Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

A few things

First off, this is an amazing product that I already spend too many hours on, but one can always think of a few things to make it even more enjoyable. Don't know if some of these are even feasible, but it can't hurt to ask so here goes.

1) Track the number of Player of the Game awards in stats and have each team choose a Team MVP at the end of the season based on who has the most PoG Awards. You could even make it available for human managers to vote for the award on teams they control .

2) Love the customizable Manager's Office and would love to see even more options there. Especially a screen that showed the waiver wire - including name, position and overall rating so you don't have to constantly go back and forth to that screen daily when simming and looking for some specific help in the bullpen or elsewhere.

3) also would like an option in Manager's Office to separate the primary lineup screen from the pitching staff so I can see all of both but in different windows ( I use 2 rows 6 columns so pitchers scroll off screen now) If so, then there would probably be room to add the remaining batter subs on the lineup screen also.

Thanks again for all the hard work and the incredible product!
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Transaction News in News past 2017 historical season and yes you can do it but things get turned off and have to them turn back on.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

A few more items.

In 3d mode can you have the runner speed up on plays where he is going to reach base safely instead of having the fielder hold on to the ball until the throw is too late. That is really unrealistic and immersion breaking.

If you are playing historical transaction mode and take a team to the playoffs that didn't make it in real life, you lose players during the middle of the playoffs because they became free agents historically on that date. Is there some way to delay transactions for playoff teams until after the playoffs?

It would be great if you could come up with a way for AI managers to readjust defensive positions to best help the team when replacing tired players. For example if you have a utility outfielder replacing a tired center fielder that is best at left field, while your starting left fielder is much better than the utility guy at center. Have the AI automatically put the utility in left and switch the LF to CF. Of course it could be an option that could be toggled on or off by human players if you wanted the switch to be precise. Maybe as a strategy option?

Thanks again for the amazing game and all the constant work to improve it.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 AM   #4
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Its fantastic that you're making the changes to substitutes so the AI makes the best defensive adjustments in OOTPXX. Another strategy change I would like to see is the individual injury options available in the general strategy tab. I tend to have the manager bench any player who has a moderate or worse injury but have him available to PH. It would be a big time saver to make this a global option rather than doing it on a player by player basis, every time there is an injury.

A small thing that confuses me (but maybe no one else) is the one off difference between the version number and the season. Someone will be talking about 19 meaning the version and I think they mean the season or visa versa. Maybe next year you could use the opportunity to align them by naming the version OOTP2020 since OOTPXX is coming up now. Anyway, just an idea.