8 hits and 4 runs with 11 strikeouts.

Juan Vela was 3-for-4 with a double, solo homer, and 2 runs scored. Omar Atillio was 2-for-3 with a sac-fly and the three run homer.

September 13th, 1903: Tobias Laranjeira will miss the rest of the year with an oblique strain.

The Cajuns were eliminated today. At 61-83, they are 42.5 games out of first place.

Game two saw Josh Fisher (3-1, 4.60 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) look to build off of his solid start last time out. He'd face veteran Tony Maldonado (10-11, 4.69 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). Fisher was successful, and we shut them out 2-0.

He didn't got the distance, but allowed 5 hits and 4 walks in 7.2 innings while striking out 8. Simon Ellingson got the save, 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.

Damian Saslcido was 2-for-3 with a walk. Brett Olsen was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer.

September 14th, 1903: New Orleans 1B Jesus Falcon and Pittsburgh LF Nick Hemann were Named Players of the Week.

We dropped one spot to third in the Power Rankings. Aat 81-63, we hold a slim half game lead on the Rebels for the Wild Card.

We looked to keep rolling with the red-hot D.J. Ruhnke (15-8, 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) facing Bobby Goldberg (8-19, 5.14 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). Tied at three in the 9th, Ben Ettienne took Ruhnke deep, and the Cardinals walked off 4-3 winners.

Why was he out for the 9th...

Ruhkne went 8.1 innings with 5 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and 8 strikeouts.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with two solo homers. Jorge Rancier was 2-for-2 with a walk, triple, and run scored.

September 15th, 1903: I brought back C Muhan Yakin from Grand Rapids. They are down 3-1 to the Rochester Rockers, and could be eliminated today.

Buffalo and Boston will miss the playoffs as well. At 68-77, they are both 21.5 games out of first.

We looked to secure the series win with Jason Campbell (11-13, 4.05 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) facing Brian Teerlink (0-1, 3.68 ERA, 0.95 WHIP), a 25-year-old who's making just his 2nd career start. He was very hittable, and we finished the series with a commanding 9-0 shutout.

Campbell went 8 with 3 hits, 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts. He was also 2-for-3 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Jorge Rancier was 3-for-4 with a triple, three runs, and an RBI. Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double and RBI. Justin Arrington was 3-for-4 with a homer, 3 runs, 2 RBI's, and a walk. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-2 with a sac-fly, sac-bunt, and two run homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-2 with 2 walks and a run scored.

Now tied with New York, we'd head back home to host the fourth place Washington Wildcats who are 72-75 and 10.5 out of 2nd. We'll see star Marcos Hernandez (19-8, 2.73 ERA), Willis Salinas (12-6, 4.59 ERA), and Bobby Centeno (4-13, 3.74 ERA).
Old 03-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #37
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 16th-September 22nd

September 16th, 1903: A rare September trade saw Brooklyn pick up RHP Gye-hyun Yoon and RHP Geroge Kruse from Milwaukee for LF Leo Melendez and LF Jaime Angelone. Yoon was the only guy who had to pass waivers.

With Grand Rapids being eliminated from the playoffs, I brought up a bunch of players. Joining the active roster would be Felix Pena, Jose Trejo, Danny Waltz, Jonathan Hyde, and Joe Stoner. Our 40 man sits at 37 of 40 and the active roster at 34. Dave Pater is stuck on the DL in Grand Rapids while Mike Legg and Tobias Laranjeira are on the 10-Day DL. Vince Brown, Ernie Morris, and Carlos Sandate are all on the 60-Day DL and won't return, so I may pick up three more players later. Some possibilities are top prospect Jorge Montalvo, the recently acquired LF Pedro Mendosa, lefty Bryan Sepe, and a ton of other minor league signings of veteran hitters.

We opened a three game set against the Washington Wildcats with Cody Hall (11-7, 3.91 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) facing ace Marcos Hernandez (19-8, 2.73 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) who's dominated us all season long. Only Jorge Rancier has more then 5 at bats against him and an average over .200. We put up runs on him, but needed extra innings after it was all tied at 5. Gus Leyva hit a two run shot off Juan de Loera, and we dropped the opener 7-5 in 12.

Hall went 5 with 5 hits, 4 runs (2 earned...), 4 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Pat Peters allowed 3 hits and a run with a strikeout in 2 innings. de Loera allwoed 2 runs with a hit and walk in an inning.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-6 with a solo homer. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-6 with a solo homer. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Josh Stevens had a pinch hit two run homer in the 5th.

September 17th, 1903: We looked to even the series back up with Nate McCue (16-11, 4.40 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) facing Jose Gonzalez (11-9, 3.55 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). It was a close one all throughout, and we edged the visitors 4-3.

McCue went 8 with 8 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson got the save, a walk and 2 strikeouts in the 9th.

Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and a solo homer. Josh Stevens was 2-for-4. Damian Salcido was 1-for-3 with a walk and two-run double. McCue was 1-for-3 with a double.

We got a little help from the Red Hawks as Mike Gardenhire tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 3-0 win over the Rebels.

September 18th, 1903: Before the finale, I purchased the contract of 2B Bobby Smarsh from Class B St. Joseph to give me an extra infielder off the bench. I acquired the 24-year-old from St. Louis in June, and the former 1st Rounder hit .314/.363/.452 with 3 homers and 34 RBI's in 60 games with the Blowfish. He can fill in at second, third, and short, and he's a pretty solid baserunner who never strikes out.

He would be available off the bench as Josh Fisher (4-1, 3.69 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took on Willis Salinas (12-6, 4.59 ERA, 1.46 WHIP) in the rubber match. Tied at 5 in the 8th, we got three in the bottom half and finished the series with an 8-5 win.

Fisher went 6 with 8 hits, 5 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Tyler Bienvenu picked up the win and Simon Ellingson got the save. The former needed just 4 pitches in a perfect 8th and Ellingson struck out 2 and allowed just 1 hit in the 9th.

Juan Vela had a big game, 2-for-3 with 3 runs, 3 RBI's, a walk, and 2 homers. Justin arrington was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a double, and his 28th steal of the season. Rich Bennett was 2-for-4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI's. Keith Mundt was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a double and RBI.

We'll stay home for a four game set against the first place Lightning. At 105-44, they are 21 games behind us and the Rebels. We'll face the now beatable Jim McNiff (17-3, 1.90 ERA), Eddie Long (15-9, 3.63 ERA), Mike Wilson (11-2, 3.14 ERA), and Bobby Brosius (12-4, 3.33 ERA). Only Wilson is a righty, the rest really tough lefties.

September 19th, 1903: The Cincinnati Red Hawks have been eliminated from the postseason. At 68-80, they are 36.5 games out of first and 15.5 out of second.

The opener saw a pair of former high draft picks Jim McNiff (17-3, 1.90 ERA, 0.85 WHIP) and D.J. Ruhnke (15-9, 3.68 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). Both are lefties and both are on fire. Smarsh would make his debut, batting 6th and playing third. His first big league at bat was an RBI single off McNiff, as we shocked the Lightning 4-1 in the opeenr.

Ruhnke outdueled McNiff, 7 srong with 3 hits, a run, walk, and 10 strikeouts. Bienvenu picked up the hold and Ben Follmar earned his 3rd save of the season.

Damian Salcido was 3-for-4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and a solo homer. Bobby Smarsh was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Jim Raines was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Jesus Camargo was 1-for-3 with a walk, double, and RBI. Muhan Yakin was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

September 20th, 1903: The Philadelphia Freedom clinched the first playoff spot in the NL. At 92-58, they have a slim 2 game lead over the Brooklyn Bearcats.

We looked to keep up the momentum and win our 4th straight with Jason Campbell (12-13, 3.90 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) looking to stay hot against fellow southpaw Eddie Long (15-9, 3.63 ERA, 1.11 WHIP). Tied at 2 in the 8th, Danny Sanchez hit a three run homer of Jay Williams, and we took another, 5-2!

Campbell got a no decision, 7 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 10 strikeouts. Juan Barajas picked up the win, an inning with a hit and strikeout. Bienvenu recorded the save, just a hit in a scorless 9th.

Smarsh continued to hit his former team, this time going 3-for-4 while batting leadoff and playing second. Josh Stevens was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and a solo homer. Kab-shik Min was 3-for-4 with a triple and RBI. Sanchez was 1-for-3 with a walk and the big homer.

Cleveland lefty Sal Lopez tossed a 6-hit shutout in a 7-0 win over Philly.

September 21st, 1903: Washington 3B Cody Lowrie and Brooklyn CF C.J. Blackburn were named Players of the Week.

We remained 3rd in the Power Rankings. At 86-65, we are 19 out of first, but have a small 1 game lead over New York.

The Wildcats will miss the playoffs while the Bearcats will make the playoffs. Washington is 74-77 and 12 games behind us for 2nd. Brooklyn is 91-60 and now just 1 behind the Freedom.

As shocking as it may seem, we had a chance to win the series today, with Cody Hall (11-7, 3.91 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) taking on Mike Wilson (11-2, 3.14 ERA, 1.06 WHIP). It was another close one, but we were topped 4-3.

Hall went 5 with 7 hits, 4 runs (1 earned...), 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts.

So yeah, both of Hall's starts should've been wins, but errors killed us...

Jesus Camargo was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Josh Stevens had a pinch-hit two run homer in the 9th. Rich Bennett was 1-for-3 with a double.

In his first year with Brooklyn, SP Jerry Smith broke Noel Kessler, Mike Miller, and Jose Mejia's record for most wins in a season with 26.

Kessler, who pitches for the Freedom, won 25 games 3 years ago in 1900 where he was 25-9 with a 2.42 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, and 200 strikeouts in 36 starts. This year, the former 7th Overall pick is 14-9 with a 4.16 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, and 161 strikeouts in 203.1 innings.

Miller, who retiered in 1889 and spent his whole career with New York, won 25 in 1882. The first ballot Hall of Famer (97.7%) was 25-4 with a 2.22 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, and 292 strikeouts in what wasn't even close to the best year of his career. In 464 career games, he was 210-111 with a 2.91 ERA and 0.99 WHIP with 3,535 strikeouts in 3,021.1 innings.

Mejia, who retired last season, won 25 in his second full season in 1890. It was one of his four consecutive good seasons, where he was 25-3 with a 2.83 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, and 22 strikeouts. He finished his career 105-56 with a 3.84 ERA, 1.28 WHIP, and 1,268 strikeouts in 1,483.2 innings.

In 34 starts, Smith is 26-5 with a 2.96 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, and 223 strikeouts.

September 22nd, 1903: We looked to win this tough four game set with Nate McCue (17-11, 4.37 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) facing Bobby Brosius (12-4, 3.33 ERA, 1.28 WHIP). We couldn't finish, and were shut out 8-0.

McCue went 8 with 10 hits, 6 runs, 3 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Jonathan Hyde allowed 2 hits and 2 runs with a walk in the 9th.

We only managed 4 hits. Giobbe Capuana was 2-for-4. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a double. Jim Raines was 1-for-4.

We'll hit the road for three with New Orleans to face the 64-89 Cajuns who sit 43 out of first and 22 behind us. We'll see former Charger Jesse Salvetti (9-6, 5.80 ERA), Francisco Marquez (0-0, 2.70 ERA), and Steve Hudson (8-11, 5.52 ERA).
Old 03-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #38
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 23rd-September 28th

September 23rd, 1903: On to the home stretch, just three serieses left! Although it'd be more of a "road" stretch as all three are away from home...

The first is a road series in New Orleans against the Cajuns. Josh Fisher (4-1, 4.20 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) took on former Charger Jesse Salvetti (9-6, 5.80 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) in the opener. Salvetti was as annoying as ever, and we lost the opener 5-3.

Fisher went the distance, 8 innings with 13 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and 6 strikeouts.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-5 with a double and run scored. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Kab-shik Min was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

September 24th, 1903: We needed to even the series back up with D.J. Ruhnke (16-9, 3.60 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) facing Bill Rivera (2-2, 4.35 ERA, 1.39 WHIP). Tied at three in the 9th, Bill Espinoza hit a walk-off single, and the Cajuns set themselves up for a sweep...

Ruhnke went 7 with 5 hits, 3 runs, and 12 strikeouts. Ellingson allowed 2 hits and the run without getting an out in the 9th.

Ruhnke was the best offensive producer, 2-for-3 with a run scored and RBI. Justin Arrington was 1-for-4 with a two run homer, giving him an even 50 on the season. Omar Atillio was 1-for-2 with a walk and run scored.

September 25th, 1903: Half a game behind the Rebels and looking to avoid the sweep, Jason Campbell (12-13, 3.86 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) looked to even his record against fellow southpaw Steve Hudson (8-11, 5.52 ERA, 1.48 WHIP). Josh Stevens came through clutch with a two run homer in the 9th, and we escaped New Orleans with a 5-4 win.

Campbell went 8 with 7 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), and 10 strikeouts. Ellingson was much better today, walking 1 in a hitless 9th for his 27th save.

Damian Salcido was 2-for-3 with an RBI. Kab-shik Min was 2-for-4 with a double an run scored as his average is just 2 ticks below .200 for the first time all season. Justin Arrington was 1-for-3 with a solo homer, hit by pitch, and his 29th steal. One more steal, and it'll be his 5th straight 30/30 season and possibly 4th 40/30 season in 5 years. Josh Stevens was 1-for-4 with the big two run homer. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with a solo shot.

Off to Cinncy for a three game set with the Red Hawks. We'd see Nam-shik Kim (2-5, 4.42 ERA), Mike Gardenhire (10-12, 4.44 ERA), and Matt Puckett (12-11, 4.21 ERA) as we try to erase the half game deficit.

September 26th, 1903: We opened the Red Hawks series with Cody Hall (11-8, 3.85 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) facing Nab-shik Kim (2-5, 4.42 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). Late scoring sent the game to extras, as Giobbe Capuana tied the game at two with a solo shot off Paul Monroe. They foolishly left him in for the 10th, and Rich Bennett hit a two run shot as we finished them off with a 4-2 win.

Damian Salcido left with back tightness, and will be day-to-day. With every win important, I may have to force him through this injury...

Hall went 6 with 6 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Tyler Bienvenu got the win, 2 perfect frames with 3 strikeouts.

Bennett was 2-for-5 with his homer and Capuana was 1-for-4 with a walk and his 41st homer. Josh Stevens was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-6 with a double and steal. Danny Sanchez was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI.

New York was shut out by Marcos Hernandez, so we moved a half game ahead of them. Hernandez struck out 6 in a 2-hit shutout as the Wildcats dominated the Rebels 10-0.

September 27th, 1903: We looked to keep on rolling with Nate McCue (17-12, 4.44 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) facing Mike Gardenhire (10-12, 4.44 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). Despite a 2 run 1st, McCue was rather dominate, and we walked away with a 5-2 win.

He went the distance with 6 hits, 3 walks, 9 strikeouts, and just the 2 runs.

Salicdo seamed to do fine, 3-for-4 with a double, homer, walk, and 3 RBI's. Brett Olsen was 2-for-4 with a hit by pitch and three runs scored. Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with a solo shot. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-4 with a walk and RBI. McCue was 1-for-2 with a pair of sac-bunts.

New York lost again!

September 28th, 1903: Red Hawks 2B Carlos Ruiz and Patriots CF Chris Shifley were Players of the Week.

We remained 3rd inthe Power Rankings. At 89-69, we have a nice 1.5 game lead over the Rebels for the final playoff spot in the AL.

We looked to finish off the sweep with Josh Fisher (4-2, 4.42 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) battling Matt Puckett (12-11, 4.21 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) in likely Fisher's last start of the season. It was a scary game, but we escaped with a 3-2 win.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

And 90 wins!!!

Brett Olsen left with a bruised thumb (not from a HBP...), but with the off day tomorrow, he may not miss any time. He was 2-for-4 with a double.

Fisher looked solid, 7.1 innings with 7 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 8 strikeouts for the former #6 overall pick. Bievenu picked up a hold, striking out the final two batters in the 8th. Ben Follmar got the save, a perfect frame with a strikeout and 2 fly outs.

Scary fly-outs, albeit, but still fly-outs...

Rich Bennett was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Jorge Rancier was 1-for-3 with a sac-fly and 2 RBI's. Capuana was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored. Salcido was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Like I said, off day tomorrow before heading to Washington to finish the season. They're fresh off a sweep of the Rebels. The Rebels have a four game series here in Cincinnati, with our magic number down to 2.

Interesting enough, based off run differential, they should be 89-69 (-2) and we should be 83-76 (+7). I was actually a little surprised, considering we have basically the best offense in the AL and our pitching isn't too terrible anymore.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #39
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 29th-October 2nd

September 29th, 1903: We got today off, but the New York Rebels face the Cinncinatti Red Hawks in a four game series to end the season. Erik Pike (17-9, 3.93 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) got the ball for the rebels against Eric Thomas (9-11, 4.81 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) and the Red Hawks. It was a slufgest all day, and the Rebels out scored the Red Hawks 13-7.

Thomas allowed 10 hits and 6 runs with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts in 7 innings. Pike went 6 with 8 hits, 5 runs, and 7 strikeouts. Red Hawks RF Jarod Baker was 3-for-4 with a solo homer. Rebel 1B Roy Luska was 3-for-5 with a double, his 43rd homer, and 5 RBI's to give him 136 for the year. Manny Cardenas was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored and driven in.

With New York now 88-71, they trail us by just 2 games. We head to Washington to finish the year, and will face Shane Fenley (2-1, 6.56 ERA), Bobby Centeno (5-13, 3.55 ERA), and superstar southpaw Marcos Hernandez (20-8, 2.81 ERA).

Magic number just 2!!!

September 30th, 1903: The opener saw Jason Campbell (13-13, 3.84 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) battle Bobby Centeno (5-13, 3.55 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) who jumped ahead in the rotation. Centeno has been used in the pen and the rotation, making his 20th start in 41 appearences. Despite a great start to the game, Simon Ellingson allowed a three run homer to Ricardo Garcia, and the Wildcats walked off 7-6 winners.

Campbell went 7 with 5 hits, 4 runs, 3 walks, and 11 strikeouts. Ellingson was charged with all three runs, walking one and allowing 2 hits without getting an out.

Jorge Rancier was 3-for-4 with 2 runs and a solo shot. Justin Arrington was 2-for-5 with a solo homer, 2 runs scored, and 3 steals to give him 32 on the season. It's his 5th straight 30/30 season and 4th 40-30 season in 5 years. With 52 homers, it's his first, and likely first ever, 50/30 season. Brett Olsen was 1-for-5 with a two run homer. Omar Atillio was 1-for-3 with a walk and double.

New York won, so they are just 1 behind us...

It is actually not the first 50/30 season, as Arrington's forgotten about teammate Carlos Sandate hit 53 homers and stole 34 bases in 1899. While he never had another 50/30, he had a 35/40 in 1896 and a 56/23 in 1897.

In 1881, New York CF Hahim Berui, a Nigerian native, was just short, hitting 49 homers and stealing 36 bases in 143 games.

October 1st, 1903: September wasn't the kindest to us, so let's home October is only wins!

New York RF Armando Chavez and Boston CF Chris Shifley were named Players of the Week.

Deadline acquisition Jason Campbell was named pitcher of October in the AL. He was 4-0 with a 2.74 ERA and 65 strikeout sin 46 innings. The recordbreaker Jerry Smith was the Player of the Week in the NL.

New Orleans 1B Jesus Falcon and Baltimore SS Jordan Hendrick were rookies of the month.

It's a must win game here as the Wildcats bumped up Marcos Hernandez (20-8, 2.81 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) to face the rising star D.J. Ruhnke (16-9, 3.61 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). We managed to put up runs (8) and toppled the Wildcats 9-4!

Ruhnke went 7 with 6 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and 10 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson bailed out Joe Stoner in the 9th, getting the final 2 outs for his 29th save.

Jesus Camargo was 3-for-6 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Damian Salcido was 3-for-5 with an RBI. Josh Stevens was 2-for-3 with a double, run scored, walk, and 2 RBI's. Jim Raines was 1-for-4 with 2 walks, 2 RBI's, a run scored, and double. Justin Arringtonw as 1-for-5 with 2 runs, a walk, and solo homer.

And in even better news, New York lost! So we did it! On to the playoffs!!!!

Everyone off tomorrow!!!

Thanks to Nam-shik Kim, who tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 2-0 win over the Rebels.

Newark 2B Ian West was 5-for-5 in a 3-2 win over the Bearcats. Lightning SP Ron Howard tossed a 3-hit shutout in a 9-0 win over the Cajuns.

October 2nd, 1903: Day offs for everyone were in order as we finished off the season as a playoff team! I gave Juan Barajas (1-2, 4.72 ERA, 1.57 WHIP) the start against Jose Gonzalez (13-10, 3.81 ERA, 1.28 WHIP). It was an almost totally backup lineup:

SS Mike Shaddox
1B Juan Vela
3B Rich Bennett
RF Josh Stevens
LF Kab-shik Kin
CF Keith Mundt
C Danny Sanchez
2B Bobby Smarsh
P Juan Barajas

Despite a scary 4 run 7th, we managed to hold off the Wildcats in a 6-5 win, finishing the year an impressive 92-70!

Instant success!!!

Barajas was great, 5 innings with 2 hits, a run, 4 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Felix Pena, who made his season debut, wasn't, allowing 6 hits and 4 runs with 2 walks and a strikeout in 2 innings. Jose Trejo got a hold, 2 strikeouts and a hit in the 8th. Danny Waltz got the save, ahit and strikeout in the 9th. It was Waltz' first career appearence.

On to the postseason!!!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #40
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

League Series

October 3rd, 1903: It's playoff time! I set my postseason roster today, including activating Mike Legg from the DL. We'd take on the Lightning in St. Louis in a best of 7. We'll be facing Jim McNiff (18-4, 2.01 ERA) and Matt Nesgoda (16-8, 4.18 ERA) to start off the series.

October 4th, 1903: Here's a really rare October trade where the Rebels acquired RHP Gene Parsons and RHP Edwin Nevarez from New Orleans for 2B Matt Henderson.

With staggered start dates, we were the only game on today in the UBL, with Nate McCue (18-12, 4.36 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) facing Jim McNiff (18-4, 2.01 ERA, 0.87 WHIP) in the first ever Detroit Charger postseason game. It was a close one, but the superior team escaped with a 4-3 win.

McCue went 6 with 9 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Ben Follmar got a strikeout in 2 perfect frames.

Jesus Camargo was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Justin Arrington was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and RBI. Damian Salcido was 2-for-4 with a double.

October 5th, 1903: We looked to even the series up with Jason Campbell (13-13, 3.88 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) facing Eddie Long (16-9, 3.66 ERA, 1.15 WHIP), who jumped Nesgoda in the rotaiton. Up 1-0 in the 8th, C Roy Brand hit a two run homer off Simon Ellingson, and the Lightning held on to the 2-1 lead...

Down 2-0 heading home...

Campbell was fine, 7 shutout innings with 4 hits, 4 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Ellingson allowed 2 hits and 2 runs in the 8th.

Danny Sanchez was 2-for-3 with a double and run scored. Campbell was 2-for-3 with an RBI. Arrington and Camargo had the other hits, both 1-for-4.

In the NL, the Freedom were hosting the Bearcats in Philadelphia. Noel Kessler had a strong outing in the 6-2 win, going 7 innings with 5 hits, 2 runs, and 6 strikeouts as the home teams have won every game this postseason.

October 6th, 1903: We had today off and we headed home for the first ever postseason game in Detroit.

In the NL, the Freedmom extended their lead to 2-0 with a 9-2 victory. Adam Jones was 3-for-4 with 2 homers and 4 RBI's, Jim Moran was 2-for-4 with a homer, 2 runs, and 4 RBI's, and starter Josh Foster went 7 with 3 hits, 2 runs, and 7 strikeouts.

Three at home where we'll see Nesgoda (16-8, 4.18 ERA), Ron Howard (16-8, 3.47 ERA), and hoepfully Game 1 starter Jim McNiff (18-4, 2.01 ERA; 1-0, 4.05 ERA).

October 7th, 1903: A battle of southpaws pinned Ron Howard (16-8, 3.47 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) gaianst D.J. Ruhnke (17-9, 3.66 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). Ruhnke has really broken out this year, improving from a 1.5/4* to a 3.5/4.5*. After going 12-13 with a 4.80 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, 158 walks, and 214 strikeouts in his first full season last year, bounced back, lowering the walks to 77 and increasing the punchouts to 252. With a big 4 run 7th, we managed to keep the trend of the home team winning by one, taking the third game 5-4.

Ruhnke was solid in his first career playoff start, 7 innings with 7 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Simon Ellingson pitched much better, 2 innings with a hit and 2 strikeouts for the save.

Justin Arrington was 3-for-4 with a walk and run scored. Mike Legg was 2-for-3 with a double and sac-bunt. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with a walk, double, run scored, and 3 RBI's. Damian Salcido was 1-for-4 with a two run homer.

October 8th, 1903: We looked to keep the momentum going, with Cody Hall (11-8, 3.82 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) facing Matt Nesgoda (16-8, 4.18 ERA, 1.28 WHIP), who hasn't had the best stretch of games before the playoffs. The home luck ran out, and we fell down 3-1 after a 5-2 loss.

Hall went 5 with 10 hits, 4 runs, a walk, and strikeout. Juan de Loera allowed 3 hits and a run in 2 innings.

Omar Atillio was 2-for-4 with a double. Giobbe Capuana was 1-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and RBI. Brett Olsen was 1-for-4 with a double.

The Bearcats got back in the series, with Billy Hawkins tossing a 2-hit shutout in a 7-0 win over the Freedom. Victor Martinez, Felipe Navarro, and Juan Ozuna hit longballs in the win.

October 9th, 1903: Does our season end today? Jim McNiff (18-4, 2.01 ERA, 0.87 WHIP; 1-0, 4.05 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) would look to make that happen against Nate McCue (18-12, 4.36 ERA, 1.20 WHIP; 0-1, 6.00 ERA, 1.83 WHIP).

This is gonna be a big game...

So big that the offense decided to call it off, and the Lightning toyed with us in a 5-0 shutout.

Well, it was still a fun season!!!

The Lightning will likely face to the Freedom, who edged out the Bearcats 8-7 in 11 innings.

October 10th, 1903: In another 11 inning affair, the Freedom edged the Bearcats 4-3 to take the series 4-1. Kessler, game 1's winner, went 7 with 7 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Brooklyn's Franklin Torres had a better game, 7.1 innings with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 7 strikeouts. Ben Donaldson was 2-for-4 with a homer and 2 RBI's in the win.

I'll try to finish up the postseason today!