Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 11-12-2018, 03:13 AM   #41
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
1-in-30? You are generous.
Well it was 1 in 30 when I looked at how many bids., but yep 3hrs have passed so probably 1 in 50 now

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:14 AM   #42
ThePretender
All Star Starter

I just bought two bronze cards. I don't think the market is as dead as you think. I don't see the downside in just tossing them out for a low auction and if they don't sell, then immediately get the 5-25 points.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #43
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
I just bought two bronze cards. I don't think the market is as dead as you think. I don't see the downside in just tossing them out for a low auction and if they don't sell, then immediately get the 5-25 points.
this ^

Be kind to your fellow players. We were all newbies once (a week ago). Those new people entering the game really need those bronze and even common cards to get started. Collectors would like to have a shot at them too. Put them out there for 24 hours with the auto-sell button checked. Nothing to lose except an extra few clicks and a day of money that amounts to nothing.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:31 AM   #44
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Bronze market definitely isn't dead. Was in a bidding war on a specific bronze card that is INSANELY underrated last night. I lost the first one that went for over 450PP. Won the second one at the last second at 425PP.

It pays to really look through your league. Trust me on that.
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #45
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to build a team with all Boston players, so I jumped on some Bronze cards this weekend. Even bought a couple Irons at auction so that I could finish out my lineup (Sandy Leon, oh boy). So I agree, put 'em up for auction with auto-sell ticked, unless you REALLY need that 25 to get another pack.

Either way, this will be mitigated with the introduction of collections and tournaments in the future.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #46
LGreen7519
Bat Boy

But, since we are in the Public beta league, this is all just practice, anyway - right? All of the teams and cards are being wiped out when the final launch takes place in late November or early December...
LGreen7519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #47
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGreen7519 View Post
But, since we are in the Public beta league, this is all just practice, anyway - right? All of the teams and cards are being wiped out when the final launch takes place in late November or early December...
Yes, of course, but this should in theory accurately model how things will play out upon the official release, so concerns are valid.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #48
LGreen7519
Bat Boy

Yup. Agreed. I just wouldn't want to make too much effort and/or get to attached to my team knowing that this is just a test phase - like, collecting all Red Sox players for instance. But, as you say, great to test your strategies now. When I first signed up, I didn't notice the Public Beta taste note.
LGreen7519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #49
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
Bronze market definitely isn't dead. Was in a bidding war on a specific bronze card that is INSANELY underrated last night. I lost the first one that went for over 450PP. Won the second one at the last second at 425PP.

It pays to really look through your league. Trust me on that.
The odd one or two, sure. 99% of bronze cards are worthless. Another ten auctions for bronze cards for a minimum bid expired without a bidder while I was at work. It's pointless; tear them up and be done with it.

Especially since at 25 PP you are even selling them at a loss due to the house taking its cut.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #50
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Are all cards being placed up for auction coming from the players?
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #51
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Are all cards being placed up for auction coming from the players?
Good question, and I have wondered this myself.

FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only

Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Where else would they come from???
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #53
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Where else would they come from???
The server (the AI) could offer up cards for auction as a way of getting different cards into the pool or to take PP out of the pool as a way to encourage more PP to be purchased.

Basically seeding cards into the auction at random to generate to activity and take PP out of the market. It's can be used to control an economy.

FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only

Last edited by mikezone13; 11-15-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #54
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The odd one or two, sure. 99% of bronze cards are worthless. Another ten auctions for bronze cards for a minimum bid expired without a bidder while I was at work. It's pointless; tear them up and be done with it.

Especially since at 25 PP you are even selling them at a loss due to the house taking its cut.
It depends on how your team is built. If you're Gringoing it up with a super-specific park, certain Bronzes retain a lot of value. My team is quite loaded (six diamonds, 8-10 golds, etc), but my catcher is a 69 point Bronze and I haven't found anything close to an improvement. Bronze pitchers died for me a week ago, but I still have several Bronze hitters who are too good to talk me out of selling the Silver/Gold/Diamond players I draw that are only marginal upgrades over them, if that.

Last edited by sansterre; 11-15-2018 at 09:31 AM.
sansterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #55
pher431
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I love this idea. I think it would level the playing field if you're restricted to a PP salary cap. I think it would also add an additional challenge of constructing your team with the right mix of players, not just stock piling all 90+ rated players.
pher431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #56
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pher431 View Post
I love this idea. I think it would level the playing field if you're restricted to a PP salary cap. I think it would also add an additional challenge of constructing your team with the right mix of players, not just stock piling all 90+ rated players.
You can already set a PP salary cap for yourself. The playing field will be very level in rookie league. Other players that prefer to play without one will rise to leagues above you, and won't be bothering you in a few short weeks. If you rise to A with your self-imposed cap and beat people there, more power to you.

Everyone should be allowed to play their game in their own way, and PT allows you to do just that! Don't try to make others conform to your ideas.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #57
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

The problem with having salary cap leagues is that people would have to opt into them. Obviously the dev team isn't going to impose a salary cap game-wide, or else the market for buying PP would take a hit. So you'd end up with X number of salary cap leagues and Y number of non-cap leagues. The onus would then be on the players to choose which league to join, which screws with the automation process and the P/R system, would split the playerbase, and it would just be a bit of a mess.

Salary cap tournaments, however, should be relatively easy to implement, and Markus has said that may be a possibility in the future (along with other themes).
Old 11-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #58
kcharles520
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Well, Bronze/Silvers could gain a boost if we could see L/R splits on the card before we bought them too. A lot of them are perfectly good platoon players IMO.
Exactly...I still have a few bronze guys in my lineup because they can crush either LHP or RHP but not both....and my team has been pretty successful even in the 2nd season with those guys in the lineup.

Ability to see splits on the cards before buying needs to get implemented imo.
kcharles520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #59
<Pion>
All Star Starter

The bronze market has rebounded. Prices on the auction house are quite high with everyone starting over, but that was to be expected.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #60
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

As predicted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I predict that there will be one more bronze bubble right after the beta wipe. However, it won't be as big or last as long because:

1. people now understand that bronze is only temporary while diamonds last forever
2. PP purchases will be enabled thus some former bronze hunters will be looking for bigger game
3. more people will be participating so the pool of available bronze cards will be larger