Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 11-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Rolling Thread of prices for rarities

Someone just hit on a BIN for 7500 on Ozzie Smith 1987 AS. I didn't expect it to go for quite that much.

I'm watching to see if someone hits on the Pete Rose PEAK. Just a while ago there was a Rose PEAK that someone dropped in for 1000 BIN. It was gone by the time I clicked on it.

Last edited by crowhop; 11-12-2018 at 03:52 PM.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have the utmost respect for the Wizard of Oz, but his card is not worth 7500PP. I guess you should always price that Buy It Now high just in case.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
Someone just hit on a BIN for 7500 on Ozzie Smith 1987 AS. I didn't expect it to go for quite that much.

I'm watching to see if someone hits on the Pete Rose PEAK. Just a while ago there was a Rose PEAK that someone dropped in for 1000 BIN. It was gone by the time I clicked on it.
Yup, I snapped it up without a second thought
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Though it is "only" a 78 card, he's your SS forever, most likely. There's a lot of value in that.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Though it is "only" a 78 card, he's your SS forever, most likely. There's a lot of value in that.
Sorry, I meant I snapped up the Pete Rose Legend card for 1000 PP. I agree with the posters here that Ozzie Smith is not worth the going rate.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #6
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That, there, is what determines the real value of a card. Not the OVR. I'd pay 7500 for it (if I had 7500).

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

But you could get it for much less.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:42 AM   #8
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Perhaps, but I've never seen one on sale.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #9
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Ya, that 78-rated Ozzie is easily one of the rarest cards - I almost never see them at the AH, which is saying something for a silver (even a historical one). Even his 74-rated card is pretty hard to come by. If you prioritize defense but still care about offense to some degree, there's really no better SS I've seen at any level of rarity. The Diamond/Gold SS crew can all hit well, but none have the defense of the Wizard... Simmons is comparable on defense of course, but he's also among the most expensive and rare silvers in the AH, and has worse offensive and speed ratings. Lindor even gets pushed to 2B on my team, because he can't compete with Ozzie at SS.

I've noticed that several of the undisputed 'best defenders' (who can hit at least reasonably well) seem to have this going on. When was the last time Andruw Jones (Gold, but still - not Diamond or perfect) hit the AH, and what does he usually go for, for example? I almost never see him there, but a copy of Trout is always available if you've got enough PP to spend.

Last edited by el_gringo; 11-14-2018 at 04:25 PM.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #10
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

I bought 2018 Jose Ramierez for nearly 8K. I really needed a 2B, and as high as that sounded, you can't do much better than Jose Ramierez and its only marginally more than the price of a single Gold pack.
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Haven’t seen a honus Wagner for sale yet
Attached Images

Last edited by asaintsfan; 12-01-2018 at 03:44 PM.
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #12
schreck
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Ya, that 78-rated Ozzie is easily one of the rarest cards - I almost never see them at the AH, which is saying something for a silver (even a historical one). Even his 74-rated card is pretty hard to come by. If you prioritize defense but still care about offense to some degree, there's really no better SS I've seen at any level of rarity. The Diamond/Gold SS crew can all hit well, but none have the defense of the Wizard... Simmons is comparable on defense of course, but he's also among the most expensive and rare silvers in the AH, and has worse offensive and speed ratings. Lindor even gets pushed to 2B on my team, because he can't compete with Ozzie at SS.

I've noticed that several of the undisputed 'best defenders' (who can hit at least reasonably well) seem to have this going on. When was the last time Andruw Jones (Gold, but still - not Diamond or perfect) hit the AH, and what does he usually go for, for example? I almost never see him there, but a copy of Trout is always available if you've got enough PP to spend.
I got a Tulo from 2011 that is a beast on Defense, and great offense too. What is Ozzie's D rated at? I pulled an 89 Gold Pee Wee Reese as well, didn't expect to find a better defensive guy, but Tulo beats him pretty comfortably in the error rating, and has a bit better offense.
Attached Images
schreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #13
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Here's the 78 OVR OZ
Attached Images
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:44 AM   #14
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

The 2007 Rookie Sensation Tulo actually has better defensive ratings than the 2011 All Star, though you're giving up more offense than what you're gaining on defense
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Here's the 78 OVR OZ

How on EARTH is that card only rated a 78 OVR?
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #16
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post

That could explain his auction history.

He doesn't fit my theme team. I tried to sell him before the season and there were no bids.
So now he's hitting .342 with a .410 OBP, 23 stolen bases and 1 error through May 17 of this season.
Attached Images
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
1 Power pulls him down/caps him, I can only imagine. I'm not complaining, if it had managed to be a low-80's-rated card it'd cost a small fortune...
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

It's a great card but it is WAY overpriced. There are several gold historical shortstops (Reese, Rizzuto, Boudreau) that are as good overall, and Lindor is much better for less money.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #19
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Lindor can't touch Ozzie's glove. Thats important to some people. He definitely will outhit him though.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Lindor can't touch Ozzie's glove.
I disagree. If you have both players in your league, look at the actual fielding stats. They are very similar.